Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda Jazz or Ford Fiesta

• 23-09-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

of the 2 (Jazz 1.4 EX or Fiesta Titanium) which is the better option?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

New or second hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Jazz if buying new....

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

My wife has been driving an '05 Jazz 1.4 SE for the last two years. no surprises except the engine mgmt light comes on once in a while with an error code that's linked to the throttle body. It would cost about 600 plus fitting and VAT for the replacement so seen as it's not stopping the car running we just clear the code when it happens and leave it at that. Hada a look aver on fit freek and fit club (jazz owners clubs) and it's not an uncommon problem.

Plenty of room and car feels solid handling wise but paint finish wouldn't be fantastic.

But if going new after having driven a new fiesta back in July i would seriously consider the new fiesta as it feels really grown up over older models whereas i think the 09 onwards jazz is really just a facelift of the older one.

You'd need to test drive them back to back really. Might be worth hiring one for a day or weekend to judge.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The Honda Jazz is built like a brick outhouse. My other half has one for six years and it has never given a day of trouble. The back is incredibly versatile, we have even got a fridge in the back with the boot closed.

If you want a no nonsense car that will start at every turn of the key then go for the Jazz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

Tabnabs wrote: »
    If you want a no nonsense car that will start at every turn of the key then go for the Jazz.

???

What is it about honda owners? I had a guy in work (honda owner) tell me (in a hushed voice) that his car starts first time every morning... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Because their owners find Honda a byword for reliability?

Advertisement