Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mythic Tarot cards. Oponions please

• 23-09-2011 8:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a set of Mythic tarot cards and Im currently learning them. I was wondering what was peoples opinon of these deck of cards, good, bad,powerful, etc ?

I find them pretty good so far but im only learning.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Sounds like the set I have. Based on the greek myths? Lovely illustrations, very detailed and easy to work with. The cards are not powerful at all, though. :) The 'power' (I prefer effectiveness) of the cards comes from the interpretation. You could use playing cards or top trumps and still get a good reading from them. But the mythic ones are very easy to read, and to find a narrative in.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

I've seen that deck and it is very attractive, but again the cards are just your focus; you could read playing cards if trained to it. I've just ordered a set of really lovely "Cat's Eye Tarot" because I'm a cat person - but this is why Oracle cards of all sorts work too.

Good cards (and systems) simply give a focus to your own inner abilities, though some systems make this a lot easier than others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

hi oryx,

Forgive my igorance but what do ya mean when you say cards are not powerful ??

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The cards are just cards. Paper and ink. There is no mystery or power held within them. :) I know of readers who won't let their cards be touched as they are 'charged' and I have heard of people who don't want tarot cards in the house because they are somehow bad. But to me the cards have no power and can not be charged or discharged by being held. I dislike any beliefs like that which cultivate fear and mystery like that. Readers can interpret pictures on the cards and get good readings from them. Its does not make them or the cards powerful. Thats my take on it, anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Sounds like a good approach. I defo agree with ya where some readers do a bit of bullshi**ing about the cards and the power. It is all down the ability of the reader. Too many cons out there now and giving the honest and gifted people a very bad name.:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement