Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Oh and threads merged :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Happy 50th Axl

axlbirthdayad.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Malice wrote: »
    I wasn't bothered about going to the last one and I'm even less bothered about going to this one. Don't get me wrong, I'm a massive Guns N' Roses fan but I'm not a fan of overpriced Irish gigs and I'm not a fan of Axl + 4.

I completely agree. I was the 8th person through the gate in Slane in 1992- only because I let my three friends through first! We camped out all night. It was 4 days before my first year exams in college...I acknowledge the genius of Axl in terms of song writing and the different voices he can sing in etc. I also acknowledge that the guy has serious issues. But without Slash it is a band without Soul..To use an analogy. You meet someone at 18 and it is amazing, all of it, it is consuming and passionate and wild and a bit dangerous. It ends. 20 years pass and you meet them again and you have both let yourselves go a bit..but he/she is still mad as a bag of cats..It is just not as much fun as when you were 18... Sometimes it is better to keep the memories of what was.

I am still a massive fan, I remember when bootleg copies of GnR/Metallica/Motley Crue gigs were practically currency in our school. (Who has the GnR song "crash Diet" on demo..?? Why was that never released??)There was a time I would have done anything to see GNR but not like this. This is not GnR....But there was a time...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

IIRC this was on the Rumbo Tapes. I've a whole heap of cassettes with various demo's for AFD and UYI material. Always reckoned this tune should have been on UYI1 instead of Back off Bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Lord Lucan, You have made my day... Thank you for that i have not heard it in years...I would have dropped back off bitch too, and maybe a few others...but that was class, thanks :D

• Advertisement

berettaman wrote: »
    Lord Lucan, You have made my day... Thank you for that i have not heard it in years...I would have dropped back off bitch too, and maybe a few others...but that was class, thanks :D

You know another band recorded that later on, the band Asphalt Ballet, they had some connection with Wes Arkeen who was a friend of Axl's and who used the song when GNR didn't - I think there's a chance that's Axl on backing vocals but I'll have to confirm it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Happy 50th Axl

axlbirthdayad.jpg

*cringe* Keeping GNR alive = :rolleyes:

RonMexico wrote: »
    *cringe* Keeping GNR alive = :rolleyes:

Here's the deal, one more bottle....I go home..... :D

No, but in all seriousness, you can bash GNR all you like. I'm still going and I still love them and even if I'm the only one there (I'd actually much prefer it that way to be be honest - I'd get to keep all the picks Ashba throws) it'll still be a good night for me and I'll have my fun.

The rest of GNR should go onstage with this guy at the RNRHOF:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

o1s1n wrote: »
    Might tag along myself with my ticket from last year. As far as I'm concerned, he still owes me a show.
    Good luck with that :rolleyes:

They played the show, not their fault if you were one of the people who decided to throw bottles or leg it first chance they got. They fulfilled the comittment (and very well too). It's your own problem if you left early.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It's your own problem if you left early.

Here we go again......

• Registered Users Posts: 38,453 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

my heart will be pounding on may 17th next during welcome to the jungle or whatever song they begin with becuase knowing irish people someone will throw something on stage.

If someone does throw something on stage Axl should just ignore it and play on like it never happened (a big FU to the people throwing the bottles).

Hopefully we get a decent support band this time eg Motley Crue (Will never happen but you never know 2006 springs to mind lol), Poison, Alice in Chains etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

PTH2009 wrote: »
    my heart will be pounding on may 17th next during welcome to the jungle or whatever song they begin with becuase knowing irish people someone will throw something on stage.

If someone does throw something on stage Axl should just ignore it and play on like it never happened (a big FU to the people throwing the bottles).

Hopefully we get a decent support band this time eg Motley Crue (Will never happen but you never know 2006 springs to mind lol), Poison, Alice in Chains etc

That ain't gonna happen(the bit about Axl ignoring it).

You won't ignore it but you could find that the event is a reduced bar event (you can only get drink upstairs in standing), or that all drinks are served in paper cups...you might even find that Axl will stand a few feet away from the crowd during the whole gig and not really venture towards the front. There's also the very real possibility that you'll be waiting ages to get in as everyone will be searched for anything going in.

Believe me, MCD doesn't want this happening again, they might be stupid but they're not stupid enough to chance fate twice - every single person will be prevented from throwing something near the stage.

Believe me, I catch someone throwing something, they can wipe that stupid smirk off their face because I'll deal with them myself before security get to them. I will not have my gig ruined because some moron paid money to go and ruin a night's event for everyone else. Trust me, they've anticipated these problems, they have to.

You won't ignore it but you could find that the event is a reduced bar event (you can only get drink upstairs in standing), or that all drinks are served in paper cups...you might even find that Axl will stand a few feet away from the crowd during the whole gig and not really venture towards the front. There's also the very real possibility that you'll be waiting ages to get in as everyone will be searched for anything going in.

Believe me, MCD doesn't want this happening again, they might be stupid but they're not stupid enough to chance fate twice - every single person will be prevented from throwing something near the stage.

