Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Sebastian Bach clearly excited to be there

Brilliant and hilarious clip. From around 50 seconds in I let out such a roar of laughter at the two of them headbanging away...Bach the classic old school metaller and Axl happily surveying all from on high! :pac:

I have to say from the clips I've seen the band sound sensational. Really tight and energetic. Axl's voice is way better than most thought it was going to be although who's to say how much that was down to him just being able to concentrate on the vocals. But no complaints so far. I'd love to be going to a gig soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

Somebody needs to run up behind him and break his legs! I listen to a metal band whos lead singer had to stop moving about because of neck and back trouble and he's never sounded better live! He stands still, plays his instrument and focuses on his vocals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

RayK0309 wrote: »
    Somebody needs to run up behind him and break his legs! I listen to a metal band whos lead singer had to stop moving about because of neck and back trouble and he's never sounded better live! He stands still, plays his instrument and focuses on his vocals.

Lol!! Tom Araya Slayer??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Talk about a picture GNR fans assumed they'd never see. What a photo.
    Cfs4SPCWwAUebLp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well that seems like a genuine friendship again.
    HVM0250.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Ah keep the pics coming, great to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Talk about a picture GNR fans assumed they'd never see. What a photo.
    Cfs4SPCWwAUebLp.jpg

That smile on Axl's face is absolutely heart warming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

just back on Irish soil after the guts of a day travelling
    not one for taking vids or photos at gigs as there's always someone with better stuff but i couldn't resist taking a little bit of Coma during the 'mellow' bit - the sound came through pretty good - you can see Duff taking up some of the frontman duties and lording it around stage and check out the head on Axl @ 1:40 absolutely loving it!!

Worth the trip over?? Did you do just the Friday night? Or did you go to the Saturday show as well?? Axl just looks so damn happy and actually giving a damn :D

Also 2 more photos, this time courtesy of the band's photographer, Katarina Benzova

13007081_983154445066918_1320382493121134312_n.jpg?oh=1a81054aca686ee878d0356316bc4761&oe=57BF0DC2

12963415_983154448400251_2071070023776093384_n.jpg?oh=9b2f8ffbf4e5f9e8dc7dcf2beca1a5db&oe=5775192F

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Worth the trip over?? Did you do just the Friday night? Or did you go to the Saturday show as well?? Axl just looks so damn happy and actually giving a damn :D

Sooooooo worth the trip, every penny, went thru gatwick and few Irish and loads of brits were on flight back who had been too. I usually go every year for a week of poker and take in whatever gigs are on too, but this was the catalyst to book this year, have seen the crue, steel panther, jovi, deep purple, etc, etc
    my prettier half despite being a fan didn't want to do two nights prior to going, stub hub prices too were mad, but of course after Friday we looked but didn't bite, would have loved to hear Don't Cry. but on Friday and doors opening an hour late and with Axl breaking foot and it dragging on towards midnight on the night I was thinking there was gonna be a no show and was just so happy with what I got. so we rocked out partied then til breakfast time and went shopping instead so that solved the money question, c. 300 bucks+ a pop for same seats

Would definitely travel anywhere in Europe at the drop of a hat to see them indoors, perhaps Bercy in Paris or somewhere in England?? Sound, lights, big screens/effects were top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

evillive wrote: »
    Sooooooo worth the trip, every penny, went thru gatwick and few Irish and loads of brits were on flight back who had been too. I usually go every year for a week of poker and take in whatever gigs are on too, but this was the catalyst to book this year, have seen the crue, steel panther, jovi, deep purple, etc, etc
    my prettier half despite being a fan didn't want to do two nights prior to going, stub hub prices too were mad, but of course after Friday we looked but didn't bite, would have loved to hear Don't Cry. but on Friday and doors opening an hour late and with Axl breaking foot and it dragging on towards midnight on the night I was thinking there was gonna be a no show and was just so happy with what I got. so we rocked out partied then til breakfast time and went shopping instead so that solved the money question, c. 300 bucks+ a pop for same seats

Would definitely travel anywhere in Europe at the drop of a hat to see them indoors, perhaps Bercy in Paris or somewhere in England?? Sound, lights, big screens/effects were top notch.

