Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lisence plate bulb

• 23-09-2011 1:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi the light from my number plate bulb is very dull, is there any special bulbs i can get to make it brighter? like them LED bulbs, btw its a w5w single bulb:)

dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Hi the light from my number plate bulb is very dull, is there any special bulbs i can get to make it brighter? like them LED bulbs, btw its a w5w single bulb:)

dave

You want 501 s. You can get them for plate lights abstract they look quite cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

MugMugs wrote: »
    You want 501 s. You can get them for plate lights abstract they look quite cool.

kool wud they fit into my w5w displacement? if so where to get them:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

Any decent place that sells car accessories should have those LED bulbs, other than that they're easily got of the internet. W5W/501 are the same thing anyway

_Conrad_ wrote: »
    Any decent place that sells car accessories should have those LED bulbs, other than that they're easily got of the internet. W5W/501 are the same thing anyway

thanks mate threw one in today:) not the greatest as theres only one bulb over the plate:/ itll do though lol:)

thanks
    evryone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Those cheap LED "capsule" type bulbs you buy on ebay are a waist of money imo. Had them myself in the past and they end up blowing a few weeks or months after fitting them. Quality ones are very expensive.

My advice is take out the number plate light fitting and see if it is the lense that is causing the dullness. I had this with a Focus a few years back and just replaced the lense, cheap enough too and made a huge difference fitted with a standard capsule bulb.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    Those cheap LED "capsule" type bulbs you buy on ebay are a waist of money imo. Had them myself in the past and they end up blowing a few weeks or months after fitting them. Quality ones are very expensive.

My advice is take out the number plate light fitting and see if it is the lense that is causing the dullness. I had this with a Focus a few years back and just replaced the lense, cheap enough too and made a huge difference fitted with a standard capsule bulb.

i cleaned my lense:) (with vinager lol) looks brand new, think its the fact theres only one bulb there, its not emitting anuff light to shine down on the plate itself:)

Advertisement