Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses/Gorey

Options
  • 22-09-2011 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi All,

We are viewing houses in Riverchapel and Courtown.

Are there any buses into Gorey from these places?

Thanks,

Y :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

The simplest answer I suppose is, no. There is a twice weekly service by BE http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1209047152-Table-379.pdf, which is a joke and there was a Gorey Bus Links service which did a grand tour from Gorey through Ballcanew and Castletown which, though I still see the coach, I'm not sure is still operating. Most people who don't have a car would travel by taxi, there are several hackney services and if there are enough passengers you might get a €4 fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

The Gorey Bus Links service was definitely scaled back, the northern end of the service (Castletown, Inch) was discontinued over two years ago. I know the Ballycanew service continued longer than that but I'm not sure if it still does, it may have been scaled back too.

According to this site there is a Summer only (so not much good for the commuter/shopper) Gorey-Courtown service, don't know if this is the same company as Gorey Bus Links though. EDIT: Just noticed the Bus Éireann timetable on that site is way out of date so mightn't be that reliable for the local service either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Niles wrote: »
    The Gorey Bus Links service was definitely scaled back, the eastern end of the service (Castletown, Inch) was discontinued over two years ago. I know the Ballycanew service continued longer than that but I'm not sure if it still does, it may have been scaled back too.

According to this site there is a Summer only (so not much good for the commuter/shopper) Gorey-Courtown service, don't know if this is the same company as Gorey Bus Links though. EDIT: Just noticed the Bus Éireann timetable on that site is way out of date so mightn't be that reliable for the local service either.

Judging by the 'phone no, that site hasn't been updated in a long time. AFAIK that summer service doesn't operate now either.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭grottyblotty

does anyone know if any buses depart Gorey to Ballycanew on Sundays, I don't think Gorey bus link do, only on Tues Thurs Frids and Sats last time I looked, been looking but cannot find a time for a sunday

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Mod Note.
    please don't resurrect 3 year old threads

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement