Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seen it before on the lcd tv . . .

Options
  • 23-09-2011 7:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

A purple LCD problem with my laptop, consumer electronics forum, no, comp & tech, yes, laptops, hmmm, maybe, Graphics, yes!

Here is a screen shot, it's purple, it's my LCD done and dusted right?

(The screen shot looks twice as bad / purple on my screen :D)

Edit: I am on work computer and I see that screen shot is fine!

kx9ux.jpg

Laptop between 9 and 10 months old bought from Lenovo. Should be fine for return and replace (of the monitor only would be nice?) but am not at same address anymore, hassle? i.e. no receipts and different country postal!

e350 for 9 months use; hassle of return or find cash for another cheap one . . . ?

Several questions in there; any useful answers to any of them will be useful. . . ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Your screen is likely fecked, the imagine displays fine.

The other possibility is a GPU failure right in the rasterization areas, but to the best of my knowledge screen capture pulls the screencap from the raster, so if it was a GPU error it would show up on the screen capture - and I've had a few GPU problems in my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭montreal2011

It comes and goes. I should take a camera shot, but it's basically the colour purple takes over most of the screen but is dependent on what is actually displayed. I was reading up on it and I have heard some say it could be a loose connection / wire. It hasn't happened in the last week, but when it does, either adjusting the angle of the monitor or simply shaking the laptop clears it!

Advertisement