Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phonewatch

Options
  • 22-09-2011 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

hi, not sure if this is the right place or it has been covered before. because my broadband goes on and off when landline is answered or hung up , i'm told my eircom phonewatch needs a filter. is there much to this or would i need a professional. thanks in advance.

just been on to phonewatch and they tell me a filter is €90. lol (as i actually did). theres no call out charge for the engineer. i presume its made of gold for that money or are they that expensive?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Filter would be about €20. No call out??:D:rolleyes::rolleyes: Yeah right.
    Ill drop one out to you if you want...No Delivery charge either...LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭joeyoey

phonewatch customer care rang later but i was at work. is there a standard filter that they use so i can sound knowledgible when i ring them back.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

This is the bog standard one we all use.
    431E.gif
    Made by http://www.actmeters.com/
    If they are using a different type its doing the same thing & certainly should not be 4 times the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

joeyoey wrote: »
    phonewatch customer care rang later but i was at work. is there a standard filter that they use so i can sound knowledgible when i ring them back.

By the sounds of it your phone is wired for line priority as should be, so when the alarm activates the alarm seizes your line. With no filter fitted this will pull down the broadband also. Can you post a picture of your phone socket the alarm is connected to. If it is the standard Eircom phone socket you would be better off using the Eircom filter.

ok altor i'll have a go. not great at that stuff . tomorrow evening after work, thanks. i'm hoping to hear from pw with a view to sorting it free gratis (yeah right). anyway heres hoping.

• Advertisement

ok altor i'll have a go. not great at that stuff . tomorrow evening after work, thanks. i'm hoping to hear from pw with a view to sorting it free gratis (yeah right). anyway heres hoping.

You wish :D

Either filter is easy enough to fit.

memo to self. dont post just after arthurs day. forgot all about that. answering and hanging up the landline pulls down the bb. alarm is not usually active only during the night.

memo to self. dont post just after arthurs day. forgot all about that.

There is always tomorrow :D

upc have started to upgrade our area for broadband. if its possible to take their phone and broadband bundle would
    1. their phone line be suitable for pw
    2. their broadband keep crashing during calls.

upc have started to upgrade our area for broadband. if its possible to take their phone and broadband bundle would
    1. their phone line be suitable for pw
    2. their broadband keep crashing during calls.

It is possible. Your broadband keeps crashing as there is an alarm and your DSL going down the same line. The filter should stop this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement