Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Chinese Democracy took over a decade to make. Too long for silly delay excuses to wash. It has been over 3 years since Chinese Democracy was released. Where is the follow up? Thought they had enough material for 2 albums? And really they should have had enough material for half a dozen.
    Whether you like his solo stuff or not look at how many albums Izzy has released. Duff & Slash managed more on their own too.

I agree there should be at least word on another album but we all know Axl likes to do things his way and nobody elses. I'm simply willing to give them a chance to show what they can do on a studio album before making a judgement on them properly. I hope we get something new just like most others.
    Myles Kennedy >>>> W. Axl Rose!

That is all!

LOL
    Bluefoam wrote: »
    How would Axl prevent it? Obviously they couldn't call themselves Guns N'Roses, but they could tour under something like "original members of Guns N'Roses"

Technically, none of them are originals ;) "Former members of Guns N' Roses and some crap singer" would be more accurate :D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

****ing awesome,don't think Adler could smile any wider.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Do you really think Axl and Slash will bury the hatchet after all this time? Doubt it....

I'm just saying that if Axl had of arranged to speak to Slash before the ceremony then they might have been able to sit down in private and have a discussion. I don't believe (other than the incident in Slash's book) that Slash and Axl have even talked to each other in about 20 years outside pre approved court statements...I think they've probably forgot, deep down, what they're actually fighting about.

Its like the Gallagher Brothers, the Eagles, David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen, Jerry Lawler and Vince McMahon (yeah, I know) or those blokes from the Likely Lads...sooner or later they'll realize that what they created together is far more important then the **** he or he might have said

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Have to say that Matt Sorum made a right tit of himself with that speech-he went on for longer than the rest put together and we all now how irreplaceable drummers are :rolleyes:

Have to say that Matt Sorum made a right tit of himself with that speech-he went on for longer than the rest put together and we all now how irreplaceable drummers are :rolleyes:

And everyone expected Adler to waffle on and gush about the old days. Turned out that his speech was short,sweet and to the point and one of the best of the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Axl has apologised to Cleveland for not showing up. I'm not sure how he came to the conclusion that there was an 'overwhelmingly positive response and public support for my decision' but who knows how his mind works these days...

"To: Cleveland, Ohio, Guns N' Roses Fans and everyone who's shown support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

I seriously didn't plan on or expect the overwhelmingly positive response and public support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. With such a generous outpouring of solidarity from fans, media outlets, writers and other artists, I'm truly humbled, blown away and unbelievably relieved! To be honest, I thought it would go the other way and was just hoping to weather the storm. As I said, I sincerely didn't want to disappoint anyone. It gets old being the outlaw even if "it's only rock and roll".

It took a lot of focus and soul searching to be sincere and informative while making a genuine effort to be somewhat diplomatic. We made, what I feel, are real efforts to learn about the Hall and the Board, spoke as I said with the president and various members, and though I inducted Elton John and Bernie Taupin in '94 saying something to the effect of "I'm learning what the Hall's about..."

I still don't exactly know or understand what the Hall is or how or why it makes money, where the money goes, who chooses the voters and why anyone or this board decides who, out of all the artists in the world that have contributed to this genre, officially "rock" enough to be in the Hall?

This isn't an attack. These are genuine issues I don't have enough verified information on to have more than rough ideas. Certainly not enough information to make any judgments about.

I would like to apologize to Cleveland, Ohio for not apologizing to them beforehand for not attending [the ceremony] in their city. I think they know how much I genuinely love performing there. Cleveland does in fact Rock!!

Now that the smoke's cleared a little, any desperate, misguided attacks have been just that, a pathetic stab at gossip, some lame vindictiveness, the usual entitlement crap, he's obsessed, crazy, volatile, a hater. I once bought a homeless woman a slice of pizza who yelled at me she wanted soup. We got her the soup. You can get your own.

Again: HUGE thanks to the fans and to everyone for the incredible public support. My congratulations to the other artists inducted. And my apologies to the city and people of Cleveland, Ohio. I hope you'll forgive me and we hope to see you again soon!

