Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Other Discussions here.

• 23-09-2011 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

TL;DR
    1. Do you hate Islam?
    2. Will your question likely offend or you are incapable of wording in such a way it won't?

If you answered yes to either of these questions, please read the rules below.

Introduction
    Some boards.ie users felt that they should be allowed to post what they want in relation to Islam. This has had issues of offending users and generating negative traffic to this forum.

While we believe no one should be silenced from asking a question, at the same time we want the forum to not have to be continual responses to attacks on persons faith. Especially where it is obvious that the people asking the question have little interest in Islam.

To that end this thread is to allow those people to voice those questions.

Rules
    1. Find a related forum where you wish to discuss the topic and create a thread. (Or the topic is currently ongoing, make a note of the thread). Note: Only boards.ie links will be allowed.

2. Post in this thread a link to that thread and 1-2 lines max explaining what the thread is about. Please be mindful when composing the explanation. Posting any explanation which in itself is offensive may be modified by the moderators.

3. Please do not post the same thread over and over. Doing this will get the further links deleted.

4. Any other posts other then what is laid out above will be deleted. So do not respond to posts here, only in the linked threads.

Why this way?
    The reason for this approach is from looking at "mega dump" type threads that other forums have adopted, they turned into a mess of multiple subjects and people felt they were being censored by the noise. This way peoples requests are in their own threads.

FINAL NOTE

If you are offended by any links in this thread, then please ignore this whole thread.
    Reported posts should happen on the linked threads and not here.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

The thread is titled "Anti-Islamic hate crimes up 50%. Who fuels the hate?" and it's purpose is to discuss the professional anti-Islam industry. It's in conspiracy theories so want be to everyones taste. Nevertheless I'd be delighted to hear from Muslims and non-Muslims in this thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056456371

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

I think Hobbes has favored us by creating this thread. ;)
    Then what did you mean by "A man is known by the company which he keeps"?
    It mean simple, if majority is bad then the minority will automatically considered as bad.. It doesn't matter whether the the minority is good.. You are honest but you wander with punks, you will be considered as punk-- Right.. Majority of atheist are selfish? It makes minority selfish...
    What doctrine are you talking about?
    The doctrine of "no Hell" -- The doctrine of no fear -- Right these doctrines create selfishness in mind... The doctrine that we product of random chances --- It makes people sick -- Sick don't care about other lives...
    Who said this world is eternal and cruel?
    Are you not getting easy point, Some athiest believe this life is the only life.. There is no another life... So eat as much as you can in this life... Enjoy as much as you can.... Such doctrines create cruelty of hyenas... Such doctrine creates hunger in minds which surpass the hunger of hyenas.... If you control a mind through sickness, the mind will automatically become sick..
    What makes you say oceanclub is selfish?
    I can smell selfishness in his post.
    Atheism has no universal doctrine. Some atheists believe this world is all they get, but some atheists (eg atheist buddhists etc.) and believe in reincarnation and whatnot. You are trying to support an ignorant generalisation with more more ignorant generalisations.
    Looks like sectarian thoughts..
    You are trying to support an ignorant generalisation with more more ignorant generalisations.
    I am speaking the truth
    But what makes them not selfish if atheism has this doctrine and genes of selfishness and cruelty? Could it be that you making this all up, and that some people are just nice and some people are just jerks, regardless of what they do or do not believe in?[/QUOTE]
    i think, i have given answer above..

oceanclub wrote: »
    We give to several charities every month,
    Wasted charities, Wasted Month -- Ocean club stop deluding yourself.. You won't get ticket to heaven by doing this.. See you wasted charties of no use to the world... The world is still filled with pain/hunger... Are you charities reaching the people who really deserved it.. I once spent a week a in Africa... It was a hell hole..
    9a1ca9_e6bd88e91c20602db2f7cfb378b508d9.jpg_128
    If your charities don't reach these people then you are wasted with your charties... Ocean club you're selfish in giving charities also.. Because there is selfishness in your beliefs, I hope one day your kind will find the truth... The truth which i have seen with my own eyes..
    oceanclub wrote: »
    . What exactly do you do for others?
    I don't build empty wonders for others.