I wonder Wud they do 2/3 nights in the 3arena during the Euro tour ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder Wud they do 2/3 nights in the 3arena during the Euro tour ??

Not a hope, 2/3 nights at the 3 Arena to what, 42,000 people, or 1 night at The Aviva to 50,000.

It's a no brainer, if they come here it'll be during summer 2017 and will be outdoors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Hopefully Axl will get treated better than the last time he played Dublin when some scuts threw bottles at him and loads booed him after the opening few songs -embarrassed to be there.

That was 6 years ago :pac:, plus he came back in 2012, did the show and apologized for the 2010 show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

That was 6 years ago :pac:, plus he came back in 2012, did the show and apologized for the 2010 show.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I think it's very telling that they are doing Chinese Democracy songs this early along with some not so popular old songs. Was expecting just the most popular old songs so seeing them willing to mix it up from the start is a very good sign for longevity. Makes me hopeful there may be a new album down the line.

They'll probably stick with the same set from the 2 Vegas shows for Coachella show #1 this weekend.

GN'R will be on stage at Coachella at 10:30 Saturday night in the U.S, so 06:30 am Irish time Sunday morning.

They'll probably stick with the same set from the 2 Vegas shows for Coachella show #1 this weekend.

GN'R will be on stage at Coachella at 10:30 Saturday night in the U.S, so 06:30 am Irish time Sunday morning.

At last a Sunday morning I won't be cursing the kids for getting me up early. 😄

• Advertisement

Eddie Trunk summary of Vegas Night #1, from his podcast this week.
    Thursday he went to dinner with Slash, Myles, and The Conspirators

Slash said the vibe in the band was great and was all positive

Met Duff at the hotel and was told about Axl's broken leg

Duff talks about it's amazing he was able to tough it out and finish the troubadour show considering how severe the break was

Then goes on to talk about the line up being basically the 2014 line up with slash and duff plugged in..

Knows why Pitman is out but can't talk about it

Said they sounded great because Axl nailed it, part of it was because he rehearsed but also because he was seated..

Happy they cut the time down a bit (no extended solos like nuGN'R did)

Says this is still Axl's band

6 or 7 alternate songs they will sub out to freshen the set

Stage set will be different for the stadiums

Knows some secrets but can't burn bridges

Show ends 2:30 am he gets a text from Beta.. goes backstage
    Sees Slash and Axl talking..

Sees Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins. jokes about how dave managed to get himself attached to the gnr reunion

Finally meets with Axl.. They talk about the show, broken leg, music in general, and some **** he can't talk about until it's announced because he gave Axl his word

Only thing he can say is Axl is very happy, he'll be in the chair for coachella (not sure if the same throne) and will be in the cast for a couple of weeks after, will need rehab after getting it off before he will be back to running around on stage

Also said Axl wants to do another interview.

Isn't 100% sure but thinks that Izzy/Steven will probably show up to some dates with how positive the vibe is but doesn't think it's anytime soon.

Revisiting the Magnificent Excess of Guns N’ Roses' Use Your Illusion Video Trilogy
    They are as bloated as anything else the band did during this era, but they can also be genuinely candid in a way that’s disarming.

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/1104-revisiting-the-magnificent-excess-of-guns-n-roses-use-your-illusion-video-trilogy/

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

For anyone interested in live stream of coachella http://live.coachella.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Thought it was an actual live stream until they came on stage on time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

2 songs. What a crock of balls

Had to laugh at frank Ferrer wearing an AC⚡️DC t shirt for the Coachella gig only got to catch wttj and Nov rain on the live cast both sounded fantastic wttj especially.

http://imgbox.com/qWL657j1

Pretty cool pic with probably the exception of Hendricks image of his shadow on the marshal stacks
    The two most recognisable iconic rock guitarists of our life time
    The top hat with a buckle and the school boy cap with the optional horns or an "A" and the world over people recognise it as Slash or Angus
    I think that's the first time these two "cartoon characters" have ever appeared on stage together.

• Advertisement

Your image link is broken, try again :P

Advertisement