Keep Rockin',

Axl

Unlike my open letter to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It May Concern this was written for GNR's official website, Facebook account and my personal twitter account and not intended as a press release. If anyone does choose to pick this up as has been done previously I'd appreciate if you'd run in full including this paragraph so as not to give a partial picture, have things taken out of context or to imply or inadvertently give the impression this was intended for other outlets.

Thanks in advance. Peace-"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-apologizes-to-cleveland-for-hall-of-fame-snub-20120417

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

And Matt Sorum has issued a statement about the whole thing, despite claiming 24 hours earlier that he wouldn't be making any more comments on the subject. He 'clarified' his joke about Steven Adler being fired from the band.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/04/matt-sorum-on-guns-n-roses-hall-of-fame-induction.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Former members of Guns N' Roses and some crap singer" would be more accurate :D:pac:

LOL
    Now that the smoke's cleared a little, any desperate, misguided attacks have been just that, a pathetic stab at gossip, some lame vindictiveness, the usual entitlement crap, he's obsessed, crazy, volatile, a hater. I once bought a homeless woman a slice of pizza who yelled at me she wanted soup. We got her the soup. You can get your own.

1) wHAT THE F*CK IS THIS CHAP ON?!
    2) Can I have some?

also Axl saying he is "humbled" has to be one of the best oxymoronic statements going! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

LOL

2) Can I have some?

also Axl saying he is "humbled" has to be one of the best oxymoronic statements going! :pac:

Axl is so far removed from reality it's almost hilarious beyond belief. :D

LOL

2) Can I have some?

<snip> double post - sorry

• Advertisement

FAO Slash fans with Sky Arts tv station.

The Ronnie Wood show at 21.00 tonight features Slash.

At 22.00 they're showing his "Live in Stoke" show that was released on DVD recently. It was filmed on his last tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

lord lucan wrote: »
    At 22.00 they're showing his "Live in Stoke" show that was released on DVD recently. It was filmed on his last tour.

Thanks, gonna tape this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Only 4 weeks left til D Day lol

Will the show be successful

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Only 4 weeks left til D Day lol

Will the show be successful

That solely depends on Mr(s) Rose's mood on the night.

Missed it. :mad:

Was it any good???

Was it any good???

A bit meh tbh. It's basically a radio show filmed for tv. More about Wood reminiscing about the old days and various acts than insightful conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This brings back some memories hopefully On the 18th May 2012 this show will be wipped from our minds.

If something similar happens this year Guns N Roses will never play ireland again

This brings back some memories hopefully On the 18th May 2012 this show will be wipped from our minds.

If something similar happens this year Guns N Roses will never play ireland again

What's this? Can't view it on my pc. Is it from Slane 1992?

EDIT: I can't believe the muppets at MCD had the b***s to invite him/them back after what happened last time....?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Ian the bassist

I remember when what I called "axl rose and his hired goons" came to Dublin last year(or the year before, whenever it was) I went to the o2 to bombard the crowd with free promo cds of my then band(now ex band). If I had of known that most of my cds would end up as projectiles for Axls face. Well. I still would have gone and handed them out ;P (I don't think anyone deserves to have anything thrown at them. But axl rose is the biggest backstabber and c.u.n.t in rock n roll lol)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

I remember when what I called "axl rose and his hired goons" came to Dublin last year(or the year before, whenever it was) I went to the o2 to bombard the crowd with free promo cds of my then band(now ex band). If I had of known that most of my cds would end up as projectiles for Axls face. Well. I still would have gone and handed them out ;P (I don't think anyone deserves to have anything thrown at them. But axl rose is the biggest backstabber and c.u.n.t in rock n roll lol)

One of two things happened here.

1. You bought a ticket to the show and handed out your CDs in the audience. So maybe your CDs were thrown at Axl, but in buying a ticket you contributed to Axl's pay cheque.

2. You didn't buy a ticket for the show and handed out your CDs outside the venue. If this is the case, my guess is the bulk of your CDs ended up on the ground outside the O2 or in the bins in the foyer of the O2. Who wants to carry around a CD by some nobodies when they're going to a gig? You're CDs never made it into the arena.

Either way you wasted money and time producing and distributing a bunch of CDs that nobody ever listened to and which are currently decaying in landfill some place. Good job.

One of two things happened here.

1. You bought a ticket to the show and handed out your CDs in the audience. So maybe your CDs were thrown at Axl, but in buying a ticket you contributed to Axl's pay cheque.

2. You didn't buy a ticket for the show and handed out your CDs outside the venue. If this is the case, my guess is the bulk of your CDs ended up on the ground outside the O2 or in the bins in the foyer of the O2. Who wants to carry around a CD by some nobodies when they're going to a gig? You're CDs never made it into the arena.

Either way you wasted money and time producing and distributing a bunch of CDs that nobody ever listened to and which are currently decaying in landfill some place. Good job.

Wow. Somebody loves to troll. If you were in a band. You'd understand. I handed them out outside the arena. So no ticket was bought. They were copied cds with stickers put on them. I'd be happy if one person listened to the cd.(which I know happened, since people used to always join post on our facebook after a big gig) It would be worth the hours of burning cd's and putting the stickers on each one(cost me hardly any money, just time) for just for one extra fan. You won't upset me with your negativity. Now go do something productive troll :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Wow. Somebody loves to troll. If you were in a band. You'd understand. I handed them out outside the arena. So no ticket was bought. They were copied cds with stickers put on them. I'd be happy if one person listened to the cd.(which I know happened, since people used to always join post on our facebook after a big gig) It would be worth the hours of burning cd's and putting the stickers on each one(cost me hardly any money, just time) for just for one extra fan. You won't upset me with your negativity. Now go do something productive troll :)
    In fairness, he's right. The majority of them probably got dumped. You might have better luck if you try it after the gig's as people would be less likely to throw it away then. Not many people will want to carry it around with them for the duration of the show. Afterwards, the majority are going home.

Either way, fair play for trying to get your name out there in some way :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

..."axl rose and his hired goons"...If I had of known that most of my cds would end up as projectiles for Axls face. Well. I still would have gone and handed them out ;P ...axl rose is the biggest backstabber and c.u.n.t in rock n roll lol)
    You won't upset me with your negativity.
    Wow. Somebody loves to troll.

Somebody certainly does.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    In fairness, he's right. The majority of them probably got dumped. You might have better luck if you try it after the gig's as people would be less likely to throw it away then. Not many people will want to carry it around with them for the duration of the show. Afterwards, the majority are going home.

Either way, fair play for trying to get your name out there in some way :cool:

I'm a realistic guy. I know alot of them got dumped. But I always approached with kindness and most people would feel inclined to take them.(I didn't usally hand out cds. But flyers for gigs, which rarely got thrown away) I found after a gig isn't as good.

As everyone are rushing to get out and you won't get many people taking them. I used to always do it at rock bars before our gigs as well with the flyers. It gets people familiar with your band.

I went to loads of gigs to hand out flyers and it was worth it. Must have gotten a fair few heads to gigs because of it. Also a tip. If you are in a band. In my experience. I wasn't outside any gig bar maybe 1 or 2(went to about 20 or more to hand out flyers) where I wasn't offered a free or else DIRT cheap ticket to the gig. FACT

Somebody certainly does.

It's my opinion the only person I was insulting was Axl. I didn't insult you. I simply stated what you were doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭listenup

bunch of low life morons ruined that gig I hope the security up te front is doing its job this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Thanks for posting, that's a good read. Here's an interview with Richard Fortus. It seems they have been recording and could release an album "in the fall". Knowing GNR it'll prolly be fall 2020 though, if not later than that :pac:

Fortus Interview
    I’ll be out with Guns in May, June and July and then we have to finish up some more recording and hopefully get the record out and be on tour in the fall in the States I’m hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

It's my opinion the only person I was insulting was Axl. I didn't insult you. I simply stated what you were doing.

Wrong. You've also insulted fans of Axl and GNR by suggesting that having items thrown at the stage was a good thing.

Advertisement