Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭gooner99

Possibility of an indoor run after this lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

gooner99 wrote: »

Would be great to see them in the 3 arena harness all that energy in a confined space .
    I would be of the opinion that slane again would be over kill

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

gooner99 wrote: »

Who knows.
    Would be great to see them in the 3 arena harness all that energy in a confined space .

Would love to see them in The O2, but I won't hold my breath.

Slane again, yeah I've got to agree, that would be overkill.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Don't think I'd go again as good as the last show I saw was, 2018 will prob be a similar setlist with 1/2 changes

Jayus there really trying too make $$$$$ on this tour

Uh isn't that why every band go on tour :P

Album sales ain't worth **** now, so $$$$$ got to be made somehow...

Doubt if Slave will be on two years in a row and I don't think they go for the same act twice in a row.

• Advertisement

My friend in the US saw them outdoors last year and indoors this year. He said the indoor event was real special and the longer set list topped it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,461 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

its really hard to know what the future holds

Im expecting a fly on the wall doc on the reunion some day and maybe a new greatest hits/live DVD. They could keep this tour going til 2019/2020 and play indoor legs in Europe and other parts of the world and then when its over call it a day

They may have no interest in making new music and are happy with what they have

even after all this time it still feels weird having Slash, Axl and Duff on stage together again and the fact almost all of us here saw them in the flesh,its so surreal

Paul Buckmaster died on the 7th of November. Taken from Axl's twitter.
    Very sorry to hear of Mr. Paul Buckmaster's passing. I feel very fortunate to have met him n' have his involvement in GNR. My deepest condolences to his friends, fans n' loved ones.

Any for those wondering exactly what his involvement with Guns N' Roses was, he arranged & conducted Street of Dreams, There Was A Time, Madagascar, Prostitute off of Chinese Democracy.

its really hard to know what the future holds

Im expecting a fly on the wall doc on the reunion some day and maybe a new greatest hits/live DVD. They could keep this tour going til 2019/2020 and play indoor legs in Europe and other parts of the world and then when its over call it a day

They may have no interest in making new music and are happy with what they have

even after all this time it still feels weird having Slash, Axl and Duff on stage together again and the fact almost all of us here saw them in the flesh,its so surreal

Axl might not, but I'm sure if you were to ask Slash or Duff, they'd probably be itching to do a new album..

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

If we are blessed with an indoor gig from these guys mebbe next year, I'd pay any price for a pass!! Still buzzing after last night's Vegas gig, venue said 7.30 start barely 25% full so was expecting a wait, 7.45 not even half full and it started(it filled up pretty quick then)! For three and a half hours!!!!!! with no let up at all!! V similar set list to slane but was thrilled to have my Michelle and don't cry added to the mix both of them really rocked. Prostitute impressed me and coma an utter treat again. Lots of Chinese democracy, couple of acoustic numbers off Lies thrown in, absolutely complete!! The 4 guys up front bossed the stage, Fortus was like a man possessed and slash took flyers off the drum riser nearly every song!! Ridiculously amazing gig!!

• Advertisement

From the Sacramento, California show last night.

23621614_1606004999455813_4197442704889629371_n.jpg?oh=2327e19d405400a3315f4bf1e58ded82&oe=5AACEF8B

A rig rundown of Duff, Richard's & Slash's set up on the current Not In This Lifetime tour.

So Dizzy released a track from his upcoming solo album via Rolling Stone Australia.

https://rollingstoneaus.com/music/post/listen-to-dizzy-reeds-stomping-new-solo-track-this-dont-look-like-vegas/7508

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So Dizzy released a track from his upcoming solo album via Rolling Stone Australia.

https://rollingstoneaus.com/music/post/listen-to-dizzy-reeds-stomping-new-solo-track-this-dont-look-like-vegas/7508

hard too care about Dizzy tbh

remember that Pitman guy ???, he really stole a living and is a richer man now cause of it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

hard too care about Dizzy tbh

remember that Pitman guy ???, he really stole a living and is a richer man now cause of it lol

Pitman clearly wasn't very smart as he was part and then decided to flush it all away by acting the eijit and bad mouthing the whole thing.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Pitman clearly wasn't very smart as he was part and then decided to flush it all away by acting the eijit and bad mouthing the whole thing.

His loss, Melissa Reese's massive gain.

Last show of the tour will be broadcast on SiriusXM on Wednesday night, probably will end up online somehow for those who don't have access to SiriusXM.

Last show of the tour will be broadcast on SiriusXM on Wednesday night, probably will end up online somehow for those who don't have access to SiriusXM.

cool but its only the last show of the 2017 leg

amazing that the tour is going on since 2016 and going into the new year

cool but its only the last show of the 2017 leg

amazing that the tour is going on since 2016 and going into the new year

You know what I mean :P

More dates added still No Irish date .
    Unless they kick it off here June 1st Fri night . Would of imagined if there was a date in the pipe line it'd be announced in time for the Xmas rush. They'd surely sell out the 3 arena this time around.
    They seem to be heading back this way after Russia finishing up in Scandinavia
    Prob clutching at straws at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

More dates added still No Irish date

Those dates were added weeks ago :confused:

Stadiums and Festivals hate to break it to ya but they not gonna buck that trend on this run.

Ah read the add wrong and jumped the gun there
    Wishful thinking on my part. Normal service resumed.

Full audio of the Forum gig from Wednesday, was the bands longest show with 37 songs and clocking in at 4 hours.

Full audio of the Forum gig from Wednesday, was the bands longest show with 37 songs and clocking in at 4 hours.

amazing and considering where the band was 5 or so years ago

mentioned before this tour is all about the $$$$ so id say we will get a blu ray/concert film of a show on the tour and maybe a Doc in the near future

mentioned before this tour is all about the $$$$ so id say we will get a blu ray/concert film of a show on the tour and maybe a Doc in the near future

It really is. Don't think in anyone's wildest dreams did they think they'd see Axl & Slash back together again.

It really is. Don't think in anyone's wildest dreams did they think they'd see Axl & Slash back together again.

I'll gladly take a new Live album when all is said and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's a bit mad to be sitting here on December 12th 2017 given that two years ago the GNR situation was potentially going to be big but the rumours of a reunion was just that, a rumour.

6 months break, various members will be busy, Duff's got Walking Papers, Slash's supposedly working on an album with Myles & The Conspirators (which was started before the reunion), Dizzy's got a solo album on the horizon, so that leaves Axl, Frank, Richard & Melissa twiddling thumbs until Guns start back up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

...Slash's supposedly working on an album with Myles & The Conspirators (which was started before the reunion)...
    Myles has just denied this. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/myles-kennedy-says-there-are-no-concrete-plans-to-work-on-new-slash-solo-album/

• Advertisement

finhex wrote: »

So Slash's girlfriend said he was going to go into the studio with Myles, now Myles himself has shot it down.

Misdirection 101, something must/has to be cooking, cause I can't see Slash sitting around for 6 months.. Unless he's gonna end Slash ft. Myles & The Conspirators, or replace Myles with another singer, which would be a shame.

Guess it's just wait and see what happens.

Advertisement