Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move from PS3 to Xbox

Options
  • 22-09-2011 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have had a an 80gb ps3 phat for a couple years now and got great value out of it. Seriously thinking about a move to xbox 250GB To try to it out and thought id seek advice from people that know both well.. I enjoy playing online and its probaly a 50.50 split regards the consoles my friends have so finding it hard to decide between the 2.

Wat keeps me from making the switch is i just recently bought a full hd 3d tv and i tink id miss blu ray and 3d capability in my games. Does the xbox run 3d capable games?

Have people here moved from ps3 to xbox and being happy, could people maybe expand on why? appreciate any comments !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Gears has 3d and some others, 3d to me is a waste of time so not bothered.

I've both consoles, my xbox has various gaming set ups depending on where i am. My ps3 protects an area in my room from dust.

Much prefer xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

the social build for the xbox just feels so much better. i dont know why, ive had 2 ps3's and 2 xbox's since they released, selling for various reasons but im stuck to my xbox and my pc combo for the last year and simply wont be changing.

The blu ray is handy on a ps3, other than that Im not a big fan of their minimalist choice of menu system. It feels more disconnected than xbox live, although some people see paying for a stable online service filled with content as a deal breaker and they stick with PSN for that reason alone....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I also have both consoles - actually this is the setup I would advise most gamer to go for too.
    This way you get best of both worlds - access to the exclusives on both sides...
    I started out with the PS3 and got a gift of the 360 after a few years - would not go back now.

I do find that I go through phases of favouring one over the other - depends on what the game of the month is - for example Gears and Uncharted are both on my radar - how can you lose with that choice ;)

I find the Xbox 360 better when it comes to games. I have alot of games for both Xbox 360 and Ps3. Head to head i can clearly see the difference. Xbox is better. Shame its a sh!t console.

I have had 1 Ps3 not a problem . I have alot of Xbox and alot of problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SweetEmpathy

I have both consoles, then I can get exclusives for either console. I find the xbox more user friendly and easier to communicate online with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I find the Xbox 360 better when it comes to games. I have alot of games for both Xbox 360 and Ps3. Head to head i can clearly see the difference. Xbox is better. Shame its a sh!t console.

I have had 1 Ps3 not a problem . I have alot of Xbox and alot of problems.

Owning an xbox is a bit like owning a classic car... tremendous fun... but it's always in the back of your mind that it might not get you home :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭bridgemond

Have had both console's. Only have a xbox now. I think the xbox is a better console. Plus the controller fits the hand better I think.
    Oh and the new slimline looks very nice and is nice a quite.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭GaryMunster

Im in the same boat, Think I might move to xbox, does anyone know of any deals going on at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dclewis

I have both of them. Had the xbox first. As said the controller is better and live Is pretty cool. Much better choice of dlc. But the ps3 has a web browser and tv players. And has a lot of good games.

I wouldnt change one to the other they both get equal use. Both have different games such as gears and uncharted as said above. Both worth having.

So get the xbox but keep the psps3

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I like both, but ps3 is my first preference, it depends on the game, for me:

xbox:
    Live is fantastic
    xbla games all have demos, psn games don't always
    xbl is better laid out than psn
    controller is better for some games
    graphics are better on some games (COD being a perfect example, it looks better on 360)
    windows media streaming is handy

PS3
    blu-ray
    includes stuff you have/had to buy for the 360,usb pad chargers, wifi built in (new xbox has this though)
    its a much, much better media player than the 360 so if you have a hard drive it takes an instant not an age to watch anything on it. better selection of audio outputs and the like as well if you're a home cinema whore.
    pad fels better on some games.
    blu-ray means 1 disc opposed to 2 like some xbox games (BF3, Dead Space 2,a few others, its not a major hassle changing the discs or anything but its nice having it all on one)
    RTE player, 4OD, web browser with a youtube app are all really handy for watching stuff on if you're stuck

really though it all boils down to the games, which is what a console should be about, look at the exclusives:

xbox
    Halo, Gears, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell to name but a few

PS3
    Uncharted, Metal Gear 4, Heavy Rain, God Of War, Killzone, inFamous, Little Big Planet.

I love both consoles tbh, if you're really into your games and choose one over the other in some fanboy way you're only missing out on some tremendous titles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭GaryMunster

krudler wrote: »
    PS3
    Uncharted, Metal Gear 4, Heavy Rain, God Of War, Killzone, inFamous, Little Big Planet.

I don't have any of these games, This could be one reason why I'm sick of the ps3, they all worth getting ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

I don't have any of these games, This could be one reason why I'm sick of the ps3, they all worth getting ya?

Infamous & Metal gear certainly are. I havent played the others. Infact I was shocked at how good Infamous was.. was hooked for days playing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭bridgemond

Also lads, I heard the other day that xbox are doing a update and will have a web browser. A buddie told me that so not sure if it is true. He said it is going to be bing or something

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dclewis

Uncharted and heavy rain are very good. And there is a third uncharted on the way early november

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Uncharted is like playing a movie - an Indiana Jones movie - one of the best games out there.
    Resistance 1,2 &3. Played 1 & 2. 1 is brilliant, 2 meh. 1 though was and is a really good FPS - in my opinion best on the PS3
    Infamous 1 & 2 - enjoyed 1 not played 2 yet. Good storyline, reasonable replay value.
    Ratchet & Clank - various - all really good fun :)

Most of the games above are now really cheap say less than 20 esp 2nd hand. Some you can even now download from the store if you want - though I do prefer the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Uncharted 2 is My favorite game. IMO no game looks as good as this. Can't wait for 3 to come out in November.

AS for PS3 vs Xbox, Both excellent consoles but I tend to buy games for the Xbox more than the PS3 simpy cause the controller is better on the XBox and most of my friends have an XBox for Online gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Theres search coming yes, but its just for searching the marketplace and the apps on the Xbox (facebook twitter and youtube - which is also coming in this update)
    But a fully fledged browser? Never going to happen, its a daft thing to have on a games console, everyone who has an Xbox is going to have a laptop/computer/tablet/smartphone so its ridicilous putting one in just for the sake of it.

Advertisement