Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to ask for computer build help.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Click on the sound icon in task bar and change to all the different connections just to see. Are you connecting to the back of the PC or on the top/front of PC i.e the case connection and not the motherboard?

He was raiding the fridge and shot up the stairs when I read this to him, no joy though.

I make him email me the answers because I don't understand any of this.

"After trying all the output options on the front and back headphone jacks the issue still persists."

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Are you sure the 3.5mm headphone jack socket is not turned off in bios by mistake? But if the option is there when you try to change sound device in the task bar then it is turned on in bios. I'm just asking as trying to go through different options.

Is there speakers on the monitor? How is the monitor connected Display port, HDMI or older connection types. Have you a TV you can hook up to see if sound can be played through the TV speakers through the HDMI connection.

Are you sure the 3.5mm headphone jack socket is not turned off in bios by mistake? But if the option is there when you try to change sound device in the task bar then it is turned on in bios. I'm just asking as trying to go through different options.

Is there speakers on the monitor? How is the monitor connected Display port, HDMI or older connection types. Have you a TV you can hook up to see if sound can be played through the TV speakers through the HDMI connection.

This is the update;

I am currently using the speakers on my monitor that is connected by HDMI and it is working fine, after looking to see if I have the jacks disabled they were enabled.

Your username inspires me and I appreciate the time you and the others have taken to try and solve this.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Did the head phone jack ever work? if not then it must be faulty. Is there a optical socket on PC? If so buy a digital to analog converter and connect the headphones that way.

Cheers wotzgoingon, will check with himself tomorrow and get back to you.

Thanks again everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Is it possible he just wants a new headset?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Is it possible he just wants a new headset?

Nah, the one he has is a good one and that's not the way he'd go about it if he did, he's straight up.

Did the head phone jack ever work? if not then it must be faulty. Is there a optical socket on PC? If so buy a digital to analog converter and connect the headphones that way.

It worked fine at the beginning for a couple of days, then it started giving loud static and it's been like that since.

There is no optical socket on the PC.

Advertisement