Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access course funds for students

Options
  • 22-09-2011 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm wondering if students who are doing an Access course can have the course fees paid for. I've found no evidence of this being the case anywhere on the internet. It's all about full time students. There's is not alot about part time and even less about Access Course student funds. If Anyone has any information I'd be grateful.

I've already been to the social welfare office and they state that I "might be able to acquire the same funding as the dole" while I do this course through - BTEA Scheme OR that I might be able to just stay on the dole but would probably have to pay the fee myself. "However it might be possible to receive assistance with the course fees since they are quite high".

They're not fond of giving certainties in the social welfare, never have been. But I still need some information as opposed to waiting for weeks to hear back from them after dropping my BTEA form in recently. Are there any other schemes or initiatives around that I can apply for? Cheeers.

Forgive me if there is information about it already on this website but I have not found any. If there is and you know where it is - link me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

AFAIK the college that you're doing the Access course with pays all the fees. But I guess it depends on the college and type of Access course, i.e. is it Access for Mature Students, or for School Leavers? Where are you doing the course? You should get in contact with the college you're dealing with.

If you have a career guidance teacher you should go and get some advice from them, or alternatively ask Citizens Advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Yes it is Access for Mature. I'll try the citizens information, that's 1 thing I haven't tried. Cheers for that.

Advertisement