Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which bike

Options
  • 22-09-2011 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

ok ive asked the cycling forum but there obviously sick of this type of post as ive gotten a total of zero replies ,

so il ask here seeing as there are people here between tri's and multi-sport/ adventure races that will have some / a lot of bike experience
    this is a list of bikes that are within my budget ... how would you rate them, are there any that you would rule out completely, similarly are there any that stand out..or if you know of something else around the same budget 700 ish feel free to suggest

specialized allez /maybe allez sport
    defy 4 /3
    lapierre audacio 200
    bottechia rs1100/duello
    fuji newest/roubaix
    trek 1.2
    felt z100..

the only ones i have experience of are the defy 4 ( which i find a bit heavy ) and a friend has the allez sport which he rates highly otherwise i know nothing about the rest... cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

woody1 wrote: »
    ok ive asked the cycling forum but there obviously sick of this type of post as ive gotten a total of zero replies ,

so il ask here seeing as there are people here between tri's and multi-sport/ adventure races that will have some / a lot of bike experience
    this is a list of bikes that are within my budget ... how would you rate them, are there any that you would rule out completely, similarly are there any that stand out..or if you know of something else around the same budget 700 ish feel free to suggest

specialized allez /maybe allez sport
    defy 4 /3
    lapierre audacio 200
    bottechia rs1100/duello
    fuji newest/roubaix
    trek 1.2
    felt z100..

the only ones i have experience of are the defy 4 ( which i find a bit heavy ) and a friend has the allez sport which he rates highly otherwise i know nothing about the rest... cheers

700 euro isn't a great price point and to be fair to cycling board your question is really asking others to do the leg work for you. With no links to specs or similar someone is going to have to go off and find them all online and then review the specs. if you posts links to technical specs you'd get a better response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Wifes got a Defy 4 and she's happy with it.

I have the basic Allez and I'm very happy with that too although I ended up changing the wheels as they wouldn't stay true. I don't feel like I need to upgrade yet to improve my times so it will last me a while longer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

sorry tunney ( and the cycley people )
    i didnt make it overly clear, i meant if people had any experience of the bikes listed could they give their comments, as Courdelion has.. certainly dont want anyone scouring the net and reading thru specs to make a comparison...

i appreciate that im at the lower end of the price scale at 700 euro but its still a huge amount of money to me and even with the bike to work and maybe selling my own bike this is a big purchase and one id like to get close to right.. im on a claud butler hybrid at the moment so anything should be an improvement... maybe there is little difference between any of them..

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

You can't really go wrong with the alley or the defy. They are very solid starting bikes, but most of the ones you posted are. They are quite upgradeable and will sell easily on second hand Market in a couple of years also..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭ratracer

copacetic wrote: »
    You can't really go wrong with the alley or the defy. They are very solid starting bikes, but most of the ones you posted are. They are quite upgradeable and will sell easily on second hand Market in a couple of years also..

I had the Lapierre a few years ago, it was a good bike, never had a problem with it and had no problem selling it on when i upgraded. Still kinda sorry i sold it and didn't keep it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

thanks lads, had a chat with the bro in law who would
    know a lot about cycling and he informs me that anything
    in that price range isnt going to be much better than what
    i have and itd just be a waste of money, better to wait
    and save the pennies for at least the next rung up the ladder

Advertisement