Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

It's called passata and its meant to be free a girl In my group is saying? I just want to use the sauce as a pizza base on a wrap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

ja1986 wrote: »
    It's called passata and its meant to be free a girl In my group is saying? I just want to use the sauce as a pizza base on a wrap

Yep passata and tomato puree and tinned tomatoes are all free, I always check the ingredients list for oil just in case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ah yes. Passata is free and so are tins of tomatoes. Just be careful with those other sauces like dolmio etc as they ate all Hugh in syns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Down 4lbs today, so so happy, was only half a pound away from breaking into the 16stone mark. Total loss 1stone 10lbs, really happy. I think my walking everyday is my trigger, also loads of melon. Looking forward to breaking the 16 stone next week, never again want to see 17 or 18!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

andreac wrote: »
    Ah yes. Passata is free and so are tins of tomatoes. Just be careful with those other sauces like dolmio etc as they ate all Hugh in syns.
    i normally put a couple of sweetner tablets into the passata it sweetens it up a bit;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I am absolutely delighted tonight!! Lost 3 lbs tonight, I have lost 1st 6.5 lbs on Slimming World (in 2 months) and in total since I decided to lose weight, it makes 3 stone 4 lbs so far

I'm so upset I joined slimming world tues and iv been sticking to the plan 100% but curiousity got the better of me and I weighted today in boots. It said I'm down only half a pound. Although it did say I was 5 ft 7 when I'm only 5 ft 5. Think I just need to wait for slimming world scales. Can anyone give me a receipe for sw pizza? I have the wraps bfree from dunnes do I grill this with purée? How much syns for cheese topping? Thanks 😀

ja1986 wrote: »
    I'm so upset I joined slimming world tues and iv been sticking to the plan 100% but curiousity got the better of me and I weighted today in boots. It said I'm down only half a pound. Although it did say I was 5 ft 7 when I'm only 5 ft 5. Think I just need to wait for slimming world scales. Can anyone give me a receipe for sw pizza? I have the wraps bfree from dunnes do I grill this with purée? How much syns for cheese topping? Thanks 😀

Please please just stick to the one scales. You will always get diff readings on other scales. When is you next weigh in? Have you only joined a few days ago?

Sorry just noticed you said you joined Tuesday. So you still have another 4 days to go, so you could lose anything in those next few days.

Just stick with your scales at the class or one at home maybe if you really want to weigh yourself.

Im actually 2 lbs heavier on the SW scales than my scales at home.

I know! I was just so nosey! It kinda deflated me so I feel like eating everything, I just made an omelette to tide me over. Thanks for the receipe.
    That bloody fry lite is ruining my pan

• Advertisement

Just make sure you are having your 1/3 superfree with every meal. Make sure you count your syns properly too and that you weigh/measure your Healthy A & B extras right as well.

Yeah ive heard people saying that about the frylite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Why are weekends so hard in regards to following a healthy eating programme/sw... I'm good all week but then the lazy Chinese in front of xfactor happens cuddled up on the couch with himself.. And then a bag of minstrels :(

Now for the Chinese I had a quarter of the tray of sweet and sour Chinese and fried rice and 3 prawn crackers, so I guess I could have been worse? I need to now pull back, and not let the whole weekend be a disaster.. In fairness I'd a healthy brunch so I wasn't too bad!

Does anybody else get weekends like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

m'lady wrote: »
    Why are weekends so hard in regards to following a healthy eating programme/sw... I'm good all week but then the lazy Chinese in front of xfactor happens cuddled up on the couch with himself.. And then a bag of minstrels :(

Now for the Chinese I had a quarter of the tray of sweet and sour Chinese and fried rice and 3 prawn crackers, so I guess I could have been worse? I need to now pull back, and not let the whole weekend be a disaster.. In fairness I'd a healthy brunch so I wasn't too bad!

Does anybody else get weekends like this?

