Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

56ff85533c457_ScreenShot2016-04-02at4.39.22AM.png.2b621ee247002e1bd006895f7c47c5ea.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Just trying to hear some post-gig reaction on some Periscope feed. The guy talking said Axl was doing band introductions and when it came to Slash he said 'this guy needs no introduction but I'm gonna give him one anyway'....you can imagine what kind of a response that got!

Did Adler make an appearance??

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Am guessing it was filmed professionally for release later, maybe a documentary of some kind to show the steps in the reunion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Only slept 2 hours last night don't knw if it's the excitement of this, wrestlemania or the snacks I had at 3am lol.

From the very brief sound clips axl sounds way better than the cd tour and looks great too. Can't wait til/if the tour hits Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Did Adler make an appearance??

No mention of him but that doesn't mean he wasn't there watching it.

All in all that was a really historic night for Guns. A reunion that I didn't expect to happen for a long time, if at all. Yeah would have been nice to see Izzy and Steve on stage but plenty of time for that.

Time to get on board the Nightrain again folks..whoo-hoooooo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Red King wrote: »
    Axl and Slash hugged after Paradise City

Wait a minute...

So prayers do get answered? Awesome news!

For those of you wondering about Izzy and Adler.

Izzy said on twitter that he wasn't involved in the April GNR shows at this point in time. Interesting wording. He has always hated big scale tours. I can see him showing up for a few shows when he feels like it.

Adler has been completely silent. Which is weird. He has been screaming about a reunion to anyone who will listen for years. His social media has been silent. He was supposed to be playing a gig last night at the Whiskey but it got cancelled.

Someone bumped into his Adler bandmates at the GNR gig and they said Adler was there. Someone else said that Adler is injured and was supposed to play.

Given his total silence I would say he is in but there has been a hitch and he will show up at a later date

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Vertigo100 wrote: »

sheeeeeeit that voice would send a shiver up your spine, was praying that this gig would go off well, i know the covers are classic songs but G 'n R have enough of their own Civil War/Dont Cry/Patence they could have played instead? very decent setlist, good to see they put in Nightrain and My Michelle, and Chinese Democracy (a way better song live to the album version) am sure Slash had input back in the day but be interesting to see if he adds any more to it!!

super thrilled now, we're heading to Vegas Tuesday, T-Mobile arena Friday:D:D:D
    gimme that setlist and half a dozen more numbers and i'll be a very happy man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Axl and Slash hugged after Paradise City

Any video of this?

Not yet. People at the gig said that their interaction seemed very friendly and genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

16 songs, will more be added come tour time?

Mushy wrote: »

Loads more, this was only a short warm up gig.

You are guaranteed November Rain which wasn't played and I'd say a very good chance of Estranged, Civil War, Don't Cry and a couple of others.

For comparison this was the last gig they played prior to this.

1)Chinese Democracy

2)Welcome to the Jungle

3)It's So Easy

4)Mr. Brownstone

5)Estranged

6)There Was a Time

7)Better

8)Rocket Queen

9)Richard Fortus Guitar Solo

10)Live and Let Die

11)This I Love

12)Holidays in the Sun
    (Sex Pistols cover) (Tommy Stinson on lead vocals, with band introductions)

13)Catcher in the Rye

14)You Could Be Mine

15)DJ Ashba Guitar Solo
    (La Bella Vita)

16)Sweet Child O' Mine

17)November Rain

18)Abnormal
    (Bumblefoot cover) (Dedicated to the Guns N' Roses crew)

19)Don't Cry

20)Yesterdays

21)Used to Love Her

22)Civil War

23)Knockin' on Heaven's Door

24)Nightrain

Encore:

25)Patience

26)The Seeker
    (The Who cover)

27) Paradise City

evillive wrote: »

super thrilled now, we're heading to Vegas Tuesday, T-Mobile arena Friday:D:D:D
    gimme that setlist and half a dozen more numbers and i'll be a very happy man

Oh, man, that'll be the best thing ever. Like, the ACTUAL best thing ever!

So jealous!

Mushy wrote: »

Want some new ones now! Getting totally carried away.:D

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Want some new ones now! Getting totally carried away.:D

I added a setlist for their last gig prior to this to my above post. Give you a better idea of their usual setlists.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The howl out of Axl for Jungle....

Goosebumps...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I added a setlist for their last gig prior to this to my above post. Give you a better idea of their usual setlists.

I wasn't expecting that many, just enough to get an 18-20 song set. Mighty stuff!

During kohd axl talked about how the 3 of them havnt performed together in 23 years.

Axl was watching slash during his solos with admiration.

At the end they all bow to the crowd together

From someone at the gig

• Advertisement

Axl sounded off during parts of Paradise City but for the rest of the gig was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

He's 54 years old ffs. He's going to struggle

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The howl from Axl on Jungle, holy goosebumps batman :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The howl from Axl on Jungle, holy goosebumps batman :D

Congrats on posting pretty much the same post I did... :D

So the line up is Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Dizzy, Frank, Melissa Reese (Bryan "Brain" Mantia's) girlfriend.

He's 54 years old ffs. He's going to struggle

I know but people always give him ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

good stuff people but ya unfortunately the voice on PC just isn't there. That voice had a lot to do with the whole thing.

Give it a few shows, then Axl will (hopefully) be firing on all cylinders.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Was at least 3 official guys filming the whole lot so am sure they will release it at some stage or at the end of the american tour, also rumours of a gig at the whiskey tonight but doubt axls voice would be able for two in two days

• Advertisement

Was at least 3 official guys filming the whole lot so am sure they will release it at some stage or at the end of the american tour, also rumours of a gig at the whiskey tonight but doubt axls voice would be able for two in two days

Live CD/DVD coming "soon" :pac:..

Advertisement