Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trackmania 2

• 22-09-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

hey guys this just came out and im trying to buy it, only problem is when i click paypal i aint getting no paypal payment screen :( anyone else having this problem? any solutions ?

figured it out, just buy the game from the ubistore instead of the game homepage,

anyone round here playing it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Saw it, planing on buying it in the next few months. Does the cars still "ghost" through each other, or is there any collisions? The collisions interest me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Going to be getting this for sure...Still ghosting - collisions would be interesting alright though. Absolute chaos :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

is this a download only game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

its all ghosting from what ive seen so far, but then thats pretty much the point of trackmania, just you the track and trying to post your best time without jimmy neutron slamming into you every 2 minutes (cough forza cough)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

just you the track and trying to post your best time without jimmy neutron slamming into you every 2 minutes (cough forza cough)
    Aye. For track times, it's good, but was wondering as there was no ghosting in the video demos that I've seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Was messing around with this last night.

Was in a game with two other Irish lads but I couldn't figure out how to get the chat working. Tis mighty craic tho.

It was my first experience with Trackmania and managed to come out on top on one of the runs. Definitely gonna put in a few hours on it this evening.

Anyone else playing this?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Don't like it. The canyon cars just plain suck compared to the stadium cars. Was hoping there would be healthy competition in it like the previous TM games but nothing to see here really.

Don't get me wrong, its very good. It's just not the Trackmania I'm looking for.

Its my first experience with the any Trackmania title so absolutely loving it.

Its a brilliant idea and I'm kind of upset with myself for not having come across it before now!

Don't like it. The canyon cars just plain suck compared to the stadium cars. Was hoping there would be healthy competition in it like the previous TM games but nothing to see here really.

Don't get me wrong, its very good. It's just not the Trackmania I'm looking for.

how so? i havnt noticed much of a difference tbh except how they look, and thats pretty easily changed im currently using this model http://www.trackmania-carpark.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18558

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Stadium car
    r2sx0z.jpg

Stadium or nothing tbh. The rest is a bit meh :P

• Advertisement

i can see that car getting ported over to TM2 fairly quickly once it gets more populated

But they're releasing TM2 Stadium :P Won't be ported over tbh. Controls are completely different. Any new cars on Canyon are just re-skinned cars with identical controls :)

But they're releasing TM2 Stadium :P Won't be ported over tbh. Controls are completely different. Any new cars on Canyon are just re-skinned cars with identical controls :)

i didnt really notice much different in the controls department :o tm2 car is a little more squirly upside down but thats about all ive noticed, all i meant was just a re-skin of the car, if they release TM2 stadium i wont be paying another 20 quid for it i can tell you that

Looooonnnng bump. Trackmania 2 Stadium is now in open beta and available on Steam. You can prepurchase the game for a paltry 9 euro, game will be released in April.

Well worth the purchase imo, one of the finest and most competitive games to come out on PC.

I'll get on it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yup gonna pick this up later, had a blast with the old stadium, great game that you can easily sit down to play for 5 minutes or an hour

Game now supports 4 player split screen also. Fun! I might start an Irish server in the next few days.

There's a boards.ie 100 slot server now up on Ireland Nation filter.

Downloaded it last night but didn't get a chance to play it.

Will get stuck into it for a bit this evening.

Advertisement