Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a problem with boards mobile?

Options
  • 23-09-2011 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

In the past few days I haven't been able to access boards on my mobile, I just keep getting the error message "Received a (sic) invalid response" Is there a problem with boards mobile at the moment or can anyone offer a solution?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Was just logging in to post a similar thread. I've been having problems getting into the mobile site as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

I am having the same problem with a Samsung Galaxy S on the Vodafone network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

m.boards? I use it most days and haven't had any errors at all (including today).
    I use it on a Nokia somethingorother - blackberry type phone.

I assume you've no other issues with any other sites?
    Maybe post up what type of phone / connection etc. you're using and hopefully someone might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Same here. I can get on using wifi but not 3g.
    What's the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭pmq71

I'm having the same problem since yesterday.

Works fine on my laptop but not on my HTC Android mobile. I've cleared the browser cache but still no joy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Can ye clarify if it's the touch.boards.ie or the m.boards.ie that ye are having issues with?
    (Just might help the guys)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

same here. no problem with wifi but I get that invalid response when I am on 3 g.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I got the same earlier on Vodafone. I've definitely seen it before, but it was when Vodafone couldn't connect to any sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Just wondering if there is any update on this problem? I've the same problem- it's on the full and mobile site. I use an iPhone 4. It works fine on wifi, and I don't have a problem with any other sites.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

sam34 wrote: »
    same here. no problem with wifi but I get that invalid response when I am on 3 g.

Exact same problem as me.. fine on Wi-Fi but on VF 3G i get the error

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Also its m.boards.ie dont use touch that much

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

There's a thread about this in the Vodafone forum as well: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056282785
    Seems to be an issue on VFs side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

OP here, I'm on Vodafone too so seems to have been an issue with them, I say have because it has resolved it's self, for me anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

This happened a few months ago too. I contacted Vodafone via Twitter and they sorted it out. Definitely a problem on their end, which in fairness to them they sorted out quick enough that time. Not sure why it happens, but I'd suggest contacting them there (presuming you still can't get on Boards to contact them here) if it happens again. Once in a while is probably just an error. Most of the time over a day or two suggests fault.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Looks like it's been identified as being a fault on VF's side so nothing we can do about it here.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement