Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC messed up my address

• 22-09-2011 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hey guys basically this thing with UPC has been going on for weeks.. We moved to a new apartment in naas and checked to see if we could get broadband they said no but when engineer came out to install tv he said it would be no problem to get it.. So got back in touch with UPC and they said that broadband was not available at the address they have for us. Checked it on their website they actually have 2 address for us first address is: apt 2 crofton court ( which says BB is not available there) the other address it has on the site is apt 2 block 1 ( which has all services available) tried explaining to the agent that the 2nd address is actually the one they need to register us with.
    He said it wasnt possible at the moment ( how hard can it be?). They said they would call us back been waiting over 7 days now for that call.. Really don't know what to do and was wondering if anyone had similar experiences with UPC and got it sorted?
    Thanks for listening to my rant!! And if anyone from UPC wants to get in touch please feel free..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Ring them and ring them again, it's really the only way to get these things sorted with UPC. Also try contacting the @weareupc account on twitter, they are very helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

daveyjoe wrote: »
    Ring them and ring them again, it's really the only way to get these things sorted with UPC. Also try contacting the @weareupc account on twitter, they are very helpful.
    Tks davey I'll give that a go!! Not great at the old twitter mind ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

I had a similar experience with UPC. When I first moved in I brought the modem with me from the last apartment as the cancellation hadn't yet gone through and used it away for a few weeks. When I tried to sign up in the new apartment they wouldn't offer me the service, no matter what I did to convince them otherwise. After a while I gave up and tried to go with DSL, but unfortunately part of my line runs through a closed up shop and the Eircom engineer couldn't get in to connect me.

So after several weeks of this I gave UPC another ring. The lady I talked to this time made a mistake with my address and put down my order as coming from an apartment that can get broadband. When the engineer came out I simply corrected the address, he came around the corner, install the modem and I've had 100% reliable broadband since.

The only annoying part is that despite having their service for over a year now (and in their system as the correct address), as far as they are concerned I still can't get it. So when I tried to move up to the 50Mb line they wouldn't let me, I'm actually paying €2 more a month for the 30Mb service.

Anyway I'd advise you to call again, UPC have absolutely never rang me back when they said they would. Also at least one of the times an agent offered to check nearby apartments, reasoning that if they could get it so could I, and then put it though on the merit of that alone. So it really depends on who you get to talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Alwayson

I have UPC services but they have the wrong address for me which is so every time I ring them I have to give the wrong address to verify who I am. If I give my actual address they won't accept it. Despite the fact that I inform them every time they have the wrong address they won't change it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Your first mistake was expecting actual results out of a UPC call centre.

Unfortunately as others have said you have to call about a million times then eventually get through to a supervisor that has a brain before anything logical gets sorted out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Achilles wrote: »
    Your first mistake was expecting actual results out of a UPC call centre.

Unfortunately as others have said you have to call about a million times then eventually get through to a supervisor that has a brain before anything logical gets sorted out.
    Just tweeted them and they said they can see the problem and we can get everything.. Ha seems like twitter is the only way to get a reply from them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Just tweeted them and they said they can see the problem and we can get everything.. Ha seems like twitter is the only way to get a reply from them!!

I hadn't considered that. I'm actually going to write a formal complaint to them soon enough as we've had a million issues with them.

Advertisement