Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Indeed it is, hopefully they give it a live airing on the summer tour, yeah saw that too, still waiting for a video of it to pop up on YouTube, I said it previously, but Frank's been in the band 10 years come June, you'd think he'd have the feel for the songs down by now.

I saw a video of yesterdays on YouTube from you tube and it sounded grand. It's not franks knowledge of the songs it's the tempo he is playing them at. It's way off IMO. I've seen Frank with nugnr twice and he played fine. I don't know why it's changed.

Also no drummer has got the YCBM intro right since old Matt played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well watching and listening live is completely different to watching on a computer screen, the ears pick things up differently..

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

Hard to choose a favourite. Estranged is excellent and I think thats mostly due to Slash (I love him). Also Civil War, Patience, Rocket Queen and many more!

Well watching and listening live is completely different to watching on a computer screen, the ears pick things up differently..

Well brother lithium the speed has gotten faster IMO. The alt lyrics of don't cry just started playing. I knew the original don't cry lyrics but I'm always caught out by the alt lyrics version on UYI.

• Advertisement

Hard to choose a favourite. Estranged is excellent and I think thats mostly due to Slash (I love him). Also Civil War, Patience, Rocket Queen and many more!

I'm not saying estranged is the best song by GNR. It's just got a personal thing for me. It's still a great song though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So has the reunion lived up to our expectations??? Or is it too early to judge

It's prob huge in the states with all the billboards/trailers etc but it's not as popular In Europe.

April 20th set list from the 2nd Mexican gig

Looney Tunes Intro
    The Equalizer (Harry Gregson-Williams song)
    It's So Easy
    Mr. Brownstone
    Chinese Democracy
    Welcome to the Jungle
    Double Talkin' Jive
    Estranged
    Live and Let Die (Wings cover)
    Rocket Queen
    You Could Be Mine
    New Rose (The Damned cover) (with "You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory intro )
    This I Love
    There Was a Time (Tour Debut - First time with Slash)
    Speak Softly Love (Love Theme From The Godfather)(Andy Williams cover)
    Sweet Child O' Mine (with band introductions)
    Better
    My Michelle
    Jam ("Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd, Slash & Richard duet)
    Layla (Derek and the Dominos cover) (Instrumental, with Axl on piano)
    November Rain
    Knockin' on Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover)
    Nightrain

Encore:
    Don't Cry
    Yesterdays (Tour Debut)
    The Seeker (The Who cover)
    Paradise City

PTH2009 wrote: »

It's prob huge in the states with all the billboards/trailers etc but it's not as popular In Europe.

I think it has two sell outs in Vegas and nearly 140,000 over two nights in Mexico. It's gong brilliantly. It's not as popular In Europe as no European dates have been announced yet.

2 sell out shows in Vegas, 2 sell out shows in Mexico..

• Advertisement

2 sell out shows in Vegas, 2 sell out shows in Mexico..

That's a yes then lithium.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

Is there any chance of them coming to Ireland? I thought nabbing a Springsteen ticket was my ultimate gig, this though, i'd cry with joy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That's a yes then lithium.

Well yeah I mean 4 sold out warm up shows, ahead of what's to come in the summer, it's been good so far.. Let's see can they keep the momentum rolling.

Is there any chance of them coming to Ireland? I thought nabbing a Springsteen ticket was my ultimate gig, this though, i'd cry with joy
    I don't see why not. I'd say Crocker or the aviva.

When and if they do announce a European run, and Dublin happened to be on the list, I would imagine tickets would sell like hot cakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A full Euro summer tour for 2017 is rumoured. One of Slane/Croke Park and the Aviva are the likely Irish venues.

Think a small Euro tour was planned for dis year but with Axl joining ac/dc for the rest of the rock or bust tour it think it got cancelled

A full Euro summer tour for 2017 is rumoured. One of Slane/Croke Park and the Aviva are the likely Irish venues.

Think a small Euro tour was planned for dis year but with Axl joining ac/dc for the rest of the rock or bust tour it think it got cancelled

Link for this please..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Performance wise I'd say Axl has proved better than expected, otherwise everything is as it should be. The lineup would always garner this much attention, and it's happened, the other musicians are all pros so should be at this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I'm bored and listening to guns. Feck it estranged is a class song. It helped me through a ****e time so many times.

So what are people's favourite GNR song ? Mine is estranged.

I love ur crazy, one in a million, rocket queen, the slow part of that song is lovely. The duff mckagan song so fine, welcome to the jungle, sweet child o mine, I love so many of their songs, they're amazing!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mushy wrote: »
    Performance wise I'd say Axl has proved better than expected, otherwise everything is as it should be. The lineup would always garner this much attention, and it's happened, the other musicians are all pros so should be at this level.

Axl is behaving so far, but we're only 4 gigs into it, let's see what he's like after a year, or 2 months into a 4 month sting, 3/4 gigs a week and having to run around and sing rather that sit on his arse

Too early to judge the idiot (great singer though)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

Anyone know where the spoken intro from Rock n Rio 2001 is from? I remember buying a bootleg copy of that in 2003 thinkin I had found the holy grail! As it was back then and now today I hope when it comes to Axl that it really is just a matter of warming up the pipes. It's been more than decent so far but I'm hoping for more pro-shot footage to come out cos I agree with Lithium, it matters how exactly you're getting the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I'm bored and listening to guns. Feck it estranged is a class song. It helped me through a ****e time so many times.

So what are people's favourite GNR song ? Mine is estranged.

Rocket Queen. Best song ever. But there is no question Estranged is exceptional.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I effing love Patience.

Really cool photo of Slash playing onstage in the rain

12985457_1002014759835567_2059301990728030469_n.jpg?oh=6f2f96217ad1b23724b5193255be61b6&oe=57A6F83B

image.thumb.jpeg.797a9625460aff04fed70d7dd5c415f5.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Was watching the live feed there and after Nov rain they cut the live feed during the intro to "outta get me" Bastids tought all my Christmases had come together
    I'll see it yet it's out there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Arraggh can't watch any more of that live feed that 360 degree view is doing my effin head in and which bright spark decided to cut outta get me and stream knocking on heavens door instead. ( waves fist in air like a narky aul lad)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Slash's solo in SCOM sounds horrible speeded up!!

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/deljamesgang/status/724186715368218624?lang=en

Axl now will turn his attention to AC/DC, Slash will probably reconvene Myles & The Conspirators to record their 3rd album..

And November Rain + Knocking On Heaven's Door

Advertisement