Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm a new landlord - letting agent or not ???

Options
  • 22-09-2011 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

I am moving from my home to Germany. Should I let family or friend looking after tenants or go with letting agent?

PM me please if you have know a good agent.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Don't use an agent...too many complications and additional expense. If you can get a friend or family member to take it on you will have so much more peace of mind. At the end of the day all the agent is interested in is their money. Your property comes a long way down their list of priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I had family look after my house for a few years, had some work done on the house at that time as well, paid through the nose for the work, the person looking after the house thought that I only still had the house because of their help.
    Fell out with them, got a property manager-only 10% per month and that includes finding a tenent, they did some work on the house-got great prices because they use the same people all the time, got me great deals on appliances, they took all the hard knocks and were great. I would definitely recommend using an agent.-I was away for 11 years, had an agent for the last 3. Way more peace of mind with an agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I would strongly recommend using an agent. But choose carefully. Plenty of terrible ones out there. I have one looking after my house in Sutton and they do a great job at a fair price.

Advertisement