Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hdip Post Primary - Substitution Work

• 22-09-2011 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey folks... ;)

Basically I am hoping to do the hdip in post primary education with Hibernia college next feb (all going well that they will be running the course, not confirmed yet). Im currently working fulltime but I would like to look into the possibility of getting some substitution work. If i managed to secure a place on the course im persuming when TP comes around i would have to let me job go... so does anyone know is it still possible to get sub work even thou im not qualified but fully intend to undertake the course if i get a place? I would appreciate advice from anyone who has been in similar position.... Thank You :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ldoll

It's possible to get it but very difficult because there are a lot of qualified teachers who are willing to accept sub work.
    That said, I'm starting the Hibernia next month and have been doing sub work on and off since early 2009. Getting into a school is half the battle, and I'd recommend accepting anything, even if it's just a day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 twitty1

Ok thanks a mill....:) Just another question about garda vetting.I rang the teaching council in relation to vetting and apparently you have to be a qualified teacher, so where do i go now about getting vetted if i wish to sub in a school? Thanks again;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

a circular came out last year that we cannot employ unqualified teachers or retired teachers unless we can prove to the BOM that there was no other option at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 twitty1

Thanks for your reply...So basically I have no hope getting substitution work being unqualified?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

twitty1 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply...So basically I have no hope getting substitution work being unqualified?!

I would say it is highly unlikely. The VEC I work in as well as a neighbouring VEC no longer employ anyone unqualified for anything.
    And rightly so. Far too many qualified teachers are unemployed or have had their hours drastically cut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 ldoll

There is still a chance but it's unlikely. Garda vetting can be done via Hibernia, it's on the form they sent you. You fill out some and so do they. If you do mange to get sub work the school has to fill out the form with/for you. :) Maybe you'll get lucky in the school you do your teaching practice in in January/February :)

Advertisement