Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

been thinking about Slane recently.  Definitely the best gig I have ever been to.  Such a massive sound. I've never heard live guitar sound as good as Slash that night. Absolute joy. Need to see them again on this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Has anyone downloaded the album with the download card which came with the vinyl?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

https://roadrunnerrecords.lnk.to/livingthedream

New Slash ft MK album out in Sept., if it hasn't been mentioned before.

Please Jesus, give us an Olympia show to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Not the olympia!!! Noooooo. Kip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Really!?!? Hands down my favourite venue by a mile in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Cool interview by eddie trunk with Slash post recent euro leg

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6reto1

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Really!?!? Hands down my favourite venue by a mile in Ireland.
    Cool interview by eddie trunk with Slash post recent euro leg

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6reto1

There's a thread for Slash ft. Myles & The Conspirators, to keep it separate from the GN'R thread.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    There's a thread for Slash ft. Myles & The Conspirators, to keep it separate from the GN'R thread.

Eh lad a lot of that interview was about the recent renuion tour unless you want me to only post the sections where Slash talks about GnR and nothing else
    FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

With the NITL tour ending in Nov (well rumoured too) will we get an in-depth Doc on the reunion and how it came about, evolving on tour etc. The tour is all about $$$ so it's prob in the pipeline

PTH2009 wrote: »
    With the NITL tour ending in Nov (well rumoured too) will we get an in-depth Doc on the reunion and how it came about, evolving on tour etc. The tour is all about $$$ so it's prob in the pipeline

Well it's ending until sometime 2019 any ways, what with Slash doing his own thing, Axl presumably occupied with AC/DC..

As for getting anything from GN'R, to be honest you've more chances of winning the Lotto or Euromillions.

• Advertisement

Chinese Democracy has been pulled from Spotify..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

What might that mean?

What might that mean?

With this dysfunctional band, who bloody knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,011 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

With this dysfunctional band, who bloody knows.

Someone in team Brazil probably saw a negative comment about them and pulled it. How the hell that crowd got into the head of axl rose and are living off guns n roses I'll never know. Also some people putting videos up on YouTube about GNR have had their videos removed and have alledgedly been treatened by someone claiming to be acting on GNR/ the housekeeper which if true is clearly not acceptable. Now in a normal band run properly there would be a statement saying they aren't but in this dog and pony show I've seen no such statement. Cowboys ted cowboys.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Someone in team Brazil probably saw a negative comment about them and pulled it. How the hell that crowd got into the head of axl rose and are living off guns n roses I'll never know. Also some people putting videos up on YouTube about GNR have had their videos removed and have alledgedly been treatened by someone claiming to be acting on GNR/ the housekeeper which if true is clearly not acceptable. Now in a normal band run properly there would be a statement saying they aren't but in this dog and pony show I've seen no such statement. Cowboys ted cowboys.

There's a whole thread on MYGNR about that. Honestly **** this band.

There's a whole thread on MYGNR about that. Honestly **** this band.

Yeah I had seen the videos being nuked and saw the talk on that forum but never made the connection for some reason. I listened to a podcast that had one of the guys who's family was treatened. That **** is not okay. But the band is pissed about people puttting stuff up on YouTube yet they could make a killing on releasing what ever they have in "the vault" that they won't release. The "management" and I'm using that term very loosely are minted yet could be even more wealthy. Although getting control of axl and the band must have been very easy. So Stephanie Seymour is the nwo of GNR without knowing it.

So will that GNR central guy on YouTube be affected by this ???

Are they actually going to release an offical recording of a show ???

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So will that GNR central guy on YouTube be affected by this ???

He just does news and interviews with people who've had some kind of involvement with Guns over the years, what's going on has more to do with concert bootlegs being uploaded/fan channels being shut down on YouTube.

I'd normally go to the pub on a Friday night but I've a family engagement tomorrow so decided not to. I realise that's unnecessary context, but I decided to listen to the VR back catalogue for the first time in ages. Fall to pieces is such a good song. I mean imagine Axl instead of Scott singing on that song ? I'm glad Scott Weiland was the original singer on Slither though. A lot of the songs on Contraband are just good rock songs. Libertad(which I bought on the day it was released) seemed like a band that was too comfortable with each other. The songs reflect that in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Maybe they were getting rid of clutter?

• Advertisement

I thought the NITL tour was over but no another leg is starting today hitting a few Asian countries/South Africa/Mexico and Hawaii

Guess the $$ train keeps on rolling

I'll just leave this here
    Don't have any background info just poped up on Twitter but it's fun

https://t.co/5jzP1NJ8dw

I saw that clip and it's poor when fans get excited over an appearance of the lead singer of a band you like in a cartoon simply because nothing else is happening music wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I saw that clip and it's poor when fans get excited over an appearance of the lead singer of a band you like in a cartoon simply because nothing else is happening music wise.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I'd normally go to the pub on a Friday night but I've a family engagement tomorrow so decided not to. I realise that's unnecessary context, but I decided to listen to the VR back catalogue for the first time in ages. Fall to pieces is such a good song. I mean imagine Axl instead of Scott singing on that song ? I'm glad Scott Weiland was the original singer on Slither though. A lot of the songs on Contraband are just good rock songs. Libertad(which I bought on the day it was released) seemed like a band that was too comfortable with each other. The songs reflect that in my opinion.

Ya those two songs are my favorite velvet revolver songs. I think Axl sang slither at the Slane concert or I watched it on YouTube. Prefer Scot singing it.

I think there’s a song loving the Alien on contraband, not bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Axl was terrible singing Slither. The man's voice is gone.

Axl looked like a woman in that photo of him and Mickey Rourke.

fin12 wrote: »
    Axl looked like a woman in that photo of him and Mickey Rourke.

They both looked like women, for seriously loaded guys, you'd think they'd invest in stylists..

• Advertisement

They both looked like women, for seriously loaded guys, you'd think they'd invest in stylists..

I think it’s more to do with their faces and botched plastic surgery.

Advertisement