Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Universal Remote Contol - Any recommendations

• 22-09-2011 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

I didn't want to bump a 3 year old thead so I thought I'd start another one. MODS - please move if this is in the wrong forum.

I've been the lucky owner of a Harmony 880 for about 3 years now - but it has eventually given up the ghost. No amount of repairing / tweaking or voodoo will get this back to life - it's dead. end of.

Any way - i'm looking for a replacement. Price wise - I dont really want to spend anything more than $150 and anything will need to have at least what the 880 had. I'd really like a touchreen and RF would be a bonus. I need to control a Samsung TV / Samsung HI-FI / Samsung Blu - Ray and a WDTV. I know Samsung has Anynet - but it's crap and I'm sure my TV is not gonna last the year so I'll probably gonna go for another make. Same as my Hi-FI

Anybody got any recommendations?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well I use the Logitech Harmony 785. I have TV, satellite combi box, WDTV, surround sound, DVD player and a couple of others. I also got a cheap I-R remote for my PS3 and mapped the buttons to it as the remote doesn't have Bluetooth and I mapped my Media Centre PC remote to it also. Decent bit of kit. Can set up macros to turn on various devices at the same time etc and can setup little icons on the screen for the remote for different stations (I found this handy when I had NTL. Since you couldn't change the station order I setup macros for each station and the on-remote screen had little station logos)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Brompton

Hi, got the Philips Prestigo a couple of years ago. Very intuitive. Easy to programme, works on most devices. Have a Samsung LED, UPC DVR, Samsung Blu Ray, Sony Surround Sound. Works a treat. Would highly recommend.

Advertisement