Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dogs seem very hungry lately

• 22-09-2011 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

hi all just wondering why this could be? they're fed according to the instructions on the food.
    they've been wormed very recently too. they're lean not skinny dogs.
    I feed science plan small dog.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sparkey1

agreed ..... especially in the last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

Change in the weather??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Has there been any change in there activity level? My alsation runs around like an absolute idiot when anyone is outside. We had work done on the house recently which went on for about 3 weeks. Due to the extra running around like an idiot, she lost a noticeable amount of weight over the 3 weeks and constantly seemed to be hungry. Shes returning to normal now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

just because they were wormed, doesn't mean that they dont have them. I always wormed and flee dosed my dogs as directed but I Keep noticing them in their poo. When I Say it to the nurses in the vets they dont look surprised. I Dont think any dogs/cats are ever totally worm worm free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Mine are wormed every 3 months or so never seen any sign of wormies in their poop. If it might be worms perhaps change to a different wormer.
    My lot are hungrier now than a couple of weeks ago, I think because they feel the heat the weather was warmer and they weren't as hungry. Now with the cooler weather they are a little hungrier. Some dogs though are gluttons anyway and will eat at any oppertunity.

The packet instructions are just a guide the amount all depends on how active the dogs are as well.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Dont forget winter is on the way and as the weather changes, their instincts tell them to start putting on as many layers as fat as possible, especially with the way our weather has been for the past few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Im eating more this week hehehe :)Think its the cold :)

Advertisement