Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

PTH2009 wrote: »
    U can forget ur dj ashbas, bucketheads, Chris Pittman's and the whole disaster which was the Chinese democracy era. The real gnr are back

Chinese democracy is a great album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ARjFgSjySA enjoy guys longest clip yet and sounds amazing

no need for that chick playing keyboard :rolleyes:

also is there a need for dizzy reed to play the bongos in this clip

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Guys do u think they will come to Dublin or uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

If they're gonna play Chinese Democracy they should play Slither.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kaiser84

ush wrote: »
    If they're gonna play Chinese Democracy they should play Slither.

That's never gonna happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kaiser84

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Kaiser84 wrote: »

No need for the chick on keyboards. Dizzy should be just there. Axl sounds on fire though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

lord lucan wrote: »
    Only one annoyance with that clip of WTTJ,the drums don't suit the typical GN'R sound. Even Sorum would've sounded better but none have that Adler groove.

In total agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I loved GnR from '87 through to '93, was lucky enough to see the original line up at Donington and a few Use your Illusion gigs, since the mid 90's though i quickly went from love to just meh.
    Loved Slash and his projects, same goes for Duff but GnR, they just became a joke to me (even though i went with my wife to see them on their last visit here)

After this Troubador gig though my love is back, i'm soooo fcukin excited, shame Adler and Izzy aint involved in some way but i can live with that.

Played Appetite non stop all weekend and it's just getting me more worked up

Still think Axl's a tit though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

sugarman wrote: »
    Yeah, who the hell is she?

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/melissa-reese-guns-n-roses-keyboards/

Can't fathom what she brings to the guns table when dizzy is there already
    At the same time didn't Teddy zig zag also play keyboards along with dizzy on the illusions tour cant imagine the extra synth makes that much of a difference to the type of music GNR play... an extra guitar maybe but keyboards nah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Does Steven Adler still have his groove though? That stroke must have affected his playing somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Does Steven Adler still have his groove though? That stroke must have affected his playing somehow.

From last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Steven Adler never lost his groove, you either have it as a drummer or you don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

At the same time didn't Teddy zig zag also play keyboards along with dizzy on the illusions tour cant imagine the extra synth makes that much of a difference to the type of music GNR play... an extra guitar maybe but keyboards nah.

Doesn't Dizzy play more piano type stuff and the synth stuff played by yer one?

Doesn't Dizzy play more piano type stuff and the synth stuff played by yer one?

I suppose but surely one could do both its guns n roses not erasure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I don't know, maybe someone with a better knowledge can give a better answer but if you watch the KOHD from the Freddie Mercury gig, you can clearly hear both a piano (Dizzy) and some keys (Teddy) so they seem to need both for those type of songs. The E Street Band have both a keyboard player and a pianist too so it's not unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

They need another keyboard player for when dizzy is busy playing the bongos or waving a tambourine around!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I can see what she brings to the table...

Eye candy!

Had a watch of the Adler drum cam there, he sounds better than the drumming in the clips but I dunno - would Sorum be more capable?

Hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the introduction of a bloody keyboard was the beginning of the end for them the last time:D

• Advertisement

If the band sounded that tight for a surprise club show, they'll be firing on all cylinders by the time the summer tour rolls around..

That moment at about forty seconds in must have been such a sureal moment for fans when slash walked onto the troubadour stage with a GNR banner on the wall and Axl rose followed him.

Christ even thinking about it gives me chills.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So is the slash and the Myles Kennedy thing going to go under now that slash is back in his rightful place ????

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So is the slash and the Myles Kennedy thing going to go under now that slash is back in his rightful place ????

Yeah I think so, granted Slashs solo work had a hand full of cool tunes but the biggest cheers of the night were always the guns songs
    Same with Duffs solo gigs and Steve Adler. Not too sure about Izzy does he play any guns songs while solo ?
    I'd say a lot of people over say 35 would always associate slash with gnr first and foremost
    Nothing against Myles a great frontman and singer technically better than Axl but wouldn't come near the 25 - 30 year old Axl and for a lot of us watching Axl now 54 and a bit worse for wear ( a bit over weight and the raspy voice couldn't last 23 years )the moments of magic cancel out the bum notes every time.

Despite Guns being back together, Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators aren't going anywhere, they will stay together.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Despite Guns being back together, Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators aren't going anywhere, they will stay together.

I'm been devils advocate here just thinking aloud don't bite my head off
    I wonder would they sell as many tickets for the live shows if it was put out that they wouldn't be playing any guns songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Good. They f***in rule too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I wonder would they sell as many tickets for the live shows if it was put out that they wouldn't be playing any guns songs.

At first no, but now they have such great songs of their own they could carry it off, but they wouldn't do that, seeing as Slash wrote most of them he's entitled to play them

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Prob sell out clubs, small venues but not Arenas

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Good. They f***in rule too.

Yes they are, bloody brilliant live as well, there's also a 3rd album on the horizon, which I assumed is being recorded while Slash has down time, and due to Slash's involvement with Guns, it maybe a delayed release, plus Myles is busy with Alter Bridge recording their 5th album, and eventual touring in support of said album..

This I think works out well for everyone, Alter Bridge can tour their album properly, without Myles having to juggle both bands.

Advertisement