Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC, amaze me again

Options
  • 23-09-2011 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭

Rang UPC this morning to upgrade one of my additional Digital points to Digital+ as I could not do it online.

When I got through to Sales they told me they would have to charge me a once off cost of €20 if the order was not placed online or I could ring there online Technical support team to see if they could help, I asked for the number for Tech support & guess what the Rep. didn't know it :eek:

What sort of company are UPC that they cannot transfer you or don't even have contact details for other Department in there company.

They must have the worst customer support in Division in the world. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

No excuse for the way the UPC call agent screwed you around but you have the terminology wrong, what you are looking for is called multiroom and you can order it online .. http://www.upc.ie/television/mrv/

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

There a disgrace I called them 3 times today and they cut me off each time after being on Hold over 20 mins! Emailed them in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

smyths wrote: »
    There a disgrace I called them 3 times today and they cut me off each time after being on Hold over 20 mins! Emailed them in the end.
    Best thing to do is send them a message on twitter.. They will then get back to you by phone that same day gauranteed.. This twitter way is the only way to get what you need for them as I like you had many phonecalls over the last 5 weeks till I tweeted them and now it's all sorted @UPC_HelpsYou_IE

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

smyths wrote: »
    Best thing to do is send them a message on twitter.. They will then get back to you by phone that same day gauranteed.. This twitter way is the only way to get what you need for them as I like you had many phonecalls over the last 5 weeks till I tweeted them and now it's all sorted @UPC_HelpsYou_IE
    +1 for Twitter. Always get a quick response from UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

While thats good to know, its crazy the company is so disjointed with its support mechanisms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

coylemj wrote: »
    No excuse for the way the UPC call agent screwed you around but you have the terminology wrong, what you are looking for is called multiroom and you can order it online .. http://www.upc.ie/television/mrv/

It won't let me updgrade online from Digital to Digital+......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

celticbest wrote: »
    It won't let me updgrade online from Digital to Digital+......
    Are you sure you're trying on the correct page?

Upgrade your Digital TV by adding our Digital+ service for just €3.75 extra a month. Order online and choose to connect the service yourself whilst placing your order and we’ll connect you for free.

http://www.upc.ie/television/digitalplus/

jeckle wrote: »

Upgrade your Digital TV by adding our Digital+ service for just €3.75 extra a month. Order online and choose to connect the service yourself whilst placing your order and we’ll connect you for free.

Thanks I'll give that link a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I will never touch UPC ever again!

I recently wanted to disconnect my broadband - it took 5 phonecalls and 3 letters to them, (the last one was registered - they denied receiving the first two letters) just to get the bb disconnected.

I then decided to switch to another TV provider - so had to make 4 phone calls just to get the postal address to disconnect the full service.

I registered a letter to them last Thursday 22nd Sept. They have obviously received it as today, I have received FOUR PHONECALLS with four voicemails, telling me they need to pick up all their equipment. They'll get it back when I'm good and ready to answer the phone to them:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Any harm to ask why you are dropping the broadband? Is it not far and away the best broadband you can get in this fair land?

• Advertisement

It's a mixture of the cost factor and the dreadful customer service from upc - I just wanted to get rid of everything from them- I've gotten a dongle from meteor and top up by 20e per month. We only use broadband for youtube etc in our house...the service I'm getting from the dongle is as good as the upc service...and I don't have to deal with their customer service reps!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I know how you feel I've been tempted to do the same thing many times and take the hit on the BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

It's scary seeing so many people having trouble with upc cs.. I've only had to call them once regarding no connection.. Was informed there was an outage and will be back shortly.. It was back up within the hour..

Then received a call the next day just to see if the connection was ok or if i had any other problems..

I hope i don't get any of the reps you guys seem to get!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭odyboody

Its the way of the internet.
    you get good service you might tell your friends.
    You get bad service you tell everyone!!

Thanks I'll give that link a try.

The link allows me to change to Digital+ but they are charging me €3.75 on top of the €8.49 I already pay for an extra point which equals €12.24 for an extra point with digital+ instead of €8.75 as advertised on there website.

http://www.upc.ie/television/mrv/

As this link doesn't state that it's for New Customers only which is the norm for UPC, I presumed I would not have any issue changing from Digital to Digital+ however it just seems impossible.........

I think I will cancel one of my additional Digital Points & pay the €10 downgrade charge & then look for Digital+ for €8.75.

My current TV charges are per below

UPCVBill.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

That's crazy! You'll still have to ring them to downgrade, maybe when you are doing that you might speak to someone who can help - you'd never know.

That's crazy! You'll still have to ring them to downgrade, maybe when you are doing that you might speak to someone who can help - you'd never know.

That's UPC, there.......AMAZING

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 phil.winston

Its terrible the way they tell you when you are signing up that to disconnect only costs €100 but when you want to disconnect its €100 PER SERVICE.

I let them know in graphical language how sneaky they are in their sales techniques:mad:

Just to say I got rid of them eventually - I went with sky for tv and bought the meteor dongle for internet - 39.99 to purchase and 20euro per month 'top-up' (got 20euro credit withe the 39.99 purchase).
    So far so good with both services:D

I only use the net for basic stuff - tend not to do much dowloading - so the meteor dongle is perfect and as quick as the upc connection - and no more unprofessional customer care staff!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

@ Celticbest. Are you still in your first year of your contract? If not, then play hardball & tell them you have an offer from Sky, and that you will cancel if they don't drop their ridiculous charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

The link allows me to change to Digital+ but they are charging me €3.75 on top of the €8.49 I already pay for an extra point which equals €12.24 for an extra point with digital+ instead of €8.75 as advertised on there website.

http://www.upc.ie/television/mrv/

As this link doesn't state that it's for New Customers only which is the norm for UPC, I presumed I would not have any issue changing from Digital to Digital+ however it just seems impossible.........

I think I will cancel one of my additional Digital Points & pay the €10 downgrade charge & then look for Digital+ for €8.75.

My current TV charges are per below

The €8.50 per month price is the old multiroom price, just ring customer service and they will change it to €5 per month for you. The can sell you the Digi Plus box as well.

Advertisement