Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Headshot wrote: »
    what the T shirts like?

Any pics, just curious

32389438152_ea282e4a51_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Puggly

rednik wrote: »
    I received mine early last week,t-shirt, lanyard and laminate.

I haven't received anything yet 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Puggly

No..Nothing yet.

Haven't received anything yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Puggly wrote: »
    I haven't received anything yet 😥

Have a little patience while you wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

still waiting on my membership package and my london tickets :(:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    still waiting on my membership package and my london tickets :(:(:(:(

Patience, there's still 5 months til the London shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Got me Gdansk ones already :D

Axl's IEM (in ear mix) from the January 28th show in Japan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 332 ✭✭mcneil

rednik wrote: »
    Have a little patience while you wait :)

He looks ****ed there. His singing not to great either

• Advertisement

Steven Adler wants to re-join Guns N’ Roses for Appetite For Destruction 30th anniversary gigs.

http://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/steven-adler-wants-to-re-join-guns-n-roses-for-appetite-for-destruction-30th-anniversary-gigs/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

If they had any sense they'd not only do those gigs but release a 30th anniversary Appetite box set with all the trimmings such as a classic live gig, demos, interviews, videos...give us something to look forward to anyway!

If they had any sense they'd not only do those gigs but release a 30th anniversary Appetite box set with all the trimmings such as a classic live gig, demos, interviews, videos...give us something to look forward to anyway!

You'd think they would.. Everyone seems to be remastering albums/special/deluxe editions, so why not Guns.. But it all boils down to one guy in the end, and he can be stubborn (to put it lightly) at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    You'd think they would.. Everyone seems to be remastering albums/special/deluxe editions, so why not Guns.. But it all boils down to one guy in the end, and he can be stubborn (to put it lightly) at the best of times.

It's incredible when you think about it. The last official GNR product I bought was Chinese Democracy, nine years ago! I know they released a live DVD but come on...sort it out lads.

It's incredible when you think about it. The last official GNR product I bought was Chinese Democracy, nine years ago! I know they released a live DVD but come on...sort it out lads.

Can only hope having Slash & Duff back will maybe give Axl that kick in the ass to release new music, or whatever's recorded/left over from the Chinese Democracy years..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Can only hope having Slash & Duff back will maybe give Axl that kick in the ass to release new music, or whatever's recorded/left over from the Chinese Democracy years..

Well them being back in the band seems to have got the website and the general interaction with the fans through social media to a level we haven't had before.

I know axl can be set in how he does things which has caused problems, but just watching axls demeanour in general since slash and duff have come back to the band is heartening.

Slash's setup from his solo band, which I'd imagine is the same setup he uses with Guns these days.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well them being back in the band seems to have got the website and the general interaction with the fans through social media to a level we haven't had before.

I know axl can be set in how he does things which has caused problems, but just watching axls demeanour in general since slash and duff have come back to the band is heartening.

And that's a massive plus in today's world.

And your point about Axl's demeanor, it's a good one, he doesn't seem so tense as he used to.

Be interesting to see where do they go now when the tour is over, will they continue touring the classics, or will they raid Axl's legendary vault and put out some new stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

And your point about Axl's demeanor, it's a good one, he doesn't seem so tense as he used to.

Be interesting to see where do they go now when the tour is over, will they continue touring the classics, or will they raid Axl's legendary vault and put out some new stuff?

Well I honestly think that axl was carrying the stress of trying to carry on the GNR name without any of the other members of GNR that made it famous. I mean I think thats why he has such an issue with slash in particular leaving, as he knew the "nugnuns" would be accepted by the media and some fans without slash in the band.

I will give axl credit he kept going with the name when others probably would have said "**** this for a game of toy soilders," and I just think all the negative feeling is gone and it shows. The interactions between axl and slash seem very genuine and axl seems genuinely happy to have slash back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Re: your last sentence..... I recall reading somewhere that Slash was supposedly recording something to put out under the GnR name.....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Slash's setup from his solo band, which I'd imagine is the same setup he uses with Guns these days.

That's a great video, thanks for throwing it on here.

Re: your last sentence..... I recall reading somewhere that Slash was supposedly recording something to put out under the GnR name.....?

Could've been from a Metal Hammer link..

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    That's a great video, thanks for throwing it on here.

Well I kinda figured there'd be some people here who were into that kinda thing, plus it's interesting finding out how it's done backstage/what the crowd don't see.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Well I kinda figured there'd be some people here who were into that kinda thing, plus it's interesting finding out how it's done backstage/what the crowd don't see.

Love the straighforward-ness of it. Need to get myself a delay pedal.

Anyway, jesus, I hope he comes back with Myles soon enough (although that might seem greedy from me, y'know, what with Slane an all).

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Love the straighforward-ness of it. Need to get myself a delay pedal.

Anyway, jesus, I hope he comes back with Myles soon enough (although that might seem greedy from me, y'know, what with Slane an all).

I'd say Slash ft. Myles & The Conspirators could be on hold for a while, not that I'm complaining - Cause Slane and all - 90 days to go I think?.

Out on a limb guess, 2018/19 we'll probably get another Slash, Myles & The Conspirators album.. Unless a new GN'R album surfaces..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I'd say Slash ft. Myles & The Conspirators could be on hold for a while.

Slash only has the 10 albums or so ready to go :cool:

Slash only has the 10 albums or so ready to go :cool:

Wouldn't surprise me if he did..

last show of this leg of the tour taking place at the moment in Dubai and there next show is Slane on the 27th May. London Night 1 for me in June so longer wait for me but a lot of ye are looking forward too Slane i imagine, Support acts for the Euro tour TBA anyday now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Got shipping confirmation for my fan club tshirt this morning.

Is it just rumour about Euro support being announced?

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Is it just rumour about Euro support being announced?

Not really a rumour but it's expected the support for the Euro tour will be announced soon

As regards Slane with the show sold out its hard to knw what support bands MCD will go with ?

Advertisement