Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It'll be the same set-list as previous runs, don't get your hopes up fellas..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Perfect Crime rumoured to have been trialled also.

Well I'll be damned, they played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I've wanted to see Axl do Slither more than anything.

To be honest, it wasn't as good as I'd hoped.

Maybe you had to be there, you lucky, lucky Berliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I've wanted to see Axl do Slither more than anything.

To be honest, it wasn't as good as I'd hoped.

Maybe you had to be there, you lucky, lucky Berliners.
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well I'll be damned, they played it.

Not as good as the original, sad that Scott died so young.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,011 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So it appears start of tour rusty Axl was compounded but shocking technical difficulties and the acoustics don't seem to have been that good.

So Download Festival have released the stage times for all bands next weekend, and Guns will be closing out the Saturday starting at 19:20 and going until 22:50.

Black Stone Cherry as their warm up will be on from 17:20 to 18:30.

Little tidbit, Duff's daughter Grace and her band The Pink Slips open the main stage proceedings at 11 in the morning.

So Download Festival have released the stage times for all bands next weekend, and Guns will be closing out the Saturday starting at 19:20 and going until 22:50.

Black Stone Cherry as their warm up will be on from 17:20 to 18:30.

Little tidbit, Duff's daughter Grace and her band The Pink Slips open the main stage proceedings at 11 in the morning.

Have I got this wrong but isn't download streamed ? I know even if it is then GNR probably won't be shown.

11am ? That's a tough slot.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Have I got this wrong but isn't download streamed ? I know even if it is then GNR probably won't be shown.

11am ? That's a tough slot.

No it isn't streamed live, Sky Arts have the rights and show select highlights of bands who perform on the main and second stages. It is known they are to air these starting on June 29th.

The Pink Slips are a very bland outfit altogether IMO, they are opening GnR day in Belgium also.

Another date's been added to their run later this year, they play South Africa on the 29th of November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,458 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Another date's been added to their run later this year, they play South Africa on the 29th of November.

Prob end up playing in the antarctica next

If Metallica can do it than surely they can

All and all its an unbelievable tour stretching almost 3 years. So happy i saw them on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

fin12 wrote: »
    Not as good as the original, sad that Scott died so young.

The problem with GnR now is the surprise and novelty of the reunion is wron off. Partly due to the fact we can view any song played at any city we want to with the click off a button.
    Also now they're in for more scrutiny.
    And let's face it Axl' s voice is shot.
    Unlike Slash and Duff who are techinaly more competent musicians now than they were 25yrs ago. Axl set the bar waaayy to high for himself all those years ago . Tbh I don't think there was another rock singer who left every fibre of their being behind them on the stage every night after a show from 87 to 93. One can argue Jagger, Rod Stewart, Ozzy, Bono even the great Robert Plant are still doing it but there's not one GnR song that is just sung without some form of vocal gymnastics going on. It had to take it's permanent toll some how.
    He struggled on the last verse of YCBM and the last verse of coma through out the reunion tour maybe thats why they were dropped for the start of this leg.
    In summary I suppose "slither" with 1993 Axl would of been epic beyond reason.
    But the 2018 Axl is the equivalent to expecting the Bomber Liston to stick back on the Kerry jersery and win the all Ireland for Kerry this year ....in his prime yes but not now. Because like every legendary footballer now in their mid fifties they're physically fecked after giving 110% in their prime years.
    So I'll stick to looking forward to u tube releases of legendary shows of Axl in his prime. I hope the fukher enjoys his retirement at the end of the year he deserves it ...living legend.

I'm more looking forward to Axl with AC/DC & Slash ft. Myles & The Conspirators now. Course 2019 could be problematic for Slash given that Alter Bridge will be starting on their 6th studio album at the beginning of the year..

I'm more looking forward to Axl with AC/DC & Slash ft. Myles & The Conspirators now. Course 2019 could be problematic for Slash given that Alter Bridge will be starting on their 6th studio album at the beginning of the year..