It might also explain why many atheist people believe that making this world a better place is of primary importance, while many religious people believe that suffering in this world is of no consequence (whether their own suffering, or that of others) because things will be better in the next world.
    There is emptiness and hollowness in your word.. You see the bold font, Inorder to make this world a better place, you burn the feeling of others, Burnz.. Do you think it will make this world a better place... NO! The world is like a huge tinder box and you are going to light the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

dead one wrote: »
    It mean simple, if majority is bad then the minority will automatically considered as bad.. It doesn't matter whether the the minority is good.. You are honest but you wander with punks, you will be considered as punk-- Right.. Majority of atheist are selfish? It makes minority selfish...

I asked are atheists selfish because they hang out with other atheists. First you said no, now you say yes. Can you make up your mind?
    The doctrine of "no Hell" -- The doctrine of no fear -- Right these doctrines create selfishness in mind... The doctrine that we product of random chances --- It makes people sick -- Sick don't care about other lives...

"No hell" is not a doctrine, no more than "the sky is blue" is a doctrine. Doctrine is a system of beliefs and rules. Atheists may believe there is no hell, but that believe is arrived at for many different reasons, and no implied rules exist because of that belief. For most atheists, a lack of hell is no obstruction to being good and selfless, mostly because we usually look at the consequences of our actions in terms of what happens on earth, not what will happen after. We don't need fear of hell to compel us to do good, even though you seem to be implying that you do.
    Are you not getting easy point, Some athiest believe this life is the only life.. There is no another life... So eat as much as you can in this life... Enjoy as much as you can.... Such doctrines create cruelty of hyenas... Such doctrine creates hunger in minds which surpass the hunger of hyenas.... If you control a mind through sickness, the mind will automatically become sick..

Non sequitor. Most atheist probably do believe this is our only world and life, and most will want to make the most of it. But that doesn't mean that they end up cruel, just taking what they want, when they want. Do I need to fish out the statistics on the percentage of atheists in prisons versus other theists? Or the quality of life in atheist-majority countries?
    I can smell selfishness in his post.

:confused: What are you talking about? can you answer my question?
    Looks like sectarian thoughts..

Sectarian thoughts :confused::confused:? Seriously, is this the direction the discussion is going in?
    I am speaking the truth

No, you are making a generalisation (that believing this world is all there is implies support of cruelty to get what you want) to support a generalisation (atheists are selfish, even just by association with atheism)
    i think, i have given answer above..

Not really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Wasted charities, Wasted Month -- Ocean club stop deluding yourself.. You won't get ticket to heaven by doing this.. See you wasted charties of no use to the world... The world is still filled with pain/hunger... Are you charities reaching the people who really deserved it.. I once spent a week a in Africa... It was a hell hole..
    9a1ca9_e6bd88e91c20602db2f7cfb378b508d9.jpg_128
    If your charities don't reach these people then you are wasted with your charties...

Wait, so we have atheists who give to charities and we have theists who give to charities. Despite these good acts, there is still suffering in parts of the world. But that is the atheists charities fault/ failure? Its got nothing to do with the inherent difficulty of helping people in these areas (that both types of charities must face, otherwise either or both types would have fixed the problems)?
    Ocean club you're selfish in giving charities also.. Because there is selfishness in your beliefs, I hope one day your kind will find the truth... The truth which i have seen with my own eyes..

Its kind of sad how much you want it to be true that atheists are selfish. How you try to turn anything they do, any form of charity, into an act of selfish.
    I don't build empty wonders for others.

So nothing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Pretty sure at this stage that dead one is a troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think Hobbes has favored us by creating this thread. ;)

It was a group mod decision, not mine alone. Although the first post mentions not to have your discussions in this thread (as they are liable to be deleted).

Advertisement