Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home insulation companies in/around longford town

Options
  • 22-09-2011 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone knows of any good/bad home insulation companies in Longford? Was looking up the registered people for the grant and there's loads to choose from, anyone have any tips on who to go for/avoid?

Looking to insulate the outside walls and depending on prices, look into improving the house insulation overall.

Thanks for any advice as always :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

We got our house done last year, the attic and the outside walls. The cost was around €1600 with a grant of about €650.

http://www.ecohomeinsulation.ie/contact.php
    Sean Hagan was the boss who came. They did a good job and he was fairly sound. I'm in the Granard area and a neighbour recommended him.

Our house is a 4 bed bungalow built approx. '94 and badly insulated. We got these bonded beads, basically those light little foamy balls injected into the wall cavity. Holes, about the size of a 2 euro coin, were made all around the house to blow in the beads. Our house is pebbledashed so the holes weren't noticable.

It made a big difference. You should get a few lads around to give you a quote. Good luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

this crowd

http://www.homecareinsulation.com/finish.html

did our house a few weeks ago. were very easy to deal with. are you looking for cavity wall insulation or external wall insulation? they don't do the external wall themselves, but use a crowd near granard i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

Thanks for the responses!

We are looking at cavity wall insulation, as the lower half of the house is red brick, not to mention semi detached, so external wall insulation would be out of the question. Wondering now about how they would handle cavity insulation with regard to a semi-d house, but I guess I'll call the experts and see what they say.

Will try both places and get a quote, thanks for the advice guys, and open to more suggestions still :D

Advertisement