Believe me, I catch someone throwing something, they can wipe that stupid smirk off their face because I'll deal with them myself before security get to them. I will not have my gig ruined because some moron paid money to go and ruin a night's event for everyone else. Trust me, they've anticipated these problems, they have to.

But MCD are stupid enough to book him again!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Wow Metal Mickey, you sound very tough on the internet. I'll stay well away from you as I get Axel between the eyes with a ribena carton

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Wow Metal Mickey, you sound very tough on the internet. I'll stay well away from you as I get Axel between the eyes with a ribena carton

I was quoting "Motley Crue" actually.

First of all, it's Axl

Bluefoam, I doubt your stupid enough to pay for an expensive gig ticket, get yourself an overpriced drink and then waste all that money just to throw garbage at a rock musician who earns millions more a year then you do, then to find that the buses have stopped running and you need to fork out for a taxi. I doubt that you're that stupid. If you can't even spell the lead singers name then I doubt you'll have any interest in going to the gig. And the more people who stay away the better.

As I've said before, if you think you don't want to go because you're going to be pissed off when he comes on late, then don't bother going, don't buy a ticket and don't come to the concert. Unless your prepared to spend the whole night, until 6am in the O2 without a complaint, do not bother coming to the gig in May...you will only be disappointed...and after all, it's not the original line up anyway. So, please, for your enjoyment and mine, stay away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I think you are missing my point. I am looking forward to this, the expense is worth the entertainment value I'm gonna get from it. Once Axcel has the crowd all riled up, we can encourage them down to Leinster house to release all that pent up anger. Its gonna be the event of the year.

I think getting Axles tribute band to Dublin again was a genius idea. ROCK ON!

* I wish boards had the little emoti-icon thing doing a rocker salute, that would have made this post even more awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,453 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

will the gnr induction be on tv (well in the case of us here in ireland be avalible to download.

I remember the Metallica induction in 2009 was on tv in the states

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I think if Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven got together on the stage for an acceptance speech then that will be as good as we're going to get. A performance would be something else but just seeing them together again would make my day.

But assuming Matt, Dizzy and Gilby are all there, and Axl is hardly going to show up without his current band....are we going to see 14 people up on stage at the same time?!! :pac:

I think if Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven got together on the stage for an acceptance speech then that will be as good as we're going to get. A performance would be something else but just seeing them together again would make my day.

But assuming Matt, Dizzy and Gilby are all there, and Axl is hardly going to show up without his current band....are we going to see 14 people up on stage at the same time?!! :pac:

I wouldn't think so? I can see this being car crash tv. My thinking is(I'm probably wrong?), that only the current band will appear on stage, and I would think that the other members will have pre-recorded acceptance speeches made, which will be played on video??

I think you are missing my point. I am looking forward to this, the expense is worth the entertainment value I'm gonna get from it. Once Axcel has the crowd all riled up, we can encourage them down to Leinster house to release all that pent up anger. Its gonna be the event of the year.

I think getting Axles tribute band to Dublin again was a genius idea. ROCK ON!

* I wish boards had the little emoti-icon thing doing a rocker salute, that would have made this post even more awesome!

Stop spamming

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

rednik wrote: »
    RARHOF

*Checks to see if Rush have been inducted yet - No - continues to ignore*
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I wouldn't think so? I can see this being car crash tv. My thinking is(I'm probably wrong?), that only the current band will appear on stage, and I would think that the other members will have pre-recorded acceptance speeches made, which will be played on video??
    I'd say the opposite. I doubt the current guys want to be up there taking someone else's credit. Especially when they were/are probably big fans of them.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'd say the opposite. I doubt the current guys want to be up there taking someone else's credit. Especially when they were/are probably big fans of them.

I recall a number of them admitting that they were not fans of the original band...I kid you not...I think the only one that was a fan of the old band is DJ Ashba, and he has only toured with this line-up.

RonMexico wrote: »
    I recall a number of them admitting that they were not fans of the original band...I kid you not...I think the only one that was a fan of the old band is DJ Ashba, and he has only toured with this line-up.

I can vouch for that. Chris Pittman wasn't sure who Gilby Clarke was, for example, before I told him.

Some of the newer band members, like Pittman, are into more electronic and dance type music and had no real interest in the Punk/Glam/Rock routes of Guns N' Roses to start with. Others just didn't have an interest in music when they were younger and never listened to GNR as they got older.

It's so nice to see Axl touring the US at the moment and it's all going without a problem. I think what people are most afraid of is the concert coming and going without a hitch, gives them nothing to moan about, and right now GNR have been on their best behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

RayCon wrote: »
    *Checks to see if Rush have been inducted yet - No - continues to ignore*
    :pac:

Run DMC deserved their place.:p:p. Some on the list in front of Rush just makes the mind boggle.

• Advertisement

This has been confirmed by Brain as being official. It is a remix that he worked on, apparently he remixed all of Chinese Democracy.

All I have to say is this is absolutely appalling, it sounds like it was put together by a 13 year old fan of Mortal Kombat that just discovered how to use audacity.

There is talk of these tracks being released at some point by GNR, either as a stand alone album or as a re-released expanded Chinese Democracy.

If Axl goes ahead with that I'll say he must be on the wrong meds or something.

Advertisement