Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Duff looked like death warmed up on that tour. Then again his pancreas burst only months later so no wonder!

Bit off with the timeline, Duff's pancreas burst in May 1994.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Bit off with the timeline, Duff's pancreas burst in May 1994.

Yeah I meant after the tour ended

The band have been announced to play at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in November.
    Rock legends Guns N' Roses have been announced as the latest act on the star-studded bill for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
    The band will play at du Arena on Sunday November 25 after the final F1 race of the season.

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/nightlife/news/83295-guns-n-roses-to-play-at-abu-dhabi-grand-prix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,125 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/nightlife/news/83295-guns-n-roses-to-play-at-abu-dhabi-grand-prix
    That's the literal definition of selling out :)

That's the literal definition of selling out :)

Money's a great thing, not that they need it after almost 3 years...

Also explains why Slash's solo touring will be just a short run..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Also see One in a Million is left off the reissues.

seachto7 wrote: »
    Also see One in a Million is left off the reissues.

Yup unfortunately, probably not worth the **** storm that'd ensue over it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Axl is a sell out to remove one in a million. All politically correct now.

They never play ur f%ckin crazy either....

fin12 wrote: »

Well if he got **** for it in 1988, when it was only newspapers & magazines & TV's

How do you think today's ultra politically correct world would handle it, and be able to tweet their opinions within seconds/minutes of the song being available.

I'd say it's just a case of 30 years of hindsight and not wanting to go through the same **** again..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's not removed from the album it's just the reissue which is a combination of lies and live like a suicide. Axl has said for years he wanted to remove it as its caused him problems due to him not being able to get his story straight on why he wrote and who it's about. Also do you know for definite it was an axl call ? It might have been a record company call. I've said before I wouldn't play it infront of people but I've listened to it several times, but I don't think it should be taken off the physical album but this reissue is on iTunes as well. Axl may not have had a choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It's not removed from the album it's just the reissue which is a combination of lies and live like a suicide. Axl has said for years he wanted to remove it as its caused him problems due to him not being able to get his story straight on why he wrote and who it's about. Also do you know for definite it was an axl call ? It might have been a record company call. I've said before I wouldn't play it infront of people but I've listened to it several times, but I don't think it should be taken off the physical album but this reissue is on iTunes as well. Axl may not have had a choice.

Why wouldn’t you listen to it in front of people? Just because you listen and like a song doesn’t mean you agree with what he’s saying.

Why wouldn’t you listen to it in front of people? Just because you listen and like a song doesn’t mean you agree with what he’s saying.

Yes I know that and you know that but it'd be my luck to play it and someone gets offended and then all kinds of **** happens. So best to just leave it off and not risk it. I know that's hardly a rock n roll attitude to have but feck it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

https://youtu.be/bGl2Yt-fiVg

There's a few of these pro shots from the skin and bones tour coming down the line.

Check out nice boys and the garden also
    Only a couple of hundred views so fresh enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

https://youtu.be/bGl2Yt-fiVg

There's a few of these pro shots from the skin and bones tour coming down the line.

That's a fantastic find.

That's a fantastic find.

The garden was only released 2 hrs ago
    Jorge apparently has the whole gig on pro shot
    Can't wait for it to come out I know I know it's bootleg but seeing new material of the bad at it's pinical and striped of all the razzmatazz of the illusions tour plus Axls on fire slash is in zone (good coke) duffs bass is well down in the mix unfortunately but looks rough .
    I'll be keeping an eye on this Jorge lads channel to see when the next one is out so far it's My Michelle.Nice Boys. Live and Let die and the Garden must check out the set list for the gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Very lucrative for sure. The Who pulled a gig in Dublin (maybe Belfast also) a few years back to play that. Worked well for me as I couldn't make original date but went to the one that was rescheduled :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Can't wait for it to come out I know I know it's bootleg but seeing new material of the bad at it's pinical and striped of all the razzmatazz of the illusions tour plus Axls on fire slash is in zone (good coke) duffs bass is well down in the mix unfortunately but looks rough .
    I'll be keeping an eye on this Jorge lads channel to see when the next one is out so far it's My Michelle.Nice Boys. Live and Let die and the Garden must check out the set list for the gig

Nice hearing Axl tell Matt at the start what song is next :cool:

Poor Gilby barely gets a look in there! Have a lot of respect for him. He always came across as a level headed and down to earth fella. It was nice to see him at the Hall of Fame awards, he deserved recognition.

I remember when GNR played the UK on that tour, was so annoyed they didn't stick an Irish gig in there. I didn't have the money to go see them at Milton Keynes and the fact that Izzy had rejoined them for a while made it even worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,125 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Not too sure about duffs tone meself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

It most certainly is, looks amazing

Nice hearing Axl tell Matt at the start what song is next

My heart skipped a beat when Matt knocked out the first drum roll of locomotive just before My Michelle

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BurnUp78

My heart skipped a beat when Matt knocked out the first drum roll of locomotive just before My Michelle

Pro shot of Locomotive is the holy grail. You just know Axl has it somewhere in his vault to!

They only played locomotive live once didn't they ? I know there is the Paris rehearsal footage with Jeff beck but I've heard audio of them playing it live but no video.

I mean I posted a video of the Chicago 1992 show which had all the extras on it prior to the show and that footage was stolen from the crew. My point is imagine the footage that wasn't and someone has(Axl) locked away. They said they filmed every show of the UYI tour so the vault must have some amazing stuff in it.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    They only played locomotive live once didn't they ? I know there is the Paris rehearsal footage with Jeff beck but I've heard audio of them playing it live but no video.

I mean I posted a video of the Chicago 1992 show which had all the extras on it prior to the show and that footage was stolen from the crew. My point is imagine the footage that wasn't and someone has(Axl) locked away. They said they filmed every show of the UYI tour so the vault must have some amazing stuff in it.

They played it about 4 times during the illusions tour between July and Dec 91 according to set list fm.
    There was one monster 35 song gig on Aug 3rd at Inglewood Ca that also contained
    Perfect crime
    Pretty tied up
    Break down
    Right next door to hell
    Loco
    And Dead horse .
    That my friends is the fabled holy grail of pro shots.
    It must of been for the perfect crime documentary that's never seen the light of day .
    So if someone can talk nicely to Axl just that one gig released on blue ray thank you very much .

Could be a nice addition to a 30 year Illusions box set not to far around the corner.

When it comes to Guns stuff on YouTube, Gibbos YouTube Channel rules..

Also Guns landed back on the charts with Shadow Of Your Love for the first time since Better in 2009.
    "Shadow" is GN'R's first track to crack Mainstream Rock Songs in nearly a decade and its 22nd entry overall. The group, which boasts eight top 10s, had last charted with "Better," which hit No. 18 in January 2009.

"Shadow" is the band's first radio single featuring its original lineup of Rose, Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan and Steven Adler since "Patience," which peaked at No. 7 in March 1989. It's the first with Slash, Stradlin and McKagan since "Sympathy for the Devil" (No. 10, 1994).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tour is never going to end at this rate. Racking In the $$$$

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156458818638069&id=10901008068

• Advertisement

Would imagine after they've wrapped in Abu Dhabi in late November, Slash will turn his attention full time to Myles & The Conspirators, while Axl will probably go off with AC/DC for a while..

Advertisement