Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT'ing an imported car??

• 22-09-2011 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi, I recently imported my car from the UK, I have gotten the car VRT'd and taxed and I am now waiting for the log book. I rang the NCT centre today to book an appointment and I was told I have to wait until I get the log book and then I am meant to fax a copy of the log book in. I am then meant to call back and book an appointment as my car will be on the system then. Is this the only way of getting my car onto the system?:confused: and am I legal to drive around now with no NCT while waiting for this tax book to arrive?:confused:
    Thanks, Gary:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes you will have to wait until you get the logbook in your posession as they can ask for this sometimes during the test if there's anything found odd during the test like 4 seatbelts but the car says it has 5 seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Can I ask how you VRT'd the car without the logbook?

Hi, I recently imported my car from the UK, I have gotten the car VRT'd and taxed and I am now waiting for the log book. I rang the NCT centre today to book an appointment and I was told I have to wait until I get the log book and then I am meant to fax a copy of the log book in. I am then meant to call back and book an appointment as my car will be on the system then. Is this the only way of getting my car onto the system?:confused: and am I legal to drive around now with no NCT while waiting for this tax book to arrive?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

dobsdave wrote: »
    Can I ask how you VRT'd the car without the logbook?

He's probably talking about the Irish logbook, he would have handed the UK V5 in at time of VRT'ing.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭GaryMunster

Yes you will have to wait until you get the logbook in your posession as they can ask for this sometimes during the test if there's anything found odd during the test like 4 seatbelts but the car says it has 5 seats.
    OK thanks, was just making sure it was the correct information I got

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I am then meant to call back and book an appointment as my car will be on the system then. Is this the only way of getting my car onto the system?:confused:

When I was doing it last year, car was written to the system automatically without a need for faxing a registration certificate (so called logbook).

and am I legal to drive around now with no NCT while waiting for this tax book to arrive?:confused:

No. It's not legal to drive without NCT (with few exceptions, but unfortunately none of them apply to your case).

• Advertisement

CiniO wrote: »
    When I was doing it last year, car was written to the system automatically without a need for faxing a registration certificate (so called logbook).

No. It's not legal to drive without NCT (with few exceptions, but unfortunately none of them apply to your case).

was this when revenue were vrt'ing cars or is it like the present system where NCT centre are vrt'ing cars?

When revenue did it I was on the system straight away but thats not the case anymore:(

I need the car so lets just hope I'm not stopped!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

No. It's not legal to drive without NCT (with few exceptions, but unfortunately none of them apply to your case).[/Quote]

What are the execeptions?

Finnt wrote: »

What are the execeptions?[/QUOTE]

From January 2010, vehicles registered before January 1980 are not required to be tested.

Cars permanently based on islands that are not connected to the mainland by road do not have to be tested.

Advertisement