Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google+

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Thats an interesting list - i found a list of 101 top photographers on google+ and added them all to a circle, and there is alot of amazing photos being uploaded there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

wow some amazing stuff there.....cheers for the links :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I've been on google+ since the 1st round of invites came out and to be honest, I really don't see the point. In fact I had totally forgotten about it until i read this week that it had opened for everybody - i thought it had been dropped!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

What's the point of facebook or email or boards.ie or flickr? It's all just interaction with other people online - google+ just does it a bit better in a lot of places.

It's becoming extremely popular with photographers because it doesn't take a massive dump on your image quality so pictures that you upload to share with people don't end up looking like sh1te.

anyone know how to separate the streams so to speak in G+?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

put people in circles. Then you can browse by circle. Is that what you mean?

sineadw wrote: »
    put people in circles. Then you can browse by circle. Is that what you mean?

wow I feel silly! Yeah thats kinda what I mean. I didnt even know you could do that! cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Been look at the G+ again.... anybody figure out how to reorder pics in an album?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 graw123

Looks quite good to me, can't see it getting as big as Facebook or Twitter though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Just joined it yesterday, added some of the above to a circle, some really great stuff on there. Ill have a proper look later :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i like it. its got potential. another one that i've been on for a while and really like, very high standard on it too is www.glossom.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Google + is gonna rawk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Photography Studio

Seemingly Google+ is going to launch Google+ Pages for businesses, similar to a Facebook fan page. I think this will be definitely useful for all the photographers who own their own companies. Something to look into in the future!

Check this article out http://searchengineland.com/google-pages-coming-for-businesses-83985

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Been look at the G+ again.... anybody figure out how to reorder pics in an album?

Think you can do it in Picasa Web Albums - just edit an album and then drag them around. I could well be off on that but that's how I reorganised the pics that show up at the top of your profile page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭nilhg

Some nice photography stuff to be found on G+, daily themes are a good place to start.

http://ericleslie.com/guides/daily-photography-themes-googleplus/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Scott Kelby 10 tips for photographers about Google+

Advertisement