Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC and Usenet - how to set up?

• 22-09-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm a UPC customer and I've recently heard of a system known as Usenet, which can be used to download from.

As far as I'm aware UPC just need to give the name of a server/allow access to their server, but I called them and they didn't have a clue what I was on about - "what's usenet?".

Does anyone have a clue how to go about setting up and using Usenet on UPC?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's got nothing to do with UPC. You have to pay for premium usenet access, using a service like giganews.

That's as far as the conversation about this kind of service goes too, as it's mainly about piracy which is not allowed here. If you have any issues with ports and setup later, then you can ask, but any other conversation about usenet providers and what they do are forbidden.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement