Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCDL County Player Ceiling Vote

• 22-09-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Apparently the vote for a limit of 4 County players per team was shot down 19 against 6 for. So the top teams in the Tuesday Senior leauge will stay together for the coming season. While this is probably a good decision for the County Team does it mean the top teams (only 3 in my opinion) will only have 4 competitive games this season when they play each other twice ?
    There's simply not enough good players to go around.While i personally like playing against these teams and taking a scalp(not many mind) realistically as a unit they are impossible to beat because they consist of the best players in Dublin and some in Ireland.So you end up with a Celtic & Rangers scenario every year. So if the vote was reversed do you think the leauge would have been more competitive or would it have been the ruination of it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Ruination , without a doubt .

The county team would have suffered badly if the vote had gone the other way . Lads that have played together week in , week out over the years (and even those who joined the league lately) aren't going to quit their team lightly . The probable outcome would have been that a lot of players leave the county panel so they can carry on playing for their league team . Which means you're playing the same players on a tuesday night except they're county-standard , just not on the panel . Those players who withdraw would have to be replaced - where are they going to come from ?

In any other sport being selected for your county/country is a pretty high accolade . I really dont understand why any team should be punished just because they have quality players signed for them .

As regards the league...yeah , it's pretty much as you say . Three top teams , a couple bubbling under and well capable of taking points but as you say yourself there are scalps to be had . Tavey's won the Senior Cup and iirc the singles champion was from AFL . There are plenty of players good enough to mix it and attempting to weaken the league would have been a step backwards IMO .

• Registered Users Posts: 15 1 ate e bhoy

nessyguin wrote: »
    Ruination , without a doubt .

The county team would have suffered badly if the vote had gone the other way . Lads that have played together week in , week out over the years (and even those who joined the league lately) aren't going to quit their team lightly . The probable outcome would have been that a lot of players leave the county panel so they can carry on playing for their league team . Which means you're playing the same players on a tuesday night except they're county-standard , just not on the panel . Those players who withdraw would have to be replaced - where are they going to come from ?

In any other sport being selected for your county/country is a pretty high accolade . I really dont understand why any team should be punished just because they have quality players signed for them .

As regards the league...yeah , it's pretty much as you say . Three top teams , a couple bubbling under and well capable of taking points but as you say yourself there are scalps to be had . Tavey's won the Senior Cup and iirc the singles champion was from AFL . There are plenty of players good enough to mix it and attempting to weaken the league would have been a step backwards IMO .
    Yeah your probably right Nessy although knowing the NCDL they would probably have said "anyone who played county in the last 5 years" and f*cked the whole thing up. Anyway back to the practice board theres heads to be scalped:cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 doubletrouble

i agree nessy. i play for 1 of "the big 3" and all of our lads wer willing to walk away from the dublin setup to stay and play together. although the dublin setup still hasnt got the choice of the best players in the county becoz of a similar ridiculous rule held in the south county league:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 1 ate e bhoy

i agree nessy. i play for 1 of "the big 3" and all of our lads wer willing to walk away from the dublin setup to stay and play together. although the dublin setup still hasnt got the choice of the best players in the county becoz of a similar ridiculous rule held in the south county league:mad::mad:
    Correct me if i'm wrong but it sounds like the South County Leauge teams want it that way or the rule would surely have been changed by now.Also does it mean there are County standard players unable to play for their county because they would have to quit their team. Have the South County ever had a vote on this rule (like the NCDL) or do the commitee call the shots??? Enlighten me:confused::confused:

Advertisement