Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

here are some of my own pics from last night. Ashba spent most of his time over my were i was so got a ton of him.

11740_10150825599173946_602943945_9870002_1026845841_n.jpg

560029_10150825600323946_602943945_9870018_1244987514_n.jpg

542189_10150825603608946_602943945_9870058_1911719531_n.jpg

558474_10150825608448946_602943945_9870108_1430380046_n.jpg

546083_10150825616753946_602943945_9870149_962715245_n.jpg

522192_10150825619308946_602943945_9870158_1934002789_n.jpg

581289_10150825623288946_602943945_9870175_1550605392_n.jpg
    521514_10150825629598946_602943945_9870204_205278498_n.jpg

527578_10150825630888946_602943945_9870211_995765299_n.jpg
    551151_10150825634223946_602943945_9870228_449037901_n.jpg
    182303_10150825636253946_602943945_9870237_52519310_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Wowzers, nice snaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Motorist wrote: »
    Or in American football where they change teams depending on the play. If he did exercise once a week, it would be far superior.

Very common in NFL,

10725806.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

LOL. I ended up going to the gig.

Caution:

You are now entering a credibility-free zone.

wow those guys who replaced the old GNR look like something from a horror show!

Axl would have more respect if he had of more than a single album since 1994.
    If he had 10 out by now then people wouldnt have such a hard time seeing his band as GNR. Or if they released just one album that was magically better than or as good as Appetite for Destruction then they would have respect.

Its really Axl N`Friends

Dont get me wrong, I saw them in 2006 and thought they were brilliant and I enjoyed reading everyones reviews of the gig, I just wish we had some more albums !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Hope you stood up when Lizzy told you to :D

I always stand for Lizzy, well the Thin one anyway. Got tickets for the Olympia gig in December. No one will ever replace Phil but this line up put on a great show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Have to admit I passed this up. Blame the nonce wearing adidas socks as arm warmers where does he shop for his rock n roll accesories, Roen? He is the one guy who really drives home the fact it just ain't g n r

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Have to admit I passed this up. Blame the nonce wearing adidas socks as arm warmers where does he shop for his rock n roll accesories, Roen? He is the one guy who really drives home the fact it just ain't g n r

He has his own line of "stage clothes"

I noticed when I had a look at his facebook with the Kilmainham jail photo
    most of his photos are advertisements for his brand with links underneath the photos to an online shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Wowzers, nice snaps
    The last pic looks like one of the bad guys from superman 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'm not sure if Ireland will have access to it or how this will work, but GNR at the 02 in London on the 31st will be streamed (Pro Shot Monitor Feed Mix) by AEG Events in the US - http://livebeats.com/event298 - cost is just $5 according to our US friends on HTGTH

If I can't get access to it before the show, then you can be damn sure there will be access to it after, just like with The Joint and LA Forum shows last year - of which I've already got both

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

but GNR at the 02 in London on the 31st will be streamed (Pro Shot Monitor Feed Mix) by AEG Events in the US[/QUOTE]

What time does it start at?

ozzy jr wrote: »
    What time does it start at?

I don't know, I'd imagine they do a pre show from 9pm and GNR normally hit the stage for the last few dates around 10.20ish...so I don't think you'll get Thin Lizzy's set included, sadly.

This is all GMT btw

Again, not sure if this is just US, and therefore European computers have no access

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I

Again, not sure if this is just US, and therefore European computers have no access

Easy to get around that with a VPN if it is restricted to US IP addresses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

He has his own line of "stage clothes"

I noticed when I had a look at his facebook with the Kilmainham jail photo
    most of his photos are advertisements for his brand with links underneath the photos to an online shop.

DJ Ashba never wastes an opportunity to use GNR to promote his own interests - Ashba Swag or whatever he calls it. The guy is a total steamer.

Easy to get around that with a VPN if it is restricted to US IP addresses

True, although I'm more interested in getting the download of it once the show has ended

Times have just gone up and the description looks a lot better, apparently it will be live between 19.30GMT and 23.30GMT +1 on May 31st but you'd have a better chance of the Sun not rising tomorrow then GNR taking to the stage at half eight in London

Price is $5 and looks as if you can access it in the UK....this is a steal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

True, although I'm more interested in getting the download of it once the show has ended

Times have just gone up and the description looks a lot better, apparently it will be live between 19.30GMT and 23.30GMT +1 on May 31st but you'd have a better chance of the Sun not rising tomorrow then GNR taking to the stage at half eight in London

Price is $5 and looks as if you can access it in the UK....this is a steal

I'm sure it'll end up on Youtube. And there's loads of software out there to extract audio from Youtube. I use Audio Hijack on my Mac and that does the job quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Nottingham gig tonight, they didn't come on till 11. Judging from twitter the crowd got ugly

Nottingham gig tonight, they didn't come on till 11. Judging from twitter the crowd got ugly

Actually it was Liverpool. Stopped the show during Jungle because of stuff being thrown. Show didn't end til near 2am

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

TheGimp wrote: »
    Actually it was Liverpool. Stopped the show during Jungle because of stuff being thrown. Show didn't end til near 2am

Sounds familiar..........are we in Dublin of 2010??:D:p

That doesn't sound great, I've to see them on Wednesday again, so I hope that we don't get a similar situation....maybe Newcastle will be more forgiving, or Axl will treat himself to a nice nap

• Advertisement

Jarmo put up a few photos from Dublin, he's the guy who runs HTGTH (and is a strange person himself truth be told who has some bizarre connection with Guns N' Roses), so I didn't know that he was with the band on this latest run

He also must have had access to the stage to take some of these shots

7234543552_34006986f9.jpg
    7234543772_08240524ab.jpg
    7234543326_0bcee17958.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

This won't have done much to help his bruising from Moscow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Very common in NFL,

10725806.jpg

I actually thought that was Axl for a second when I saw it first. I reckon that's what he will look like in another ten years.

