Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wonder78

Agree totally. I had never been on a 'diet' before (I don't view SW as one) so just assumed it would restrictive. It's brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hbonbr

andreac wrote: »
    Just make sure you are having your 1/3 superfree with every meal. Make sure you count your syns properly too and that you weigh/measure your Healthy A & B extras right as well.

Yeah ive heard people saying that about the frylite.
    What's the problem with frylite?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

hbonbr wrote: »
    What's the problem with frylite?

It wrecks your pans. Grand on solid metal but it seems to corrode/build up on non-stick ones. I'm just using an old pan, won't be buying a more expensive one as long as frylight is part of the regime, which is probably always!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Had my weigh in yesterday and remained the same, I am fine with that as it the time of the month. I just so want to break into the 16 stone mark, bring on next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Had my weigh in yesterday and remained the same, I am fine with that as it the time of the month. I just so want to break into the 16 stone mark, bring on next week :)

Best of luck :)

I think if I lose 2lbs tonight, I will get my Club 10 :D It will be my 9th week and so far, I have lost every week... please let tonight be the same!

Do you get a free week for the Club 10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 tito1212

Vahevala wrote: »
    Best of luck :)

I think if I lose 2lbs tonight, I will get my Club 10 :D It will be my 9th week and so far, I have lost every week... please let tonight be the same!

Do you get a free week for the Club 10?

Yes after 10 weeks once you either maintain your club 10 weight or continue to lose :) Good luck for tonight .

I broke out of the rut i was in and luckily lost 2.5lb this week , i was thrilled . Long may the losses continue .

Good luck to all who have yet to weigh in

Silly question, but what is club 10?

I'm not staying for the classes afterwards, our leader has left and have a new girl till dec, she is ok, but there are 3 women in the class that just hog the whole class. Really annoying. Just go to weigh in now.

Silly question, but what is club 10?

I'm not staying for the classes afterwards, our leader has left and have a new girl till dec, she is ok, but there are 3 women in the class that just hog the whole class. Really annoying. Just go to weigh in now.

It is when you have lost 10% of your body weight. I find the classes motivational and really fun. That's a shame :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

but there are 3 women in the class that just hog the whole class. Really annoying. Just go to weigh in now.

God that would drive me insane. Does your leader have another time that you could go? Our leader has 5 classes on a Monday and we're free to choose which one we go to. I really enjoy my class as there's normally about 15 people there so she has lots of time to spend with us all. She also has a private Facebook group which I avoid like the plague as there are a few people that takeover the whole thing posting pictures of every single thing they've eaten and drank all day everyday. I don't mind that in moderation but literally it's everyday This is why I much prefer hanging out on this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I don't think you get a free week for your club 10. I know once you get to target then you don't pay for classes once you stay within target range of 3 lbs up or down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I feel your pain. Every week my class turns into a Q&A session about the syns in different types of sausages from the same people who don't know how to use the syns calculator/google. It's infuriating, I only stay for class now if i have a sticker to get.

If anyone is interested, Brianan who lost 20 stone was on Ireland AM today

http://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/184/87153/1/Ireland-AM

So inspiring.

dee_mc wrote: »
    It wrecks your pans. Grand on solid metal but it seems to corrode/build up on non-stick ones. I'm just using an old pan, won't be buying a more expensive one as long as frylight is part of the regime, which is probably always!

Thanks for the information. I haven't noticed any damage or build up on my non stick pans, but I will keep an eye out. Like yourself, I will have to stick (!) with it. I notice there are other brands of spray oil available, I don't know if they are SW approved, our damaging.

On the subject of pans, has anyone tried the new, white ceramic pans?

It is when you have lost 10% of your body weight. I find the classes motivational and really fun. That's a shame :(

My experience of the class is that the leader just calls out every one still there and makes one remark to them. (Usually I blame the sausages in the petrol station) them she might have a news item, I really don't see any motivation value in it. What is the experience of others, what goes on at the session, what do you find motivational?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,284 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

My experience of the class is that the leader just calls out every one still there and makes one remark to them. (Usually I blame the sausages in the petrol station) them she might have a news item, I really don't see any motivation value in it. What is the experience of others, what goes on at the session, what do you find motivational?

Sharing tips and tricks basically. If anyone tries any new meals, they usually share the info. I don't know if motivational is the right word but I find them useful and usually enjoyable

Our consultant goes around to each person there and congratulates them on their loss. If there are any gains she encourages the person and reminds them that they have lost weight and offers them all the support and help she can. We usually have a chat about any new recipes we've tried and things like that. She then asks of we have anything that we might struggle with in the coming week eg parties or going out or anything like that and helps put a plan in place to help with that. I know motivational might not be the rigt word to everyone but I had a group a few weeks ago when I was mad at myself for not going out because I was afraid of putting on weight. She couldn't have been nicer about it and gave me plenty of advice about enjoying myself and still being on plan. I couldn't imagine doing slimming world without staying for the class.

Personally I find group so helpful and motivational. I can learn tips & tricks, I enjoy the chat with our leader and other members. I have met some great people there and I find Thursdays the highlight of my week. I don't see the point of weighing and going, you may as well do the plan online and weigh at home...

I love the group, we also have a group fb and I love that too. :)

Thanks for the information. I haven't noticed any damage or build up on my non stick pans, but I will keep an eye out. Like yourself, I will have to stick (!) with it. I notice there are other brands of spray oil available, I don't know if they are SW approved, our damaging.

On the subject of pans, has anyone tried the new, white ceramic pans?

I've heard there are other sprays and they're fine too as long as they come in at less than one calorie per spray. I've never seen any other brands though and I'd imagine they'd all be similar anyway. I'd recommend the olive oil spray to anyone who finds the scent of the sunflower one a bit off-putting (it's quite sickly sweet!), I haven't tried the garlic flavour one as I use quite a bit of garlic in my cooking anyway.
    Haven't tried a ceramic pan with frylight but I'm sure I read somewhere that ceramic pans shouldn't be used with cooking sprays?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Personally I've never found the classes good at all, they go on far too long and a lot of the chat can be very non food/sw plan, the last class I was at there was one girl that that spoke about a 'poodle parlour ' that she had opened, this went in for 20 minutes!

Just weighed in and lost 1 lb, got my 1stone 5lbs award.. hoping to get the club 10 award next week (was hoping for this week).. thinking I need to restart the walking again as the weight loss was lower than I hoped :(

• Advertisement

Just weighed in and lost 1 lb, got my 1stone 5lbs award.. hoping to get the club 10 award next week (was hoping for this week).. thinking I need to restart the walking again as the weight loss was lower than I hoped :(

Be positive, a loss is a loss! You'll probably lose more next week anyway, my weight loss varies alot from week to week even when my eating habits don't x

Wellyd wrote: »
    God that would drive me insane. Does your leader have another time that you could go? Our leader has 5 classes on a Monday and we're free to choose which one we go to.

There are 3 classes in my area weekly, my OH works away 3-4 days a week so wed morning is the only time for me when kids are at school.

The 3 women are lovely and one has reached her target weight, but the whole class revolves around them and the leader seems to entertain them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

Hey guys!

Having a party tonight and really want to drink but stay within my syns. My drink for the night is gonna be malibu and diet coke :) If I measure it with a shot glass how many syns is that gonna be?

Thanks ^_^

martinak89 wrote: »
    Hey guys!

Having a party tonight and really want to drink but stay within my syns. My drink for the night is gonna be malibu and diet coke :) If I measure it with a shot glass how many syns is that gonna be?

Thanks ^_^

4 syns per 35ml for Malibu

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

4 syns per 35ml for Malibu

:eek: Better than I thought :P yay! Thanks ^_^

andreac wrote: »
    I don't think you get a free week for your club 10. I know once you get to target then you don't pay for classes once you stay within target range of 3 lbs up or down.

I got a free week after i got my club 10 , im sure it'd be the same in all groups .

So far this week ive been super good and on plan ,really really trying hard to get that half lb loss this week .

Forgot to add that i love the group i go to , yes there are one or two "heads" but mostly we all look out for each other . My consultant has one or two pets but i suppose that's kinda the norm with girls who have been members for a long time. I love sitting listening to how everyone is doing but then that could be the old busybody in me coming thru lol

Had a gorgeous, 100% SW friendly dinner today - newsflash: butternut squash is much nicer roasted in frylight than with real oil! Hack it into wedges, fire a few unpeeled garlic cloves in the recesses, spray away, roast for 30 minutes and boom, yummy wintery vegginess when you can't hack the thought of another salad :D
    (PS I may have refound my SW mojo!)

Could anyone hazard a guess at how many syns would be in a caramel square? It's just a digestive biscuit base with caramel and melted chocolate on top! I meet a friend for tea on a Saturday afternoon and for the last few weeks I've just been boring having tea and I think tomorrow I might have my old usual if it's not too high in syns!

• Advertisement

Wellyd wrote: »
    Could anyone hazard a guess at how many syns would be in a caramel square? It's just a digestive biscuit base with caramel and melted chocolate on top! I meet a friend for tea on a Saturday afternoon and for the last few weeks I've just been boring having tea and I think tomorrow I might have my old usual if it's not too high in syns!

If you're going to a chain cafe like Costa that has calories displayed you could go by the 1 syn per 20 calories rule. Otherwise, a Mr Kipling caramel slice is 8 syns so maybe compare to the size of that and calculate from there :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement