Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Armstrong wants a return to the moon

Options
  • 22-09-2011 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Neil Armstrong apparently wants men to return to the Moon.

This isn't new but I only came across it now;

http://news.discovery.com/space/armstrong-return-moon-mission-mars-110825.html

These are the main points of the article spoken by Neil himself.

"I do favor going to Mars but I believe it is both too difficult and too expensive with the technology we have available at the current time," and continued;
    "I favor returning to the moon. We made six landings there and explored areas as small as a city lot and perhaps as large as a small town. That leaves us some 14 million square miles that we have not explored."

Interesting to know that one of the three Apollo astronauts agrees with the general consensus about returning to the moon. I am also of the belief that a return trip would be better than travelling to an asteroid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

I thought they dismantled that set?

:D

Advertisement