Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Adsense On Youtube

Options
  • 22-09-2011 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

I wasnt sure where to leave this so I decided to post it here.

I've been offered a chance to become a Google adsense partner on Youtube. I'm pretty excited about it. Is anyone on here a partner? Do you know how much approximately you get per ad click?

Are they strict about posting videos with copyright material on them? My intro has a 5 second audio clip of a song.Will that be considered copyright infringement

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Chavways wrote: »
    Are they strict about posting videos with copyright material on them? My intro has a 5 second audio clip of a song.Will that be considered copyright infringement

Thanks

Not sure about how Google deal with their own site, but a while ago with all the Anonymous hacking news they're were some sites that were a little too pro hackers and down with Sony during the whole thing. Google cut them off and since you would be making money from Google on a Google site i'd say they would be rather strict.

Also this definitely is not the right forum for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Varik wrote: »
    Also this definitely is not the right forum for this thread.

Well could you suggest somewhere better for it? I have a gaming channel so I thought this would be most appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

maybe try the Call of Duty forum quite a few of the lads have popular game channels

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Chavways wrote: »
    Well could you suggest somewhere better for it? I have a gaming channel so I thought this would be most appropriate.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=985

Any chance a mod could move the whole thing over to the internet marketing forum instead of me making a new one over there? It'll keep the place tidy.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »

Didnt even know that forum existed.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

What kind of gaming channel? plug!

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    What kind of gaming channel? plug!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Chavways?feature=mhee

bit of a shambles. I dont know how I got offered an adsense partnership with only 17 subscribers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

From the information I've read off Google (the company as opposed to their search engine), how much you get per click is entirely dependent on how big a following you've got, what sort of ads people are clicking on, how much business you generate for companies you're advertising and obviously, the number of clicks a day. A slightly random formula.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Moved from Playstation at OP request.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Well a friend of mine is.. he said below

The question of how much is a click really depends on what your channel is selling or advertising..
    Your cpc (cost per click) on your gaming niche could be something like 50cent to €1.50 approx.

I sent away for it.Now the waiting begins...

I was accepted but I'm not sure about the process of adding videos to become monetised. When I go to add them it asks me do they contain film,music or game footage etc. Since it is a gaming channel most of the videos have video games in them. Do I actually own the license to the game footage since I recorded it or am I just using it through a fair use policy.If so,will they take down any gaming videos I try to monetise because I dont own the licence and distribution rights to them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement