Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,258 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

mejulie805 wrote: »
    I'm not against them-far from it! I'm still new to it and just thought it wasn't very slimming world-y! Road trips to Iceland when they're out!

Sure if you've time for a road trip you've time to cook :D

I'd be interesting in hearing more about these restaurants/take aways that have SW friendly menus though. Any in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

mejulie805 wrote: »
    I'm not against them-far from it! I'm still new to it and just thought it wasn't very slimming world-y! Road trips to Iceland when they're out!

If they do a nice tomato based Indian curry I'll be interested too :)
    I never make curries because someone else in the house hates the smell, so a ready meal without the syns would be the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

m'lady wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about the new muller bliss Greek style yogurts, how many syns etc? They are gorgeous but if they are high in syns I'll be leaving them out of my trolley this week!

I posted about this few posts back. The Strawberry and Raspberry are 4.5 syns and the Lemon is 6 syns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

andreac wrote: »
    I posted about this few posts back. The Strawberry and Raspberry are 4.5 syns and the Lemon is 6 syns.

Wow!! Thanks you, I'll be not getting them so.

Sorry Andreac, only copped that u originally answered my question the other day.

Dodge wrote: »
    Sure if you've time for a road trip you've time to cook :D

I'd be interesting in hearing more about these restaurants/take aways that have SW friendly menus though. Any in Dublin?

I was looking for that very thing a few weeks back, although my trip to Dublin didn't happen! I found a mention of City North hotel having a few SW options, and a Chinese restaurant in Navan (China Garden), but nothing in the city centre. Wonder if that's changed? Would make eating out really simple!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I'm dreading weigh in tomorrow! Ive no illusions that i might have lost any weight, I've eaten everything in sight this weekend! Have been swimming 5 times in the last week though so I'm hoping that might save me from a major gain. I need a serious kick up the bum to get me back following the plan and counting my syns again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Personally speaking, I seem to lose more weight when I don't exercise and I just focus on food, so that is what I am doing!

I have had no takeaways in over 2 months (a new record for me!), I don't eat pasta, potatoes or bread very often, seems to work for me. I am trying to up the water this week.

I really love the SW plan :)

Vahevala wrote: »
    Personally speaking, I seem to lose more weight when I don't exercise and I just focus on food, so that is what I am doing!

I have had no takeaways in over 2 months (a new record for me!), I don't eat pasta, potatoes or bread very often, seems to work for me. I am trying to up the water this week.

I really love the SW plan :)

Just curious Vahevala, what do u eat in place of potatoes and pasta?

m'lady wrote: »
    Just curious Vahevala, what do u eat in place of potatoes and pasta?

I was never a huge potato fan, I have things like carrots (eat a lot of them!), broccoli, peas and tend to eat a lot of chicken, turkey. I find things like pasta hard to digest and too heavy.

I was never a huge potato fan, I have things like carrots (eat a lot of them!), broccoli, peas and tend to eat a lot of chicken, turkey. I find things like pasta hard to digest and too heavy.

Only getting to reply now. I would quite like you as in not a major potato fan, but generally replace it with rice or pasta. Might try going a day or two without them to see if it would shift things!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

:)

our sw rep says the same... i.e. you shouldnt excercise when on sw.. as if you do the weight loss is not consistent.. he says you are better off waiting until you lose the weight and then go gym....

Anyone else found this to be the case?

our sw rep says the same... i.e. you shouldnt excercise when on sw.. as if you do the weight loss is not consistent.. he says you are better off waiting until you lose the weight and then go gym....

I've been to a couple of different leaders in the past and they always promoted exercise, I personally think it's the healthier way to lose weight if you can manage exercise, even a few walks. However, I've a back injury and can sometimes find it difficult to get out sometimes, and I've followed the plan and I've never seen a difference in my losses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Just came across this - Didn't realise SW existed here! Does anyone know of a meeting in Cork (preferably the city) or can point me in the direction of more info?

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

Just came across this - Didn't realise SW existed here! Does anyone know of a meeting in Cork (preferably the city) or can point me in the direction of more info?

Hi!

If you follow this link you should be able to find the most convenient group for you

http://www.slimmingworld.ie/joining-...est-group.aspx

Personally speaking, I tried to do fitness DVDs and only lost 1/2 lb, focused on the food and lost 3 lbs, I am losing inches anyway, I started in Size 26 trousers, now in size 20 trousers, started in size 24 tops and now in size 20 :)

I will stick to what I am doing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Redo22

I missed my weigh in last week and the time doesn't suit me for this week either. Does anyone know if I can go to a different group after missing a week and do I pay that group for the two weeks or pay for the missing week in my own class next week?

Redo22 wrote: »
    I missed my weigh in last week and the time doesn't suit me for this week either. Does anyone know if I can go to a different group after missing a week and do I pay that group for the two weeks or pay for the missing week in my own class next week?

I think you can go to another group but you will have to pay the back week there, as the visiting group cant authorise holidays etc. But yes you can go to a visiting group and pay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wonder78

Hi - am new to the world of SW and just wondered if someone would mind seeing if I'm doing this right - got a bit confused with all of the lists!!

