Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Pings

Options
  • 23-09-2011 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

Hi Tony,

Thanks for all your help the past few weeks, looks like I'll have to wait until eircom fibre hits my area. In the meanwhile could you do me one HUGE favour and try and help me with my connection. My ping is 95ms on both the eircom speedtest and speedtest.net, could you check my connection and see if the pings can be reduced, I use to get pings of 50ms and I think someone has changed the interleaving.

"eircom launched a new broadband product today called eircom Home Advanced which has broadband speeds of up to 7Mbps downstream and 384Kbps upstream with a special configuration of high interleaving downstream and low interleaving upstream to improve gaming performance."

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055393060

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

DonJose wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for all your help the past few weeks, looks like I'll have to wait until eircom fibre hits my area. In the meanwhile could you do me one HUGE favour and try and help me with my connection. My ping is 95ms on both the eircom speedtest and speedtest.net, could you check my connection and see if the pings can be reduced, I use to get pings of 50ms and I think someone has changed the interleaving.

"eircom launched a new broadband product today called eircom Home Advanced which has broadband speeds of up to 7Mbps downstream and 384Kbps upstream with a special configuration of high interleaving downstream and low interleaving upstream to improve gaming performance."

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055393060

Hi Don Jose
    of course. I have escalated this to broadband tech support to see what can be done on this issue and should have feedback later today.

The link you provide is from 2008 and this package has been superceeded since then. For a full list of speeds and upload speeds see this link
    will update you as soon as I can.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Thanks Tony, I understand that package might not be available but I just wanted to highlight that it is possible to reduce the pings by "a special configuration of high interleaving downstream and low interleaving upstream to improve gaming performance".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

DonJose wrote: »
    Thanks Tony, I understand that package might not be available but I just wanted to highlight that it is possible to reduce the pings by "a special configuration of high interleaving downstream and low interleaving upstream to improve gaming performance".

yes sort of though that DonJose ;) This is what I have asked tech support to check, though on your current line and current package. Hope to have some good news.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

yes sort of though that DonJose ;) This is what I have asked tech support to check, though on your current line and current package. Hope to have some good news.
    Tony

Tony I'm on the "up to" 8Mb Next Gen Broadband Regular package, I choose this package to avail of the unlimited download allowance.

Advertisement