Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Prob sell out clubs, small venues but not Arenas

Slash simply on his name and legacy could probably sell out arenas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Red King wrote: »

Axel looks like a cross between Neil Young and Meatloaf in that picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

It's Axl. And it is a video, not a picture. Have you any actual thoughts on the video or are you just here to take cheap shots?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Omg they sound brilliant, I really hope they come to Dublin. Their songs are so unique and amazing. :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

That entire performance just gives me goosebumps. I can't imagine how incredible it would have been to actually have been there

To think, I saw Richard perform last year in Sunderland with the Dead Daises, and there he is on stage with Guns N' Roses in LA at the Axl Rose and Slash reunion

I'm really looking forward to seeing Slash tackle Chinese Democracy songs. Might be the only one mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

fin12 wrote: »
    Omg they sound brilliant, I really hope they come to Dublin. Their songs are so unique and amazing. :):)

Me too but Wud consider travelling to the UK to see them if they don't play here. Axl likes us again now after redeeming himself in 2012 and slash loves playing here. There's 4 possible venues they will play here (in order of which are the most possible)

1 Slane Castle
    2 Aviva stadium
    3 3arena
    4 Croke Park

It will be a shame if we miss out on them on thee Euro tour

Me too but Wud consider travelling to the UK to see them if they don't play here. Axl likes us again now after redeeming himself in 2012 and slash loves playing here. There's 4 possible venues they will play here (in order of which are the most possible)

1 Slane Castle
    2 Aviva stadium
    3 3arena
    4 Croke Park

Ya I would consider going to uk as well but i Hope someone would go with me over there because I don't think I could manage going to concert by myself in London.

Ya I would consider going to uk as well but i Hope someone would go with me over there because I don't think I could manage going to concert by myself in London.

looking at the prices of the us tour they are pretty expensive. $250 for a decent seat.

I did pay 191 euro for a u2 ticket last year

looking at the prices of the us tour they are pretty expensive. $250 for a decent seat.

Woah the most I've ever payed is a €100 for Take That ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Paying that kind of money to see them in a large souless venue is beyond stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭flasher0030

It's Axl. And it is a video, not a picture. Have you any actual thoughts on the video or are you just here to take cheap shots?

Hope you got out of bed the right side this morning. Yesterday must have been a bad day for you. Wasn't a cheap-shot. Nothing wrong with Meatloaf and Neil Young. Fine looking men in their day.

And it's a picture on my screen. No moving images until I press the play button.

I think Axl was gorgeous when he was younger, right up till about 30, I thought his hair was lovely, but he has destroyed himself with all the plastic surgery.

I also thought Duff and Izzy were gorgeous but not sure what Izzy looks like now.

Paying that kind of money to see them in a large souless venue is beyond stupid.

We could be paying around 100-150 to see them in slane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Hope you got out of bed the right side this morning. Yesterday must have been a bad day for you. Wasn't a cheap-shot. Nothing wrong with Meatloaf and Neil Young. Fine looking men in their day.

And it's a picture on my screen. No moving images until I press the play button.

Red King can be very touchy when it comes to Axl. He had a similar reaction to a post I made in the AC/DC thread about him taking breaks during gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

1 Slane Castle
    2 Aviva stadium
    3 3arena
    4 Croke Park

Can't understand all the concern about them not playing here. Of course they'll play here! They all love the place, and Duff even has family here. It's a no-brainer in my view. I'd start saving now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

We could be paying around 100-150 to see them in slane.
    Stupid money to see them in a poor setting with poor sound. Think of all the worthwhile bands you could see for that amount of money in smaller and better venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Stupid money to see them in a poor setting with poor sound. Think of all the worthwhile bands you could see for that amount of money in smaller and better venues.

Sure look, one mans treasure is another mans rubbish.
    Sure what's the harm in seeing your favourite band if the only choice is an open field or an soulless arena it'd be great if they done 5 or more nights in the Olympia but that's not going to happen.

Some photos of The Troubadour gig from last Friday

CfBZoPnUIAAT8Oh.jpg-large.jpeg.a612e693d936090e14e82c8e3f8e6fde.jpeg

12928432_1014660945292018_739025433800234621_n.jpg.5a337cd9cdb685517b2eb4a0748aefce.jpg.c09d676eed601f7fce1f61e9a6dc94aa.jpg

FB_IMG_1459621900251.jpg.5c55dc8cc2ba3541ba0c025a9b3a5aa1.jpg.c567453b9153bc2f17fac67c61fa9031.jpg

CfM5wGrWwAECE9r.jpg-large.jpeg.59829a6f33677f243a34038ac1e58ad7.jpeg

are there going to be any webcasts or periscopes of 2morrows las veges gig.

pretty sure they will be tons of vids on youtube of the veges gigs come the weekend

Ur wan on the keyboards would get it though :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Who cares about webcasts or Periscopes (no idea what it is, and frankly don't care either), that's the worst thing about gigs in this day and age, people want everything NOW...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Who cares about webcasts or Periscopes (no idea what it is, and frankly don't care either), that's the worst thing about gigs in this day and age, people want everything NOW...

Nothing worse than being at a gig and seeing row after row of people with their phones in the air videoing it. Watch and enjoy the gig now for God's sake.

Having said that, we wouldn't have any footage of last week's gig without these 'idiots'.

Nothing worse than being at a gig and seeing row after row of people with their phones in the air videoing it. Watch and enjoy the gig now for God's sake.

Having said that, we wouldn't have any footage of last week's gig without these 'idiots'.

Exactly, though I haven't encountered these people at the gigs I go to. I'd understand having a camera for photos, but watching the gig through your phone screen is just :confused:

Those 'idiots' were the exception..

I wish they would just announce their European tour and put us all out of our misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I wish they would just announce their European tour and put us all out of our misery.

Doubtful they will until very late in the year, it will be outdoor shows so looking at Summer 2017

I know it's MYGNR, so salt at the ready, but apparently "The longest song ever recorded" by the band was rehearsed ahead of the 2 nights in Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

I know it's MYGNR, so salt at the ready, but apparently "The longest song ever recorded" by the band was rehearsed ahead of the 2 nights in Vegas.

Nearly sure I read it somewhere that it was rehearsed at a sound check for last weeks gig also.

Nearly sure I read it somewhere that it was rehearsed at a sound check for last weeks gig also.

Would be one hell of a surprise if they did play it, though will Axl be able to nail the rapid fire last 3 minutes of the song?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Would be one hell of a surprise if they did play it, though will Axl be able to nail the rapid fire last 3 minutes of the song?

Jaysus big call to do that song. From all the reviews I've read from fans who were there said axl seemed like a new person so maybe he has the confidence to do it.

Advertisement