Breakfast: Blueberries with a Danone fat free yoghurt and an aldi harvest morn breakfast bar (1/2 HEB)

Lunch: Scrambled egg, mushrooms and beans on one slice of brennans wholemeal (3 syns) and half teaspoon butter for eggs/mushrooms (1 syn?). 1/2 HEA milk allowance for the eggs (other half for tea)

Dinner: Tin of tuna in brine mixed with fat free fromage frais and level tspn of extra light mayo (.5 syn), sweetcorn, 5 baby potatoes and large green salad (rocket, spinach, tomato and spring onion - no dressing)

Snack: hartleys sugar free jelly (.5 syn) plus Danone fat free yoghurt and blueberries and meringue nest (2.5 syns). The other Aldi harvest morn bar with tea (1/2 HEB)

It seems like an awful lot of food so would welcome advice from the experts here!

wonder78 wrote: »
    Hi - am new to the world of SW and just wondered if someone would mind seeing if I'm doing this right - got a bit confused with all of the lists!!

Breakfast: Blueberries with a Danone fat free yoghurt and an aldi harvest morn breakfast bar (1/2 HEB)

Lunch: Scrambled egg, mushrooms and beans on one slice of brennans wholemeal (3 syns) and half teaspoon butter for eggs/mushrooms (1 syn?). 1/2 HEA milk allowance for the eggs (other half for tea)

Dinner: Tin of tuna in brine mixed with fat free fromage frais and level tspn of extra light mayo (.5 syn), sweetcorn, 5 baby potatoes and large green salad (rocket, spinach, tomato and spring onion - no dressing)

Snack: hartleys sugar free jelly (.5 syn) plus Danone fat free yoghurt and blueberries and meringue nest (2.5 syns). The other Aldi harvest morn bar with tea (1/2 HEB)

It seems like an awful lot of food so would welcome advice from the experts here!

Sounds good! I'd skip the butter and use frylight instead but if it's worth the syn to you you might choose to keep the butter. If you're still hungry after dinner don't be afraid to add a few more baby potatoes.
    It does seem like a lot of food (I think everyone says that when they start, it becomes normal very quickly!) but it's all about eating the low calorie, low density stuff that keeps you full and therefore makes it easier to avoid the fatty, sugary, low energy density (bad value calories as I call them). My group leader tells us lots of peoples bodies are in 'starvation mode' and so hang on to every calorie taken in. From my own point of view, eating more of the good stuff is definitely a more positive and successful approach than focusing on eating less of the bad stuff, if that makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wonder78

Thanks dee_mc for the quick reply! That's ok so.... couldn't believe all the food I could eat!

• Advertisement

Thanks dee_mc for the quick reply! That's ok so.... couldn't believe all the food I could eat!

Don't let yourself get hungry!
    I know it sounds mental but it works :)

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Heyya there is one in Douglas by the briar rose. It's the only one closest to the city, or if ur Northside there is one in mayfield and Vienna woods.

Have my weigh in tonight but don't think ive lost anything. Its weird as ive prob had one of my best weeks food wise. But im putting it down to being a woman and hormones this week...

After having a big loss last week (4lbs) I knew I prob wouldn't have a big loss this week but ive been so good I should really be down a few lbs.
    If I can just even maintain ill be happy so im hoping it will show on the scales then next week.

I'll be missing my weigh in today because of work and a family thing, but back on plan since Monday. I don't feel any bigger but the weekend must have taken its toll!

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'll be missing my weigh in today because of work and a family thing, but back on plan since Monday. I don't feel any bigger but the weekend must have taken its toll!

Could you weigh in tomorrow somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Have my weigh in tonight but don't think ive lost anything. Its weird as ive prob had one of my best weeks food wise. But im putting it down to being a woman and hormones this week...

Don't worry I felt the exact same this week and was down 4lbs and I only stuck to the plan 5 days. U sound like uv done better than me! And I had "totm" which made me feel heavier. So do not get down. Be extra good today before weigh in :)

ja1986 wrote: »

Don't worry I felt the exact same this week and was down 4lbs and I only stuck to the plan 5 days. U sound like uv done better than me! And I had "totm" which made me feel heavier. So do not get down. Be extra good today before weigh in :)

Yeah I always go easy on weigh in day and try not have too many fluids. But I did weigh myself at home and its not looking great.

But I was up the week before my 4lb loss of 2 & 1/2 then lost the 4lbs last week so not going to worry too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,258 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Don't take this the wrong way but if you've ever tried another diet/scheme/plan/whatever it can take some getting used to being "allowed" unlimited pasta, rice, potatoes, chicken etc etc

In my group, men make bigger losses nearly all the time as they likely haven't tried before and come at it fresh.

Whereas people who have tried WW (or any other plan) literally can't believe they can eat so much.

Apologies for the generalisations (and probably sexist ones too)! My point is that enough people lose loads of weight if they stick to eating healthy, balanced food. The SW plan just provides a framework for that and as long as you eat enough superfree, you're good to go!

Could you weigh in tomorrow somewhere else?

I probably could but I'm going to leave it for this week, I'm on track anyway so I don't feel I need the motivation of going to group enough to seek out a different one!

• Advertisement

Well weigh in not too bad. Only up a half lb thank god. Def putting it down to retaining fluid and time of the month as I know it wasn't down to being bad with food.

Going to get stuck in with speed foods again this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement