Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don Baker at "Dunfest"

Options
  • 23-09-2011 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Great free gig last night. He can really make that harmonica talk! (His rendition of the "Sar-kicker" intro from "The Old Grey Whistle Test" was just sensational.) And he had excellent musicians with him on stage...for me, the highlight of the Dunshaughlin Harvest Festival so far, although this weekend looks promising also.
    One thing about last night, though, was the audience...a lot of people coming and going during the gig, which didn't do justice to Don and his band. At one point, one of the guys on stage had to encourage people to come towards the stage. "Come on", he said, "you're miles away!".
    So I felt a little embarrassed as a local that they may look back on the Dunshaughlin gig as one where they they got a luke-warm response.
    But as far as my wife and I are concerned, they have at least two new fans and I'll be looking out for their gigs in future.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I was walking my dog around the town yesterday eve and there was a great buzz about the place, makes a change as its usually dead.

The music was great but i didnt stay long as had the dog with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

I missed that gig last night being a midweek gig an all. Where did he play? Arch bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No it was an outdoor gig, opposite the village grill in behind the buildings there.
    Theres another gig tonight. Brush Shields and Shaken Edge are playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

andreac wrote: »
    No it was an outdoor gig, opposite the village grill in behind the buildings there.
    Theres another gig tonight. Brush Shields and Shaken Edge are playing.

Cheers Andreac, going to check it out for sure with my Daughter.

Advertisement