Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parent Baby/Toddler Groups in Greystones

Options
  • 22-09-2011 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi there, would anyone have up to date info on Parent/Baby Groups in Greystones? Is the Monday morning one on again in St Patrick's as it's not listed on their website? Also, anyone know if there's any running in Charlesland? I am determined to get out and about more with my little one this Autumn/Winter and be more sociable!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

Hi, there is a facebook group for the Greystones Parent and Toddlers Group (http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/192585277450198/). There's lot of info there for you.

WRT Charlesland, they mention a new group that started on Sept. 13th in Charlesland for new mums and their young babies. It will run for 10 weeks from 10:30-12 and costs 3 euro. More info on the facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

Hi there,

Playgroups are as follows:

Mon St Patricks 10.30-12noon E2.50
    Tues St Patricks 10-30-12noon E4.50 (or less if you are a cuidui member)
    Weds Presbyterian 10.30-12noon (at rear of church) E2.00
    Fri The Nazarene (go down the road by the tennis club and follow the road through the estate to the end. There is a carpark and large building)
    E2.00 Homemade cakes 10.30-12noon.

There is also a Facebook page called 'Greystones parents and toddlers' if you would like to have a look/join.

Look forward to seeing you at the groups!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

dudmis wrote: »
    ...in Charlesland for new mums and their young babies.

Yeah I saw that the other week. Discrimination I tell you. No fathers allowed! :( I'll just have to spend time with the yung'ins elsewhere :rolleyes:

won't somebody please think of the children?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

There you go - start one up!
    Im sure there are plenty of Dad's in the town that would love to avail of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Wow, that was quick!! Thanks SO much everyone, will definitely try and make one or more of those groups. Not a new Mum myself (tho' still feel like it!) so the Charlesland group won't be for me, (there you go, more discrimination for you!! :D) but sounds like a great idea, hope it goes well. The facebook page looks very interesting too, who knew there was so much Baby/Toddler/Parent activity in Greystones!

Look forward to meeting some of you at the groups and thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 MelanieB

The Tuesday group has a Breastfeeding Counsellor coming on the 27th September if anyone wants to talk to them. Its €2 for members and €4.50 for non-members. Check out the Facebook Page Cuidiu North Wicklow Branch for further events over the next few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 weeseywoo

MelanieB wrote: »
    The Tuesday group has a Breastfeeding Counsellor coming on the 27th September if anyone wants to talk to them. Its €2 for members and €4.50 for non-members. Check out the Facebook Page Cuidiu North Wicklow Branch for further events over the next few months.

Is this at the Tuesday group in St Pat's?

I believe there is also a new new Parent & Baby/Toddler Group now started on Tuesday mornings in Shoreline. They unfortunately don't have a very big room so ask that parents don't bring children who are walking!

I have never heard of a Playgroup not allowing Dads! That is really terrible. I've seen quite a few at the St Patricks Tuesday group.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MelanieB

weeseywoo wrote: »
    Is this at the Tuesday group in St Pat's?

I believe there is also a new new Parent & Baby/Toddler Group now started on Tuesday mornings in Shoreline. They unfortunately don't have a very big room so ask that parents don't bring children who are walking!

I have never heard of a Playgroup not allowing Dads! That is really terrible. I've seen quite a few at the St Patricks Tuesday group.

Hiya - sorry for not responding sooner! Yeah, that group still going on, on a Tuesday at St Patricks. They had 3 dads regularly last year, only 1 or 2 thus far but its still early days I guess.

Bray and Roundwood and Glenealy still going on too, check out the Facebook page Cuidiú North Wicklow Branch for things coming up. The newsletter is available in most HSE health centres and of course to members directly in their door!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cch80

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but there is also a musical babies class run by DoMiSo Music School that I go to. It's on in Greystones Theatre on Fridays and in Delgany Tue, Wed & Thurs. My 16mo son loves it, as he gets to play with drums, xilophones etc dance around and sing songs (well listen to the songs as the adults do the singing!). Claire who runs it is great fun and it suits me as it's a drop in, so you can pay as you go rather than having to commit to a term... hope this helps.

Advertisement