Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Series 7

• 22-09-2011 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Wont be airing untill autum 2012 let the outrage commence!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

What's the source on this? It'll push it straight into X-Factor season, which can't be good for ratings. Obviously, Dr.Who is a show that makes a lot of timeshift, but we're not at complete saturation of the practice yet, so it's going to eat into the show's figures heavily.

It's delicious that Moffat spoke of the series' split this year as being good for fandom, getting two lashing of Who-goodness during the year,
    but now we're at season's end and we're going to have to wait longer than ever 'til the next one. Is this a budget thing? or Does it confirm that Sherlock's success is eating into focus on Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

At best an easter special to tide us over - would need to be one hell of a special :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Odd, the wait'll kill me, but I like Doctor Who in the Winter, looks like we'll still get it in early Spring too.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cyndaquil

Pity, had it come back at Easter we would have had it fairly evenly spaced between the end of season 6, Christmas and season 7. I was starting to appreciate this years format. Ah well, we got through the Tennant Special hiatus thing in 2009, at least this isn't that bad.

I'm wondering though, what will happen after season 7. I wonder will Season 8 be spread over 2012/13, and so on after that? That mightn't be too bad, as if season 8 ended in Spring 2013, followed by season 9 in Autumn 2013, the wait wouldn't be too bad. I suppose it's too early to speculate.

I guess at the same time we don't want too much of a good thing either, absence makes the heart grow fonder, etc, etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Doesn't bother me. New Doctor Who is great whenever it happens and I have other hobbies until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

I wonder is Matt Smith getting Itchy feet. It'd explain a longer than normal break.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

I hope wee see http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Lorna_Bucket again . love to she her run with Doctor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

mach1982 wrote: »
    I hope wee see http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Lorna_Bucket again . love to she her run with Doctor

But she is is dead- and i presume her death was an event that can't be changed, since it was also the time they could have really saved melody?Also in the episode she stated that she only met the Doctor as a kid, so there would have be some amnesia plot to have her return as an adult (but before her death)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

But she is is dead- and i presume her death was an event that can't be changed, since it was also the time they could have really saved melody?Also in the episode she stated that she only met the Doctor as a kid, so there would have be some amnesia plot to have her return as an adult (but before her death)

I would presume that we would see her as a kid and the Doctor running into her, although now I can't see it happening because I guess he'll be laying low on the 'I'm the Doctor' thing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Back when Smith was announced as the Doctor (and I was getting annoyed at some whippersnapper winning the role), I suggested that Moffat take a leaf out of the Big Finish lineup, and cast an older actor in the role of one of the companions. An old-but-fiesty companion would be a great contrast against the Doctor, who appears young but is in fact ancient.

Sure you'd still probably need someone young & pretty for the audience to latch onto, but someone older as a 2nd companion could be an interesting opportunity for drama & tension. Travelling the universe with old human eyes; Big Finish partnered a 60-70 year old woman with the 6th Doctor & although I wouldn't go that old, someone in their 50s might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Well not that he was a companion, but I liked it when David Tennant was hanging out with Donna's dad when the whole Master thing was going on. There was a good relationship between the old human and old time lord. They were both tired but had to keep plugging along. Of course you couldn't have him be a full time companion, but I get your point about having a slightly older and more experienced companion.

Advertisement