Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Factor vs. American Idol Head-to-Head

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I never liked Randy although I initially loved the show. recently it's just not captivating any more. XF has the advantage of being a little more diverse in the way the show is set up and a little more than just singers being judged

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

American Idol was cool back in the day but I think X Factor USA will destroy it. I hate the judging panel, the fact that Randy's the best judge there this year says it all really.

I'm not feeling it baby, not for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I read somewhere that the viewing figures for the start of the USA X-Factor show did not match or beat the American Idol starting show.
    ...Given time, the numbers might improve over it though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Biggins wrote: »
    I read somewhere that the viewing figures for the start of the USA X-Factor show did not match or beat the American Idol starting show.
    ...Given time, the numbers might improve over it though!

Yes I read that as well. When you think about it though, the X-Factor may take a bit of getting used to. America may also be reluctant to let "their" show go to Simon Cowell with a show that doesn't have "America" in the title (X-Factor USA isn't the same, especially since it has USA in it only to distinguish it from the "main" X-Factor of the uk). It's all very new and this type of brand may take a while to settle in. How many years did American Idol have to expose and promote/advertise their brand on the American public? You know, people get attached to shows over the years, and some die hard fans will never give up American Idol. But I still do expect after a while people will favour The X-Factor, and many do already. It's not really until later than they get different anyway.

Advertisement