Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Rehearsals under way for the Not In This Lifetime Summer tour.

13237693_1005098919539137_1354824485193887573_n.jpg?oh=85d4b9a1cc3f5a35a087d4b370b4a60b&oe=57CB1125

Is that Mellisa on vocals
    That Axl lad better have a good excuse for missing rehearsals this time
    Just noticed Slash has two Gibson Explorers there 🤔 The only song on use your illusion that he used the explorer on was locomotive could they be about to unleash that live they played it early 91 and I don't think they played it since apart form the jam with Jeff beck in Paris 92 where sourm blew out becks hearing

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Is that Mellisa on vocals
    That Axl lad better have a good excuse for missing rehearsals this time
    Just noticed Slash has two Gibson Explorers there 🤔 The only song on use your illusion that he used the explorer on was locomotive could they be about to unleash that live they played it early 91 and I don't think they played it since apart form the jam with Jeff beck in Paris 92 where sourm blew out becks hearing

It looks like it's duff's wife susan.
    I take it the comment about axl is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Rehearsals under way for the Not In This Lifetime Summer tour.

13237693_1005098919539137_1354824485193887573_n.jpg?oh=85d4b9a1cc3f5a35a087d4b370b4a60b&oe=57CB1125

So are they covering "Stayin' Alive"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

They coming to Ireland?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It looks like it's duff's wife susan.
    I take it the comment about axl is a joke.

Yeah I forgot the smiley face thing about Axl
    I stand corrected on the locomotive dates they played it a handful of times durinig the illusion tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Guns have only played Locomotive 5 times in total.. Plus seeing those Slash with Gibson Explorer's again, who knows...
    Locomotive
    This song was played 4 times in 1991, and once in 1992. It was first played live on 19.07.1991.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Guns have only played Locomotive 5 times in total.. Plus seeing those Slash with Gibson Explorer's again, who knows...

Those are Gibson Firebirds.

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2014/Firebird.aspx

Schwiiing wrote: »

My bad just seen the general shape and got giddy forgot about the firebird having the curvy shape and reverse headstock. As opposed to pointy shape and regular headstock

Schwiiing wrote: »

Ah my mistake so, didn't think Slash used Firebirds, but the link below proves other wise

http://www.groundguitar.com/slash-gear/

All the guitars he's used..

Tonight marks the 25th anniversary of the start of the use your illusion tour in 1991. 24th of may at the alpine valley music theatre in East troy Wisconsin.

And little did we know that 25 years later that axl,slash and duff would be sharing the stage again willingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

It's insane

UYI tour was also the greatest tour known to man in rock history... the recklessness was just immense... it cannot be repeated...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

UYI tour was also the greatest tour known to man in rock history... the recklessness was just immense... it cannot be repeated...

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

In what sense...???

It was the longest tour in history at the time.i don't know if it still is. I think it was 195 shows over nearly two years. There were two riots. One arrest warrant issued. One band member died for a couple of minutes.

It was the longest tour in history at the time.i don't know if it still is. I think it was 195 shows over nearly two years. There were two riots. One arrest warrant issued. One band member died for a couple of minutes.

So a tea party compared to some of the stuff that probably went on in the 70s?

Nothing lasts forever. Even cold November rain.

Pause

Slash walks on axls piano and outro begins.

Magic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Nothing lasts forever. Even cold November rain.

Pause

Slash walks on axls piano and outro begins.

Magic stuff.

You what?

You what?

Watching the November Rain video I guess

You what?

November rain lyrics Mickey.

• Advertisement

Watching the November Rain video I guess

Either that or hallucinating

Either that or hallucinating

It's fecking obviously the former for Jaysus sake.

It's fecking obviously the former for Jaysus sake.

I was JOKING ffs

Axl's gonna be busy, after Guns finish their Not In This Lifetime summer tour on August 22nd, Axl then switches his attention back to AC/DC for the rescheduled U.S dates, which begin on August 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Axl's gonna be busy, after Guns finish their Not In This Lifetime summer tour on August 22nd, Axl then switches his attention back to AC/DC for the rescheduled U.S dates, which begin on August 27th.

prob hit europe with guns in 2017 sometime Although theres rumours on mygnrforum that a euro tour will take place in the Autumn of this year

PTH2009 wrote: »
    prob hit europe with guns in 2017 sometime Although theres rumours on mygnrforum that a euro tour will take place in the Autumn of this year

2017 makes a lot of sense, I remember Andy Copping tweeting a good while ago, that he already had the first headliner for Download 2017 booked or almost booked, I can't recall which, first headliner for next year could be Guns N' Roses possibly.. Guess it's wait and see on those rumours for later this year..

PTH2009 wrote: »

I think Axl will be looking for a break in the autumn. I mean he's is putting in some shift
    The last few months, I've only heard bits of Axl singing with AC/DC and he seems to be hitting the jackpot and seems to be standing on his foot in a boot.

And his voice sounds in great form.

Axl will definitely deserve a break when he's done with both tours, plus Guns down time allows Slash to reconvene Myles & The Conspirators to record album #3, assuming said Guns downtime doesn't cut into Alter Bridge's touring..

• Advertisement

Was I the only person to play paradise city during the mighty weather this week. I did both studio and live. I did it because cork city is the real life paradise city being honest.

Advertisement