How ironic is it that Axl, the man who was clean while the rest of them were banging up and drinking like there was no tomorrow, should end up looking the worst out of all of them. And that includes Steven Adler, a man who had a mini-stroke.

Jarmo put up a few photos from Dublin, he's the guy who runs HTGTH (and is a strange person himself truth be told who has some bizarre connection with Guns N' Roses), so I didn't know that he was with the band on this latest run

/Jarmo is part of the GNR "camp", they pay the server costs for his GNR forum, allow him to travel with them on their tours, go backstage etc in return for his Nazi moderating of HTGTH in which he will allow no criticism of the current band, backs them up no matter what Axl does and actively encourages and promotes Axl's revised history of the band especially anything that can be used to criticise Slash and portray him as "a cancer".

It would be funny if it wasn't so cult like and creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭RayCon

:D @ quotes on Youtube

"Be safe" - walks backwards into a pit ...
    lord lucan wrote: »
    This won't have done much to help his bruising from Moscow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Very common in NFL,

10725806.jpg

I actually thought that was Axl for a second when I saw it first. I reckon that's what he will look like in another ten years.

How ironic is it that Axl, the man who was clean while the rest of them were banging up and drinking like there was no tomorrow, should end up looking the worst out of all of them. And that includes Steven Adler, a man who had a mini-stroke.
    Axle was as bad as any of them, he nearly killed himself by OD on more than one occasion + Adlers stroke was pretty full on... don't believe Axls version of the past, where he was an angel and everyone else was a **** up.

But I agree, that the rest of the band are all moving on in really good directions, while Axl is stuck in the past, with a second tier band and no new material.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Axle was as bad as any of them, he nearly killed himself by OD on more than one occasion + Adlers stroke was pretty full on... don't believe Axls version of the past, where he was an angel and everyone else was a **** up.

But I agree, that the rest of the band are all moving on in really good directions, while Axl is stuck in the past, with a second tier band and no new material.

I know Axl did some hard stuff in the early days but he was pretty much cleaned up by 1990. And his exercise regime was quite obsessive I believe, especially when they started recording the UYI albums. I'm just pointing out that he has really let himself go, for a man who looked incredibly healthy back in the day.

And I would never fall for his version of the past. Ever!

I was at the Newcastle date last night. I'd go so far as to say it was better then the Dublin show. Band hit the stage about 10.40pm and played until almost 2am - at which point I was taken to VIP (alongside all these models, it was about 98% Women backstage and there was no free anything, it was an empty room and we were made to wait for an hour) and nobody showed up, other than Bumblefoot (much praise), who people were delighted to see.

Thin Lizzy: Played for about an hour. That song that the keyboardist sang in Dublin was scrapped completely and they played 'Black Rose' too at one point. Richard Fortus came out to a smattering of appaulse (literally one person cheered) to play on 'Don't Believe A Word' but he did nothing other than stand at the back next to the drumkit. TL played from about 8.30pm until 9.40ish - there was supposed to be a third band (before TL) and I know a third band soundchecked...but I didn't see them as I was too busy out back.

Guns N' Roses: Axl spent a lot of the set talking about the fact that he also has a fractured shoulder, as well as the leg, because he went for an MRI in Newcastle and they gave him the bad news. The band soundchecked There Was A Time (with BF on vocals) but didn't perform it that night for whatever reason. The band had also spent about 2 full days in Newcastle before this gig and it was Fernando's birthday last night at the hotel. Estranged was played a lot earlier than in Dublin and we pretty much got the same setlist except Bumblefoot sang one of his solo songs too.

I have pictures, loads in fact, which I have to upload once I find the lead from my ancient camera...so I'll put them here. I also got to interview Bumblefoot so you'll get that audio soon.

/Jarmo is part of the GNR "camp", they pay the server costs for his GNR forum, allow him to travel with them on their tours, go backstage etc in return for his Nazi moderating of HTGTH

I know. I met him on Wednesday. Seemed like a quiet bloke though, hardly said two words to me. Just smiled politely. I look forward to being kicked off his website soon enough lol

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=810160144&ref=tn_tnmn#!/media/set/?set=a.10151813850705145.865240.810160144&type=3

My photos are on public so feel free to have a look - from Newcastle

• Advertisement

This is in the third person

YRadio.co.uk Presenter/Press Officer Wayne Madden got the oppurtunity to speak exclusively with Bumblefoot at Wednesday's Guns N' Roses performance at the Newcastle Metro Radio Arena. Being such a big GNR fan, Wayne has put together a special GNR show in which tracks from both Chinese Democracy and the band members solo projects are played alongside the full, unedited, interview with Ron (about 40 minutes in)

http://www.yradio.co.uk/dj-graveyard.php

In this Graveyard Shift Special, Wayne examines Guns N' Roses, and the eight individuals who make up that band. Obviously obsessed with the fact that the band are touring in the UK and Europe this Summer, Wayne reports live from Guns N Roses @ Newcastle with a special exclusive interview with Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal. Remember to follow Wayne on Twitter at @WayneMadden

http://www.yradio.co.uk/shows/graveyard-25052012.php

Advertisement