Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waste water storage

• 22-09-2011 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭

hi

i have a iron remover water system for my well water im my pumphouse, when its in use it pumps out the waste water out the back of the shed. i had a problem last year when we had the bad spell of cold weather with it freezing. :mad:
    i want to build/ install a water storage tank in the ground and then reuse this water for gardening/ washing the car etc etc.....
    i was thinking of putting a temp roof (got the wood n screws for it) to the back of the shed and getting a plastic pallet storage tank as these are pretty cheap to buy approx €60 for a 1000lt one and insulate it
    my problem is a budget as ive got none....:(

so has anyone got any ideas....im under pressure now as winter is on the way :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

How will you stop the tank of water freezing?

Can you not just build a soak away or is there this much water that you need it stored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Put it into the tank as you want but as was suggested i would have an overflow from the tank into a soak away because once you fill that tank you will find it hard to empty it washin the car every now and then but leave it in stag away that if you want to move the tank you can just connect to the soak away

Advertisement