AXL⚡DC would suit his range now better . Slash will be fine he's so marketable he could sell snow to the Eskimos
    It's a sort of worrying that the rock gods today are the same rock gods we had 25 years ago. Just a thought.

AXL⚡DC would suit his range now better . Slash will be fine he's so marketable he could sell snow to the Eskimos
    It's a sort of worrying that the rock gods today are the same rock gods we had 25 years ago. Just a thought.

There are some new gods out there, just go looking, albeit not at the level of those from days gone by, but that's because things changed massively in 25 years...

It seems axl was way way better than In Berlin. They sang shadow of your love live and axl sounded great on it.

Well he usually takes a few shows to get going proper.

Also loving the color of the Gibson Slash uses for Slither.

Played for nearly 3 hours at Donington so didn't use all the allotted time given, saw a stream of Slither still needs work :pac:

Well the current drummer for GNR was hopefully watching the the song ISE being played last night and might realise how it is meant to be played.

Frank plays Easy just fine, funny how he didn't seem to get much scrutiny in the years prior to Slash & Duff coming back.

• Advertisement

Prob because nobody gave a fiddlers about GnR untill Slash and Duff re joined... drums need more cowbell ::D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Frank plays Easy just fine, funny how he didn't seem to get much scrutiny in the years prior to Slash & Duff coming back.

Funny how GNR weren't within an asses roar of big stadiums between Slash and Duff leaving and re-joining.

I've nothing against Frank though

He plays it fine drumwise it's just he plays it way to fast.

Mushy wrote: »
    Funny how GNR weren't within an asses roar of big stadiums between Slash and Duff leaving and re-joining.

I've nothing against Frank though

Touché :pac:

He plays it fine drumwise it's just he plays it way to fast.

It sounds all the same to me, then again it sounds like he's playing it exactly as it sounds on Appetite here, from Download last weekend..

Fair enough lithium. I not saying he's playing the drum parts right. It's just the speed that I feel is way faster than before.

Also, I've seen Steven Adler from Argentina playing YCBM and his version of the intro is interesting. I assumed matt sorum just played Stevens parts on the album, but it seems not to be the case.

Fair enough lithium. I not saying he's playing the drum parts right. It's just the speed that I feel is way faster than before.

Also, I've seen Steven Adler from Argentina playing YCBM and his version of the intro is interesting. I assumed matt sorum just played Stevens parts on the album, but it seems not to be the case.

Guess we'll agree to disagree on Frank and his drumming speed.

As for YCBM, that's all Sorum, only track Adler contributed to on Illusions was Civil War, but that's an already well established fact.

Guess we'll agree to disagree on Frank and his drumming speed.

As for YCBM, that's all Sorum, only track Adler contributed to on Illusions was Civil War, but that's an already well established fact.

Lithium, there is no disagreement. I think he plays the drums fine but it's the speed he plays at.

Well, YCBM was written before sorum came on board. It's in the appetite notes and Adler only played on civil war but he wrote the drum parts for a lot of the songs on UYI.

Lithium, there is no disagreement. I think he plays the drums fine but it's the speed he plays at.

Well, YCBM was written before sorum came on board. It's in the appetite notes and Adler only played on civil war but he wrote the drum parts for a lot of the songs on UYI.

Well I'm sure someone who's played/plays drums would be able to chip in and sort out the Frank & speed at which he plays debate..

I'm well aware of You Could Be Mine being written well before Sorum joined the band, as for Adler, he only contributed to Civil War, as for writing the drum parts for a lot of the Illusions, that's just wrong, according to both albums liner notes.. No mention of Adler bar Civil War, so I don't know where you pulled Adler writing the drum parts for the albums from..

• Advertisement

Everyone in the band and some of the crew bar Axl appears in the following video discussing their Jerry Harvey in ear monitors...

Advertisement