I'm exactly the same don't know what I should be having for my sweet tooth v hard. I just joined friday..

bewhiched wrote: »
    I'm exactly the same don't know what I should be having for my sweet tooth v hard. I just joined friday..

What do you normally like for your sweet tooth?

m'lady wrote: »
    What do you normally like for your sweet tooth?

oh god picnic bars jaffa cakes anything really that's my downfall sweet tooth..... some people are savoury im sweet killer....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I have a serious sweet tooth and I bought the Slimming world rocky road bars at group for the first time last week,they're gorgeous!!!

Try making the sw ferrero rocher. They are fab and really good for the choc fix.

So many sw recipes out there to choose from and it's all about planning.
    Have your Sw fry at the weekends to fill you up too.

Oh curly wurlys are only 6 syns.

oh god picnic bars jaffa cakes anything really that's my downfall sweet tooth..... some people are savoury im sweet killer....

Yup I'm the same, savoury doesn't do much for me at all, give me chocolate any day! I found last time I did sw having a big fruit salad at the time I'd want munchies helped me a bit..

Actually does anyone know if the new 'muller whipped Greek style bliss corner' yogurts are syn free? I highly doubt it, they are gorgeous.

Just checked the app. The strawberry and raspberry ones are 4.5 syns and the lemon one is 6.

And I work in a CHOCOLATE FACTORY ladies soooo tempting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

Anyone know if smoked haddock that I cooked in a grill has any syns? It's fish from the fish counter :) thanks!!!

martinak89 wrote: »
    Anyone know if smoked haddock that I cooked in a grill has any syns? It's fish from the fish counter :) thanks!!!

Yep smoked haddock is free.

Well I broke my resolve in style yesterday for a family wedding, chocolate fondant and gin are free foods, right? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

dee_mc wrote: »
    Yep smoked haddock is free.

Well I broke my resolve in style yesterday for a family wedding, chocolate fondant and gin are free foods, right? :P

Not only are they free, they're superspeed!!!:):) IF ONLY!

Gee_G wrote: »
    Not only are they free, they're superspeed!!!:):) IF ONLY!

Maybe not superspeed but totally worth it once in a blue moon! At least I got in some 'body magic', danced me little socks off!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

See Slimming World have announced they are starting to make frozen dinners for Iceland?

http://group.slimmingworld.com/useful-features/iceland-news.aspx

So to help you at those times when you really need a quick option, we’re in the final stages of creating some new meals that we believe will be the very best slimming meals available – packed with premium quality Free Food, surprisingly filling, incredibly healthy and wonderfully delicious, great value and in generous portion sizes. They’ll be of a quality and value you’d expect from Slimming World – the best!

Probably a good move (despite there only being 6 Iceland stores in Ireland), but having started less than 2 weeks ago, I thought the whole point was to make food prep a part of your life, and not depend on convenience food!

Enjoying the plan so far, and lost 6.5lb on my first weigh in! :D:D:D

mejulie805 wrote: »
    I thought the whole point was to make food prep a part of your life, and not depend on convenience food!

Ah yeah but to be fair they do address exactly that point: 'So to help you at those times when you really need a quick option'
    If I'd had one of those meals in the freezer last night I would've gladly eaten it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Sometimes I work 12 hour shifts so I would happily use a SW frozen meal in those occasions. They are not meant for daily use. I hope the portion sizes are decent. :)

I think they could be handy at those awkward times when your not organised, it could stop people from reaching for the takeaway menu! I know there are definitely times when I'm not organised or maybe not arsed cooking!

I'd say they will be very like the weight watcher meals, where you need to bulk them up with veg..

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I'm not against them-far from it! I'm still new to it and just thought it wasn't very slimming world-y! Road trips to Iceland when they're out!

• Advertisement

Has anyone heard anything about the new muller bliss Greek style yogurts, how many syns etc? They are gorgeous but if they are high in syns I'll be leaving them out of my trolley this week!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement