Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Live CD/DVD coming "soon" :pac:..

Lets hope it doesnt take as long as the last CD :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That's the realist sounding Gnr I have heard since the late 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lets hope it doesnt take as long as the last CD :-P

Here's hoping.

CfBV4GZVIAAkhQ3.jpg-large.jpeg.e33689d264965eb15bd84fdcd4b7b282.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

Was reading some comments on Blabbermouth and someone said they played 'Better'.

• Advertisement

RayK0309 wrote: »
    Was reading some comments on Blabbermouth and someone said they played 'Better'.

Yeah they also played chinese democracy be interesting to see what slash does with them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

That's the realist sounding Gnr I have heard since the late 80s

Bigtime and it doesn't sound like Axl's voice has been fed through a Logic or some computer program and rerouted through the PA a la Axl & CO GNR..... :)

RayK0309 wrote: »

They did.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So Steven's band has cancelled it's gig the date is still there and the whisky are promising a big announcement but it doesn't say Steven has any involvement. I agree with Adler saying slash doesn't trust him to keep his mouth shut. It would be madness to have gnr back at the whisky thirty years after they played there.
    scudzilla wrote: »
    You really think they're going to play Coachella with no warm ups? I reckon they'll be a couple of nights at The Whiskey
    Isn't that what the 2 Vegas shows early next month are for.
    Any Vegas shows are BIG, they're charging big money for people to see them there, they will use those shows to tidy up any production issues, i'd put money on them playing 1 maybe 2 unnannounced gigs at The Whiskey, or somewhere similar to get the band in check

Too busy doing the 'Scud was right' dance

Doesn't happen often but when it does it happens big :pac::pac::pac:

Alright, alright, alright, You were right :P

I tip my hat to you sir

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Great to see Axl,Slash and Duff on the same stage together but despite not being advertised as being the original 5 AFD line up I still felt a little underwhelmed with no Adler and Stradlin.

Gonna be an interesting few months ahead seeing what chemistry develops between the band and how Axls vocals hold up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lord lucan wrote: »
    Great to see Axl,Slash and Duff on the same stage together but despite not being advertised as being the original 5 AFD line up I still felt a little underwhelmed with no Adler and Stradlin.

Gonna be an interesting few months ahead seeing what chemistry develops between the band and how Axls vocals hold up.

Most definitely, did you ever see the original 5? Was lucky enough to catch them at Donington '88

Shame Adler and Izzy didn't join them, in Adler's case just to give him some closure

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Too busy doing the 'Scud was right' dance

Doesn't happen often but when it does it happens big :pac::pac::pac:

I didn't say it would be madness as in stupid. I meant madness considering their history with the building.

Most definitely, did you ever see the original 5? Was lucky enough to catch them at Donington '88

Sadly no,the UYI line up in '92 was as good as it got. Great day out but they had already become a circus act by then,backing singers,horn section,reggae segments is songs and about 15 wardrobe changes by Axl!

Thankfully all the time sapping solos have been reduced and it's down to one, the main one, Slash's take on The Godfather theme seguing into Sweet Child O' Mine..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Arrgh had to leave for work at 7:45 this morning just back in Internet land the last half hour and missed the party.
    From looking at the available clips they sounded great and yeah it's surreal seeing Axl and Slash back together something I've been waiting my whole adult life for.
    I know the main shows are the official reunion gigs but I doubt there'll be as much anticipation for them as there was for this show which was great and reading the various forums there was genuine excitement out there
    Of course the only thing that could top today would be the inclusion of the other two boyos then images of that lad from South Park in front of the computer spring to mind 😁😁😁
    I think the reason Axls voice held up so well according to reports and its been mentioned here before is that the small stage suits him better as he cant move around as much and saves his energy in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I think we can all agree that we could die happy seeing the original five on a small stage with the banner behind the drums launching into Its so Easy

7693_977960422252987_3466863817899807862_n.jpg?oh=3ea3a2f162e89b7e8bfcaae747123b7b&oe=57940984

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i hope its not a us exclusive thing and they never play in europe.

they would be missing out on the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ if they done that. it has worked for Van Halen and a few other bands

Croke Park next summer would be epic and the residents wont knw what hit them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i hope its not a us exclusive thing and they never play in europe.

they would be missing out on the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ if they done that. it has worked for Van Halen and a few other bands

Croke Park next summer would be epic and the residents wont knw what hit them :p

You might be surprised to hear this but Van Halen have played Europe around as many times as GnR the only thing being VH haven't given Europe a look in since 1995. GnR have done way more tours in Europe post 93 also than they have done before that.

How has it worked for VH? They're prob not big enough to headline a lot of major festivals at this stage to be honest, They'd definitely have a superior bank balance all the same...and who are these other bands I'd like to know who are keen on staying in US but decrease their earning potential if demand is there.

Why would Croke Park residents not know what hit them? They are used to a Slash outside their house any time there is an event there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Why would Croke Park residents not know what hit them? They are used to a Slash outside their house any time there is an event there.

I'd be more wary of Garth Brooks fans in pink cowboy hats than GNR fans!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ARjFgSjySA enjoy guys longest clip yet and sounds amazing

It does sound amazing..

It does sound amazing..

Guy who recorded it got kicked out apparently. It does end abruptly so must be some truth in it

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

U can forget ur dj ashbas, bucketheads, Chris Pittman's and the whole disaster which was the Chinese democracy era. The real gnr are back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    U can forget ur dj ashbas, bucketheads, Chris Pittman's and the whole disaster which was the Chinese democracy era. The real gnr are back

Nice Richie and Frankie are cool now they're rubbin shoulders with the man in the hat!

The Chinese Era wasn't that bad, sure it was frustrating as hell for the fans, but hardly a "disaster", the 2001-2006 line up could've been interesting/rivalled the classic line ups had Axl gotten his proverbial ducks in a row instead of dilly dallying.

• Advertisement

Only one annoyance with that clip of WTTJ,the drums don't suit the typical GN'R sound. Even Sorum would've sounded better but none have that Adler groove.

Advertisement